In this Discussion

OK Go at KOKO - Smirnoff Electric Cabaret

Comments

• QUOTE (mayonaise @ Oct 31 2007, 12:32 AM)
    we're paying just 68 euro for flight and insurance, so 34 euro per person... it's really really cheap considering we're actually flying to another country...

Yeah, that is super cheap for Germany to England- what airline are you flying?? And is that including taxes?

I guess we look for a hostel, but if anyone got a better idea or lives in London, we'd be super happy... smile.gif

I mean, honestly, unless you find an actual person willing to put you up for the night (I was always lucky, because I never had to worry about that), hostels or budget hotels are the best way to go. London is fucking expensive, so a standard hotel would probably be too much. (Plus you have to pay for meals, Tube rides, getting to/from whatever airport you're landing at, etc.)

Just be sure to look at the ratings and comments, and choose a place that has no curfew or lockout and breakfast and linen included.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Nov 6 2007, 08:15 PM)
    Yeah, that is super cheap for Germany to England- what airline are you flying?? And is that including taxes?

yes, everything's included... We're flying with Ryanair, and one has to plan like three weeks before one wants to fly, then the chances to get such a flight are really good. Last time I only paid 19 euro for flight plus, i dunno 23 euro for insurance and taxes... it differs alot, the flight back on sunday would cost over 100 euro...The airline does not have the best service, but honestly, we're flying for what, one and a half hour, i don't need a proper meal and such things... and i don't care that passengers don't have that much space, like i said, only a short flight.
  • My tickets came today! They're not paper, they're weird little plastic cards, it's awesome. Except that means I can't get them signed, lol. Oooh, and they're ticket numbers 1 and 2! I was the first person to get tickets - true fandom, people.
  • Haha good job Alice! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Nov 11 2007, 12:35 PM)
    Oooh, and they're ticket numbers 1 and 2! I was the first person to get tickets - true fandom, people.

LMAO I have tickets 3 and 4! what does that say about us Alice? ....so own up, who's got 5 and 6?
  • QUOTE (toooldforthis @ Nov 12 2007, 07:43 AM)
    LMAO I have tickets 3 and 4! what does that say about us Alice? ....so own up, who's got 5 and 6?

BRILLIANT! ::Sigh:: I wish I had 5 and 6!
  • I wish I have 5 and 6...but they're still somewhere between UK and Germany... Hope to have them soon...
    When did you order them? I want nice numbers on mine...
  • Mine are 119 - 122! man I'm so far behind! dry.gif I bought them the next day they went on sale on though!

I really want to meet the band...but I'm not sure how...tips anyone?!!
  • QUOTE (Nahko @ Nov 12 2007, 10:01 PM)
    Mine are 119 - 122! man I'm so far behind! dry.gif I bought them the next day they went on sale on though!

I really want to meet the band...but I'm not sure how...tips anyone?!!

Lol, I was sat at my computer refreshing the page over and over until I could order them. Sad, perhaps. Awesome, yes.

Last time, at Koko, we just hung around the side entrance when the show was over. My friend got all chatty with the security guard so he kept giving us updates on whether or not the boys were on their way, and they came out soon enough. I'm not sure when OK Go are playing, coz it's a club night, so I don't know if they'll go to the bar after or if they're headlining or what... we'll have to play it by ear, and if all else fails pretend to faint and we'll demand that you need to be taken backstage wink.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Nov 12 2007, 10:13 PM)
    Lol, I was sat at my computer refreshing the page over and over until I could order them. Sad, perhaps. Awesome, yes.

Last time, at Koko, we just hung around the side entrance when the show was over. My friend got all chatty with the security guard so he kept giving us updates on whether or not the boys were on their way, and they came out soon enough. I'm not sure when OK Go are playing, coz it's a club night, so I don't know if they'll go to the bar after or if they're headlining or what... we'll have to play it by ear, and if all else fails pretend to faint and we'll demand that you need to be taken backstage wink.gif

I wish it was just an OK Go gig, it makes life so much easier.....
    I'd probably hang around for a bit after the show, and see if I get lucky before I freeze to death...
  • I guess I'll just try to catch up with you, as you always make the impression that you meet them all the time... (plus: i've only been to one ok go gig before and it was by chance that we met Tim... ) So, if there's somebody following you the whole night, it's me;) er... how do you look like?! smile.gif
  • Lol, i've only met them twice... I didn't have a clue what I was doing the second time, tbh (the first time was a HIGA single signing), I was just so determined that I posted my friends at every door and told them ll to ring me if OK Go came out, lol! tongue.gif

And I'm short, with red hair. I'll have a red coat and a scarf on too. What do you look like?
  • I dunno yet about coat, and am currently contemplating whether I should wear my Damianesque red pants ...
    brown hair (shoulder length), glasses, we should all wear funny hats or something to recognize boardies... weren't we talking about cool board t-shirts once? wink.gif

when should one go there? entry is at 8.30, but I dunno, is there much lining up (i forgot the right word... queue?) before?

and: do you recon there'll be any merch? I mean, I wanted to order the EPs, but thought maybe I could save shipping and buy it there...??
  • I dunno how early to get there, it's a club night so it's going to be different from regular gigs... I'll see what my friend thinks and get back to you. Oh, and if you don't recognise me, he'll be the guy with me with a big black afro lol.

As for the merch, there should be some, but it'll probably only be the new EPs, not the old ones. And bring ID with you, they're really strict on that.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Nov 11 2007, 11:35 AM)
    My tickets came today! They're not paper, they're weird little plastic cards, it's awesome. Except that means I can't get them signed, lol. Oooh, and they're ticket numbers 1 and 2! I was the first person to get tickets - true fandom, people.

First two tickets?! NICE work my dear smile.gif Can't wait to hear about the show!
  • The tickets... have arrived. YES! (ok, so I don't have them yet, they're still at my friends house (sent to the address of the owner of the visa card bla bla...) but on friday I will have them...in my hands... omg)
    that makes it all awfully real to me... in just a week i'm going to be so excited. (and a bit scared, i have no idea yet of where to sleep, but I send some requests to hostels that seem ok...plus: the flight, whoo!)

oi
  • O man! I'm sooo jealous! I wish I could go. Ugh, I'll be stuck in New York, while you all will be living it up with OK Go! Well have fun everyone that's going. Say hello to them for me laugh.gif

Hmmm....maybe I'll just sneak out to the nearest airport and catch a flight over to London, and then come back the next day and pretend I was at a friends house. Will that work? haha

O and Electra...tickets 1 and 2?!?! Awesome.
  • ooh this all sounds very exciting!

yeah, the idea of OkGo boardie t-shirts gets brought up once in a while, I think it's a good idea, but I dunno how we'd do that.

hope you all have fun, though... and good job on the tickets Alice! haha
  • QUOTE (Nahko @ Oct 31 2007, 12:35 AM)
    Hi Mayonnaise,

check out this site too! www.travelstay.com
    Looks like there are a few hostels in Camden (near Koko), like this one http://www.travelstay.com/pages/CamdenInn.htm
    also http://www.travelstay.com/pages/StChristophersInn-Camden.htm...

I don't know the area very much but I hope it's little helpful!

thank you so much. we're going to stay at the st. christophers inn in camden high street... so basically neighborly to the KOKO...
  • Eeeee, 3 days!

I can't even get properly excited, you know. sad.gif
    My friend wants to go late, he doesn't even seem like he's looking forward to it, I might have to leave early because of my med school interview the next day, and even if I stay til the end I haven't a clue how I'll get home.

OK Go shows shouldn't make me feel this nervous/disappointed in friends. Oy.