In this Discussion

February 2, 2008 - DC SHOW!

Comments

• Kalinda. Do it. So I don't have to call you and you can hear it live, for yourself wink.gif
  • There's more room on the couch at Mom's...
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 14 2008, 11:50 PM)
    There's more room on the couch at Mom's...

Haha I'm sorry I'm encouraging the world to come... blink.gif
  • go, Kalinda!
    if only because my encouragement helps me feel less bad about the fact that I can't go myself.

btw, all of you are awesome for this. truly awesome. especially Rose, for enabling biggrin.gif it all to happen.

Once I get out from under my parents' constant surveillance, I want to be able to make the most of opportunities like this.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Jan 15 2008, 12:25 AM)
    Once I get out from under my parents' constant surveillance, I want to be able to make the most of opportunities like this.

IN THE MEAN TIME I'M KIDNAPPING YOU AND TAKING YOU TO SEE SCAMPER KTHNX.
  • hahahaha, K, between the two of us ALL the boardies will be at concerts that night.
  • We're partners in enablement.

You're the major enabler, though. I'm just the minor one.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Jan 15 2008, 12:25 AM)

Oh the joys of college... I pulled shenanigans like this the minute I moved out... no joke.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jan 15 2008, 11:38 AM)
    We're partners in enablement.

You're the major enabler, though. I'm just the minor one.

BS. You have enabled me a few times now. I have not done the same for you (yet). How could a minor enabler enable a major enabler, I ask you?
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 15 2008, 11:59 AM)
    BS. You have enabled me a few times now. I have not done the same for you (yet). How could a minor enabler enable a major enabler, I ask you?

You're enabling all these young'ins to make the trip to DC. And you majorly helped enable me to go to the Koko show. What did I enable you to do, drive two and half hours to New York?
  • I'm going to ask my mom if I can go this weekend. She's pretty awesome, but she might say no.
  • be strong k... i thought my mom would scold me up and down, but she didn't. smile.gif
  • We will all keep our fingers crossed smile.gif
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Jan 16 2008, 12:24 AM)
    I'm going to ask my mom if I can go this weekend. She's pretty awesome, but she might say no.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, K!
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Jan 15 2008, 11:24 PM)
    I'm going to ask my mom if I can go this weekend. She's pretty awesome, but she might say no.

Well, you did say that you have enough miles. Why not use them?

Good luck!
  • Thanks for all the support guys!

I've been doing research, like how to get to the venue from the airport and stuff, but it only occurred to me today that I have no idea what the weather is like. Will it still be snowing in DC?
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Jan 17 2008, 11:35 PM)
    Thanks for all the support guys!

I've been doing research, like how to get to the venue from the airport and stuff, but it only occurred to me today that I have no idea what the weather is like. Will it still be snowing in DC?

Good question. If recent past winters have been any indication, there's generally ONE really bad snow storm and it's over. Of course it could be that weekend. I don't know. February is generally when the snow hits.

If you want to hold off another week or so before you make the arrangements, you can check the 10 day forecast.
  • mini-meltdowns aside, all angie and i can really think about is this trip. i can't put into words HOW excited i am. seriously smile.gif

and k, if it's anything like michigan, it will just be superfuggincold
  • Amen sister.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 18 2008, 08:00 AM)
    Good question. If recent past winters have been any indication, there's generally ONE really bad snow storm and it's over. Of course it could be that weekend. I don't know. February is generally when the snow hits.

If you want to hold off another week or so before you make the arrangements, you can check the 10 day forecast.

Knowing my luck, it probably will happen that weekend.

QUOTE (katieyellow @ Jan 18 2008, 08:31 AM)
    and k, if it's anything like michigan, it will just be superfuggincold

I hope it's just cold. Then I can just bundle up and it will give me an excuse to get lots and lots of Dan hugs.