In this Discussion

OK Go at KOKO - Smirnoff Electric Cabaret

Comments

• OMG I just watched Tim's message to Alice and died... Miss Mayo, you're so wonderful smile.gif
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Nov 24 2007, 11:43 AM)
    #2 I love how Andy is so multi-talented. Especially when he's got a guitar strapped to his back while playing the tambourine and keyboard at the same time. And has anyone else noticed that when he does the "hey"s, he gets up on his tippy toes? Way to use that diaphragm!!

yes! the first time i watched that particular video, i noticed it, and i thought it was ridiculously adorable and reason #346 why i love Rusty Ross... one fave andy move of mine is when he's playing the keys, and he's only playing with his right hand and he puts his left behind his back and just leaves it there, sometimes he holds onto his guitar if it's there, but anyway, he does this in that video... and i love the part right before the 2nd verse when damian is jumping around, as well as during the big bridge where they are just jamming out how he's jumping around, and andy's REALLY getting into it...

that was too much info. sorry bout it
  • QUOTE (AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken @ Nov 24 2007, 04:23 PM)
    Yeah first concert I ever saw them at Damian threw a tamborine and it like took a 90 degree angle from what he was throwing it at and it like skimmed my face.

hahahahaha laugh.gif laugh.gif Oh my, weren't you able to catch that god forsaken tambourine?

Rosa
  • No some other girl acually got hit with it so she got it. I was to busy looking at Tim haha.
  • ooo, yes!
    I've been looking thru old concert footage yesterday and yeah- Andy is pretty amazing. He switches from guitar to keyboards to vocals to tambourine seamlessly. And what really just astounds me is when he starts walking around, like while playing his guitar or just dancing, and then he'll go back to the keyboard and microphone exactly on time, as though he never left the spot.

Rosa, that is awesome that you noticed that. I wonder if he was on a frisbee team and can't bear the thought of throwing it without technique?

I would absolutely love to get hit in the face by a Damian-tossed frisbee. You're so lucky, Christy!
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Nov 24 2007, 04:53 PM)
    Rosa, that is awesome that you noticed that. I wonder if he was on a frisbee team and can't bear the thought of throwing it without technique?

yep, I think he did wink.gif , from Rusty's old blog:

Thursday, April 21, 2005
    Chapter Thirty-Nine: The Manhandle
    I haven't been to Florida's panhandle since a spring break trip with my college's ultimate frisbee team. That's right folks, my fore-hand my be a little rusty (no pun intended), but I can certainly toss the disc.

Rosa
  • QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Nov 24 2007, 10:27 PM)
    OMG I just watched Tim's message to Alice and died... Miss Mayo, you're so wonderful smile.gif

*bows* haha, thank you,

I feel so very creative right now (in 20 minutes i will be dead-like asleep, i swear...) and edited some of my pictures i took to animated gifs... (my mobile can make four pictures in a row, not the best, but nah, they're ok)
    imageimageimage

normally I would not put them here, but it's all from the KOKO so...

image looks a bit like DSFing to me, haha

So Andy was in a frisbee team?? I was always scared of frisbees, because i thought one cannot control where it flys whatsoever... but then again, my head always attracted frisbees, baketballs and those things...
  • Mayonaise (I dunno if you want me posting your real name or not, so I'll leave it at Mayo for now, lol), you are seriously the sweetest most wonderful person ever. Tim comes a close second. And I don't mind everyone else seeing, I've been out tonight but Andy texted me to tell me, so I've been looking forward to getting home, hehe!!

Thank you again. I really hope you can come back sometime soon!!
    I wub.gif you.

EDIT: Oh, and I managed to grab a hold of one of Andy's flying tambourines (it sounds more magical if they're flying), but another girl got a stronger hold and got it in the end. *sigh*
  • Mayonaise I had no idea it was you! I'm sorry I didn't have the guts to talk to you! sad.gif I'm very reluctant!
    And I'm a fan of your artistic work!
    Now that I know what you look like I'll see you maybe next time in London..
    And I'm jealous you got to see Damian before the show! rolleyes.gif

I'm gutted I took loads of crap pics when everyone else's pics look amazing!!
  • Nahko, were you right by us the whole time, then?
    What do you look like?
    I'm sorry, I never realised it was you there!
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Nov 24 2007, 05:55 PM)
    Mayonaise (I dunno if you want me posting your real name or not, so I'll leave it at Mayo for now, lol), you are seriously the sweetest most wonderful person ever. Tim comes a close second. And I don't mind everyone else seeing, I've been out tonight but Andy texted me to tell me, so I've been looking forward to getting home, hehe!!

Wait a sec...Rusty Ross? blink.gif

Mayonnaise, I love those animations!!
  • Ditto to Heidi's huh.gif

Rosa
  • QUOTE (Tapegrl =D @ Nov 25 2007, 12:51 AM)
    Wait a sec...Rusty Ross? blink.gif

HAHHAHA no, Head Full Of Crazy Andy, lol.
    Wow, a text from Rusty. That'd be amazing...
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Nov 24 2007, 09:55 PM)

Haha that would be awesome. Then you go around saying it like its no big deal it happens all the Time haha.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Nov 24 2007, 07:55 PM)

aawwww...Pandy! God in heaven lady, do not frighten us like that! laugh.gif

btw, where's Pandy? I haven't seen him around for ages...

Rosa
  • QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Nov 25 2007, 12:59 AM)
    God in heaven lady, do not frighten us like that! laugh.gif

laugh.gif HAHA that line made me laugh hysterically!

He's not feeling very well at the moment, so he hasn't been online much. He sends his love to everyone, though.

• QUOTE (Electra @ Nov 24 2007, 08:02 PM)
    laugh.gif HAHA that line made me laugh hysterically!

I sort of had the feeling you were playing with our minds laugh.gif ...you're a Damian after all wink.gif

He's not feeling very well at the moment, so he hasn't been online much. He sends his love to everyone, though.

oh, I hope he's well sad.gif ...I miss Pandy.
  • QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Nov 24 2007, 06:59 PM)
    God in heaven lady, do not frighten us like that! laugh.gif

laugh.gif I agree!
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Nov 24 2007, 03:28 PM)
    yes! the first time i watched that particular video, i noticed it, and i thought it was ridiculously adorable and reason #346 why i love Rusty Ross... one fave andy move of mine is when he's playing the keys, and he's only playing with his right hand and he puts his left behind his back and just leaves it there, sometimes he holds onto his guitar if it's there, but anyway, he does this in that video... and i love the part right before the 2nd verse when damian is jumping around, as well as during the big bridge where they are just jamming out how he's jumping around, and andy's REALLY getting into it...

that was too much info. sorry bout it

Actually, I was thinking pretty much the same thing, you just put it in writing. Kudos!
  • Wow, this event must've been Teh Sex*. Really, it sounded amazing! So jealous/happy/amazed that you all got to have this wonderful experience! But mostly just jealous you know laugh.gif

*My new term for anything that is just beyond awesome nowadays.