In this Discussion

February 2, 2008 - DC SHOW!

Comments

• QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Jan 24 2008, 08:20 PM)
    OH MY GOD! I just read the news... there's going to be a meet & greet and the four of you galls are in for it???!!!

haha angie and i have to sit out, but we have a plan wink.gif it's gonna be fun though, no matter what. i'm so psyched. 9 days.
  • QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Jan 24 2008, 08:20 PM)
    p.s. Rachel, are you ready for yet another snuggle? laugh.gif

Oh G-d, if only.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 24 2008, 08:28 PM)
    Oh G-d, if only.

Let's make a pact. I make sure you snuggle with Damian and you make sure I snuggle with Andy (that is if he'll allow it).
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Jan 24 2008, 09:31 PM)
    Let's make a pact. I make sure you snuggle with Damian and you make sure I snuggle with Andy (that is if he'll allow it).

I try very hard not to ask. I feel better about it when the hugs are offered. But we'll DEFINITELY do pictures, okay?
  • The words 'snuggle' and 'Damian' in the same sentence makes my knees weak.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 24 2008, 08:39 PM)
    I try very hard not to ask. I feel better about it when the hugs are offered. But we'll DEFINITELY do pictures, okay?

You got it.
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Jan 25 2008, 12:05 PM)
    haha angie and i have to sit out, but we have a plan wink.gif it's gonna be fun though, no matter what. i'm so psyched. 9 days.

I just wanna say, even though I'm not going (but I so wish I were!) I am frightfully curious as to what this 'plan' is. It sounds super sneaky and dangerous! Two very good things!
  • Silly question. Does the 9:30 club allow cameras?
  • that's not silly at all!! i'm *pretty* sure they do, since i've seen some of Rachel's beautimous pictures from there smile.gif
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Jan 25 2008, 11:13 AM)
    Silly question. Does the 9:30 club allow cameras?

Yes. Oh Goodness yes.

http://www.rachel-and-adam.com/gallery/Non...-Christmas-Show

Everything in that gallery was taken my last show at 9:30. Front Row. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (katieyellow @ Jan 25 2008, 11:23 AM)
    that's not silly at all!! i'm *pretty* sure they do, since i've seen some of Rachel's beautimous pictures from there smile.gif

Yep. You mean this one, Katie?

• RACHELLLL!! That is one of my FAVORITE pictures ever! Haha look at that tummy tongue.gif

Good god I cannot WAAAAIT!
  • okay. i just let out, audibly "ah duhhhhh"

yes. that is precisely the one i was thinking of. i can't even type. thanks. wink.gif
  • rolleyes.gif You're welcome. wink.gif
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 25 2008, 10:24 AM)
    Yes. Oh Goodness yes.

Yay!

And that is a great pic of Damian. Sadly, I don't think I'll ever see them do the Backyard Dance live. Oh well.
  • Awwww, don't give up hope, it's always a possibility. They've done it just for kicks before.

Oh, and girls, THIS SHOW IS A WEEK FROM TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Jan 24 2008, 10:35 AM)
    Alright. I just called and I spoke with two people. The first guy said they were sold out, but if there were any left, they'd be on the website. When I said that a friend had called and was told that there was one left like 10 minutes earlier, he switched me over to another guy. I asked again for the upgrade and he said that they were sold out, only a limited number were available. I knew that I should have called earlier this morning.

So, after being heartbroken for like a second, I decided to go on the website to see if it was still up there. The $60 ticket was still there. So, I clicked on it as if to pay for it. It took me through the rigamarole as the last time I got the GENADM ticket. And because I am that obsessed, I paid for this ticket, no upgrade.

And now I went back to the webpage again, the VIP ticket option is gone. I guess there was only one left and I got it. Go me! And go charity! And go credit card sad.gif I'm really not gonna like my bill next month.

So, Kalinda, if you ask your mom again and she says yes, I have an extra ticket.

I'm really pushing the envelope of what I wouldn't do for this band.

Edited to add:
    Angie and Katie, I will totally see what I can do to get you guys in.

Rachel, I think I'm the most screwed over. A service charge and shipping? It's not being shipped, it's at freakin' will call. *disgusted*

That sucks. It's completely ridiculous to have a shipping charge when it's will call. I really wish I could take that ticket off your hands, but my mom said no again. She's given me the OK for anytime they play in LA. Seeing as I know people in San Diego and Portland, I think I've got most of the West Coast covered if they decide to play a show over here.
  • I have a question for everbody. Is there anybody who has extra tickets or anything? Jennifer, Suzanne, and I need some. We have a plan to go we just don't have the tickets. So if anybody has any idea of helping us please message me! Thanks!
  • Just a correction: I am not going.
  • Good news! Saturday's forecast in DC calls for Sunny Skies with a high of 50! The low is even 36, not bad AT ALL.

(Still, girls, wear warm clothes at least for while we're waiting outside. This show is SOLD OUT and if we're going to be front row we have to get there early!)
  • ^ Sounds PERFECT. Waiting outside of the NU show was very VERY not fun. It was bitter cold from being way too close to Lake Michigan. Also, it will be good for the flight...hopefully no delays!

AHHHDSKDJSKAJ can't wait to see you Becky and Rachel smile.gif