In this Discussion

sad list

Comments

• I was wondering which Ron you were referring to in your tweet this morning, Becky.  ::HUGS::
  • Puddles (the Oregon Duck) was knocked out of the Capital One mascot of the year challenge. Frown It was going so swimmingly, too.
  • I was supposed to be at a concert right now, but my ride and ticketbuyer bailed on me an hour before the show started.  I couldn't even get the tickets he bought because they were on his email.  
  • Aww I'm so sorry. Frown That's awful. Whose concert was it?
  • KristaMichelle said:Aww I'm so sorry. Frown That's awful. Whose concert was it?

It was a radio station concert with Smashing Pumpkins, My Chemical Romance, Phoenix, The Black Keys, and Broken Bells.  They were floor tickets too.  

I'm ok now since I didn't pay him back yet, and he was sort of irresponsible about this whole thing.

• That does sound disappointing! Sorry that happened, it is a nice bill. Hopefully your next concert experience will be a good one, and make up for anything you missed.
  • Danny B Harvey played here last night. Three blocks from my apartment. The universe is so cruel.
  • I'm sad because I didn't get to see Return played on handbells nor see White Knuckles in 3D on the boys' last tour. And I'm very unsure that they'll be doing either of these on their next tour.
  • I was coloring a picture on the computer that was taking a lot of time, and then randomly the computer screen decided to go black. Stressed, I restarted the computer to find more black. Then my sister plugged the thing in that connects the screen to the other part that I can't remember the name of. And I found out that I lost a lot of progress on that picture for NOTHING.
  • daisychains said:I was coloring a picture on the computer that was taking a lot of time, and then randomly the computer screen decided to go black. Stressed, I restarted the computer to find more black. Then my sister plugged the thing in that connects the screen to the other part that I can't remember the name of. And I found out that I lost a lot of progress on that picture for NOTHING.

Oh man! That's so annoying!!! I'm sorry, daisychains.

• This may belong in the Doctor Who thread, but it's making me very sad and I don't want to spread sadness to that thread (It's a happy) so here I am. I've been having a massive flare up of pain lately with all the bullshit surrounding my wheelchair and other stuff, and for the last few days I've been unable to do a damn thing because my usual pain-control methods aren't sufficient.

Last night I slept a grand total of 10 minutes and when I woke up, I was crying... never been in that situation before. Anyway, I got up this morning and did all my work email/assignment stuff and made all my appointments and phone calls and such. No new "available DVDs" lists were out, and my editor was still catching up so the "currently assigned" list hadn't gone around either (that's the one that tells me what my new and current reviews are so I can tell her which ones I haven't yet received).

Given the rush of other things that happen after publishing break, I figured that if it hadn't gone out by 2, my time, it wouldn't go out today. I was in such agonizing pain, I had to go back to bed.

At 2:13, a new DVDs available list went out. It has 4 (FOUR!) Doctor Who-related items on it! Yell Granted, I only really want to review 2 of them (A Christmas Carol and Doctor Who: The Meglos), but I didn't see the list until 4 hours after it was sent. Unfortunately, for me, all things Whovian are usually snapped up by these two guys on staff who I swear write the same thing every damn time.

It's bad enough my situation keeps me from concerts and social events (and clean laundry), but if it's keeping me from the only guilty pleasure I have left when I'm trapped inside, I'm going to be a lot more than sad. Cry

• BOO to those guys for snapping up all the Who.  And Boo to your body for making things crappy for you. :-(  ::HUGS::
  • Aww I'm really sorry to hear that, Christel. Those guys sound lame. *hugs*

• Sorry to post after myself, but I am really sad, and I have to get it out somewhere. So tonight my Ducks lost the National Championship to Auburn. I went to the game with my brother, and he was supporting Auburn because he's always been a fan and especially because our father and grandfather both went there. So in the end, the score was tied and Auburn won with a field goal with 2 seconds left in the game. Obviously, all the Auburn fans went crazy immediately, as they should. I turned to my brother to see him celebrating. He then saw my face, I think, and said to me that it was okay, that I should be proud of the way my team performed and that he loved me. I nodded, because I am extremely proud of my Oregon boys. Then he hugged me, and that's when the tears started. He pulled away, saw that I was crying, and pulled me back in for a bigger hug, and I just started sobbing. I've felt that sad, disappointed, upset, letdown, what have you, plenty of times in my life. But never in public and certainly never over a sporting event. I just can't believe it. I was hoping so hard that this would finally be our day. I couldn't even sleep last night because I was afraid we'd lose, and I didn't think I'd be able to stand it. (Turns out I can in fact stand it, but it takes everything I have.) Things were so much easier when I didn't care about stuff like this. I'm so tired of coming in second or almost having something amazing happen to me only to have something thwart it in the end. And I don't mean just with the Ducks.  Stuff like that has been happening for most of my life. I'm so sick of it. Sick and tired and now thoroughly discouraged.

I still love my Ducks, and I still intend on striving for awesome things in life in general. But tonight, I'm just sad.

*sigh*

• This looked like a good place for this post.  If there is a better place, I have yet to see it.  I broke my right foot night before last and had to spend most of yesterday sitting around in a hospital waiting room.  I have to stay home and keep my foot elevated, which sucks.  I can't go to my favorite game store this week at all.  :(
  • Aw, Becki, I hope you get better soon. That just sucks.Frown

Hmmm... Look on the bright side, though: You'll have a lot of time on your hands to listen to lots and lots of OK Go. Laugh

I'd be kind of happy about that, haha.
  • Plus my husband has to do all of the chores :)
  • BeckiWitte said:

Plus my husband has to do all of the chores :)

See?  There is ALWAYS a silver lining!  I hope your foot gets better quickly.
  • NinjaCat said:

BeckiWitte said:

Plus my husband has to do all of the chores :)

See?  There is ALWAYS a silver lining!  I hope your foot gets better quickly.

What NinjaCat said. Smile
    BTW, HELLO NINJACAT! Welcome to the Awesome Side. We have confetti. Laugh