In this Discussion

February 2, 2008 - DC SHOW!

Comments

• QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Jan 13 2008, 06:08 PM)
    ARGH! I envy you all.

Hey, if *I* go, YOU go.

If I could make it to Cincin, how far of a drive is it to DC?
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Jan 13 2008, 06:35 PM)
    Hey, if *I* go, YOU go.

If I could make it to Cincin, how far of a drive is it to DC?

Cincinatti, OH to Washington, DC is 8 hours and 23 minutes according to Google Maps. Totally doable!!
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Jan 13 2008, 06:37 PM)
    Cincinatti, OH to Washington, DC is 8 hours and 23 minutes according to Google Maps. Totally doable!!

Gosh, your driving skills are amazing. I wish I loved driving as much as you do. You rock, beckysioux
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 13 2008, 07:45 PM)
    Gosh, your driving skills are amazing. I wish I loved driving as much as you do. You rock, beckysioux

It's not about the driving, it's about the destination. And if Andy's the destination...

I would have totally driven to DC, but when I saw I could cut the traveling time by 10 hours if I flew (and I *love* to fly), then I booked my flight. Besides, I went a little crazy when I drove to Kirksville. I mean, who pens a song titled "Silver Pants" to the tune of "Silver Bells" about bliss in silver pants? Surely no sane person would.

Or would they? wink.gif
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Jan 13 2008, 09:08 PM)
    I mean, who pens a song titled "Silver Pants" to the tune of "Silver Bells" about bliss in silver pants? Surely no sane person would.

I definitely spittled on my screen upon reading that. laugh.gif
  • sexy t-dog spittle!
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Jan 13 2008, 08:26 PM)
    I definitely spittled on my screen upon reading that. laugh.gif

Sorry 'bout that. I ♥ being funny when I'm not intending to be.

And I just realized that I can blame the boys for me flying out to the show:

OK Go & Bonerama are playing two benefit shows to celebrate the release. Buy a ticket to either and you´ll get a free download of You’re Not Alone as a gift from OK Go. The first show is this Friday. Get on it! Buy plane tickets! Help build a house while you're there!
  • this is going to be a good time. now i just have to figure out EXACTLY how i'll tell my mom.... whoops.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Jan 13 2008, 10:19 PM)
    Buy plane tickets!

We are kickass fans AND we follow orders...what more could they want? smile.gif
  • I'm so proud to be enabling all of you fellow crazies. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 14 2008, 11:03 AM)
    I'm so proud to be enabling all of you fellow crazies. laugh.gif

Angie's mom is too... she found us the great deal on the plane tickets... and we all had to keep quiet when we went out to dinner on Saturday night... this includes my mother who still doesn't know.... whoops
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Jan 14 2008, 11:12 AM)
    Angie's mom is too... she found us the great deal on the plane tickets... and we all had to keep quiet when we went out to dinner on Saturday night... this includes my mother who still doesn't know.... whoops

Angie's mom is my kind of lady!
  • she's kickass. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Beasle @ Jan 14 2008, 07:51 AM)
    We are kickass fans AND we follow orders...what more could they want? smile.gif

Hmmm, this is a tough one. Um, for us to throw jello at them? Nah, that'd be weird. Ooh, I know, buy them alcohol.

QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 14 2008, 10:03 AM)
    I'm so proud to be enabling all of you fellow crazies. laugh.gif

So, Rachel, are you admitting that you're an enabler? Because, if you are, awesome.

QUOTE (katieyellow @ Jan 14 2008, 10:12 AM)

The best way to tell your mom is to start talking about the benefit concert and that "OK Go are helping to support musicians that were devastated by hurricane Katrina and that you would really love to help support the cause and you have because you bought a ticket to the show and are actually going to see the show and isn't OK Go just the best band ever for helping out such a worthy cause and oh my gosh Damian cut his hair. So, what's up with you?" And all of that must be done in one breath.

That is pretty much how I would have told my mom. Actually, I did do something like this when I was your age, only I went to California for a weekend. And she was actually quite okay with it. Mom's, they're surprising sometimes.

And Katie, I'm loving your new Andy sig.
  • that's probably how i'll do it anyway. i'm telling her tonight when i go grocery shopping with her... she doesn't know about NW, but i figured since i was FLYING she should probably know in case something happens (GOD FORBID!)...

and thank you smile.gif i had it as my siggy awhile back, but then sally made all these other ones for me. but i figured i'd do a little throwback. also by sally
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Jan 14 2008, 02:19 PM)
    So, Rachel, are you admitting that you're an enabler? Because, if you are, awesome.

Then call me awesome, because I was implying just that.
  • Mama Beas is a down ass bitch. And Katie, so is your mom. I have a good feeling she will be OK with all this biggrin.gif
  • lol she was. It was funny. She called me during my class, she probably figured something was wrong since I sent her a text saying "I really need to talk to you about something, so I'm coming to see you after class"

I started out by telling her that Angie surprised me with something (sort of true) and that we were going to see OK Go... out of state. And that we were flying. Leaving out our destination. I told her it was D.C and she laughed. I explained to her the details of the show and all that and she said it sounded like a blast. I honestly don't know why I was so worried... She wouldn't be mad about me going, it's just I don't have money to crap away... not that I am with this, and I think she gets that. She goes "This is just like your freshman year when you were chasing Graham all around the midwest" and it is.. but OK Go is a much bigger thing. I never flew anywhere to see Graham, but I DID see him 11 times in 6 months...

WHOOPS!
  • YAYYYY!!! I knew she'd be cool with it! I love Mama Sue. biggrin.gif
  • You know, I actually have enough miles to buy a plane ticket to D.C. I don't know though. Am I that crazy?