In this Discussion

OK Go at KOKO - Smirnoff Electric Cabaret

Comments

• Wow. There are no words. I'm with T-dog.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Nov 25 2007, 12:30 AM)
    Nahko, were you right by us the whole time, then?
    What do you look like?
    I'm sorry, I never realised it was you there!

looks like it! lol
    What did I look like?? Erm, I was wearing a short brown jacket and stripey tshirt and jeans...and I look Japanese. And fairly big in size. laugh.gif
    I'd have loved to meet some of the boardies here but I wouldn't have the courage to approach them and things tongue.gif I'm a wimp!
    But maybe next time eh....

I was so excited to see Rusty in flesh but I was literally speechless and there was a moment of awkward silence between us.
    My mind went blank and I didn't know what to say and he didn't know what to say. Still I got his autograph and a pic with him...
    AHHHHH It was dead embarassing. I just wanted to kill myself sad.gif He must have thought I was a right weirdo.
    I'm sorry Rusty....
    Tim was so sweet, he was just as I expected! He kinda did most of the talking so that helped me laugh.gif
    I stupidly forgot to mention that I really liked the light-up jacket.....D'OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I wish I could go back to the night....
  • QUOTE (Nahko @ Nov 25 2007, 08:14 PM)
    I was so excited to see Rusty in flesh but I was literally speechless and there was a moment of awkward silence between us.
    My mind went blank and I didn't know what to say and he didn't know what to say. Still I got his autograph and a pic with him...
    AHHHHH It was dead embarassing. I just wanted to kill myself sad.gif He must have thought I was a right weirdo.
    I'm sorry Rusty....
    Tim was so sweet, he was just as I expected! He kinda did most of the talking so that helped me laugh.gif
    I stupidly forgot to mention that I really liked the light-up jacket.....D'OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I wish I could go back to the night....

aw, you were alright. I thought it was so sweet when he told you you played ok, when you said you played guitar... smile.gif
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Nov 25 2007, 07:29 PM)
    aw, you were alright. I thought it was so sweet when he told you you played ok, when you said you played guitar... smile.gif

What?? What?? blink.gif Did I say that???!! What did I say??!! wacko.gif
  • QUOTE (Nahko @ Nov 25 2007, 07:14 PM)
    I'd have loved to meet some of the boardies here but I wouldn't have the courage to approach them and things tongue.gif I'm a wimp!
    But maybe next time eh....

Oh, damn! If only I'd known, I'd have gone straight over and introduced myself lol. I was the red headed girl with the guy with an afro. Probably screaming laugh.gif Was it you who got the tambourine then?
  • QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Nov 24 2007, 04:59 PM)
    yep, I think he did wink.gif , from Rusty's old blog:

Thursday, April 21, 2005
    Chapter Thirty-Nine: The Manhandle
    I haven't been to Florida's panhandle since a spring break trip with my college's ultimate frisbee team. That's right folks, my fore-hand my be a little rusty (no pun intended), but I can certainly toss the disc.

Rosa

O wow! That is so awesome considering that I'm the president of my school's Frisbee Club and that I've been playing for years! O ya! biggrin.gif I knew Andy was far too amazing.
  • QUOTE (Nahko @ Nov 25 2007, 08:38 PM)
    What?? What?? blink.gif Did I say that???!! What did I say??!! wacko.gif

hahaha,.... yes, omg, you said that you practised and then he took your hand, examined it and said you played alright.... it was so sweet... you did not say anything stupid at all, i was impressed at how easy it seemed for you to talk to them...
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Nov 25 2007, 07:42 PM)
    Oh, damn! If only I'd known, I'd have gone straight over and introduced myself lol. I was the red headed girl with the guy with an afro. Probably screaming laugh.gif Was it you who got the tambourine then?

No I didn't get the tambourine... sad.gif

QUOTE (mayonaise @ Nov 25 2007, 11:15 PM)
    hahaha,.... yes, omg, you said that you practised and then he took your hand, examined it and said you played alright.... it was so sweet... you did not say anything stupid at all, i was impressed at how easy it seemed for you to talk to them...

No it wasn't me Mayonaise..unfortunately! wink.gif Weren't there two other people waiting??
    It must be them you are talking about... But I wish I'd have said that! rolleyes.gif
  • wha...? but the description fits perfectly... are you sure...oh of course you're sure... haha... omg that is hilarious!
  • ha ha ha sorry about that. There were 6 of us weren't there, if I remember? I never talked to you or the others. I was too shy! tongue.gif
    If I knew it was you I'd have told you that you are my favourite artist!! laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Nov 26 2007, 09:51 AM)
    I Love Google Alerts. Look what I just got!

http://www.dezeen.com/2007/11/26/ok-go-sta...eyer/#more-7248

MUCHAS GRACIAS RACHEL! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
  • Those are just so freaking awesome. I love those pictures they are the best!
  • thanks, Rachel!
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Nov 26 2007, 09:51 AM)
    I Love Google Alerts. Look what I just got!
    http://www.dezeen.com/2007/11/26/ok-go-sta...eyer/#more-7248

Nice! Good work, Rachel! I'm very impressed with the jackets. LED lights...what can't they do?

I wish I could come up with just one spectacular rock-show idea and give it to OK Go.

Thanks for the pictures, everyone! And mayo, how sweet are you (and how sweet is Tim) to record that little hello for our dear Alice?
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Nov 27 2007, 01:24 AM)
    Nice! Good work, Rachel! I'm very impressed with the jackets. LED lights...what can't they do?

I wish I could come up with just one spectacular rock-show idea and give it to OK Go.

Damian wore his K with pride. And they kept them "on" (i.e. the lights were on) throughout DWYW, so every time they turned around you could see the letters again. Or weird shapes....

I want a rock idea to give them too! Actually, I wanted to try to throw my boa on stage so that Damian could wear it. But I liked my boa too much. smile.gif

• haha.... that is so cool, nahko, i was so sure because you said you are japanese... which fit perfectly on the girl we talked with... how weird is that??? So, next time we better do wear big boardie signs... hahaha...

sureeyesawake... it is so weird that everyone says how sweet it was of me, i'm sure all of you would have done the same... (if not, i'm a hero!! smile.gif)
  • Mayo - face it, you're wonderful. I'm so grateful to you. smile.gif
  • oh, you have your own motivational poster YAY
  • ack, I missed so much last week!

the show sounded amazing, I'm incredibly jealous, all the pictures/footage/media are incredible, etc etc

<3<3

oh, and it's awesome how many people went to represent the boards!
    <3