In this Discussion

OK Go Love List

Comments

• 307. "raised amid the trickle-down days"

Deftly phrased political references are HOT!! THANK YOU DAMIAN!
    wink.gif

GRRRRR booo hisss Reaganomics.
  • Bumpage.

308. The fact that they don't drip sweat... but instead... concentrated SEX. wink.gif
  • 309. Cantarell
  • 310. Not only do they take the time to meet fans, but when they do they genuinely listen to fans. I've been to some shows where the musician or what have you comes out and you say hi or give them a gift, and they start joking around. Then while you're talking, they're getting ready to say something else and act spacey, not giving much of a shit that you've brought them something or that you're saying hi. But Ok Go actually stand there and listen to what a fan is saying and try to have a real conversation.

311. Ok Go act like normal people while being incredibley vibrant.

312. They are down to earth (pretty much sums up what I'm trying to say above--hope it hasn't already been said).

Sorry, I know we're not supposed to number more than one thing in a post, but it's been awhile and for all the little things that Ok Go have done that do get under my skin, the above just reminded me about how wonderful they are.
  • 313. After taking a terrible and massive break from my OK Go uber fandom I can still come back and feel right at home amongst my fellow boardies.
    314. Resurecting this thread because it's too good to die out.
  • 315. They make good use of the cowbell. Most bands these days do not.
  • ^^^^^ Excellent point.

316. Laser Guitars. I mean seriously? LASER GUITARS.
  • 317. Naming albums after old books they find interesting. (I love BOOOOKKKSSS)
  • 318. Their songs sound nice performed with different instruments: electric guitars, acoustic guitars, trombones, HANDBELLS. Can you tell that I was in band when I was in school? (choir too) I'm a music geek up and down!
  • 319. WTF?
    320. This Too Shall Pass
    321. All Is Not Lost
    322. Needing/Getting
    323. Skyscrapers
    324. White Knuckles
    325. I Want You So Bad I Can't Breathe
    326. End Love
    327. Before The Earth Was Round
    328. Last Leaf
    329. Back from Kathmandu
    330. While You Were Asleep
    331. In The Glass
    332. Louisiana Land [bonus track]
    333. White Knuckles (Static Revenger Remix)

I know we haven't even heard some of these songs yet, but I'm listing them here all the same.
  • 334. Damian's a bigger fangirl than any of us.
  • 335. Danimal getting into a staring contest with Animal and losing.
  • Way to bump, Becky! Thanks from the new boardies for making us aware of this thread!

And now we shall add -

336. The Thingamagoop Army!

• I agree. Thanks Becky.

Also (as much as I once prefered calling it a bleep box for the alliterative possibilities and my mental picture of a Bleep Box Brigade), I just decided that I'm going to call #336 (The Thingamagoop Army) The Thingamatroops! Except when it's actually performing, then it's a Thingamatroupe!

337. (Apologies because I'm sure this has been said)  OK Go makes me think and say and do wonderfully silly and creative things!

338. And then I actually have place to share those wonderfully silly and creative things!

• 339. The fact that they take time out of their tour to visit insane fans after one small email (this happened to me, I emailed them and asked them to visit the School of Rock where I go and they did a 2 hour workshop with us and played some acoustic songs.)
  • ChristelAdina said:

Also (as much as I once prefered calling it a bleep box for the alliterative possibilities and my mental picture of a Bleep Box Brigade), I just decided that I'm going to call #336 (The Thingamagoop Army) The Thingamatroops! Except when it's actually performing, then it's a Thingamatroupe!

Haha, excellent! Thingama-troops/troupe!

And, hey, just like in "The Lord of the Rings," where people, places and things have a half a dozen different names at least (and that's not including what names the different races use)  - so shall thus many names the Bleepy Boxes, Bleepies, Thingamagoops, etc, have!

(I think I hurt my grammar brain.)

• ChristelAdina said:

I always called it a "bleep machine" because that's what the "damian and his bleep machine" YT vid called it... I like 'thingamagoop" better! 

I can't believe that no one's said the confetti cannon!

#340. The gigantic confetti cannon that leaves you standing in a foot of confetti after the show and then the next morning, random pieces of confetti fall from every possible orifice on your body/clothing.

• #341. Damian's wails in "Skyscrapers."

>chills, I tell ya, chills!<

• violetchaos364 said:

#341. Damian's wails in "Skyscrapers."

Hell fucking yeah. 

• violetchaos364 said:

#341. Damian's wails in "Skyscrapers."

#342. Those same chilling wails LIVE. When you can SEE HIM MAKE THEM. Yes.