In this Discussion

February 2, 2008 - DC SHOW!

Comments

• Have loads of fun guys!!
  • AHHHHH

It's tonight! Have loads of fun girls!!!! I know you will!
  • Hi guys! We're all happy and about to enjoy some pancakes, so I don't have a lot of time to update but OMG Bonerama is Brilliant, and we all agree that we haven't ever seen Damian so happy onstage. I hope you all got to listen to the feed on NPR. We got loads of great shots (like, each of the women here at Camp DJRose took at least 100 pictures). We'll say more later!
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Feb 3 2008, 07:31 AM)
    (like, each of the women here at Camp DJRose took at least 100 pictures)

Ooo! I wanna join that camp! That's a fantastic summer camp or army camp waiting to happen. Just out of curiosity when you girls start posting here, would all who are attending DJRose Camp please sign in (in other words, how many boardies are currently nesting under the Rose?)
  • I can't wait to hear about it and see the pictures! They didn't stream the concert. I looked all over the NPR site and didn't find anything. Hopefully they'll still podcast it.
  • DJRose Camp sounds like loads of fun! cool.gif Now I want some pancakes...
    Sucks that NPR didn't stream the concert, I tried looking for it too but couldnt find anything.
  • Hey guys! Ang and I just got home smile.gif All I can really say is, it was completely and 100% worth the trip. Seriously. Bonerama was completely amazing, you guys are going to absolutely ADORE the new EP... it was hands down, *THE* best show I have ever seen them play. They are all wonderful, but Damian was SO, SO happy up there, it was amazing. Seeing that grin NEVER leave his face was worth every penny!
    So was getting to meet Rachel, her wonderful hubby Adam, and Amy. And getting to see Becky again! Rachel, again, I can not THANK you enough for letting us stay with you and your fam. You guys are truly amazing smile.gif

The show was fabulous. I will give a run-down if needed, but since Becky and Rach got to talk to all the guys,, they may be able to give you more fun stuff. For now, here are 2 Andy pics I took... I have TONS more, but I need to work with them in photoshop thanks to the smokiness of the club wink.gif

**I must add... I found Damian's hair completely adorable... same goes for Andy's bedhead wink.gif

edit: I also learned that Sky Mall is the most useless magazine in the world. In case you EVER need to shit away money, please use this magazine... they have a box to organize over a dozen watches, in case you ever have that many. They also have a dinosaur you can mount on the wall... like 3d style. Also, in case you ever want to take a nap lying on your stomach, face down, they have a pillow thing to keep you from suffocating. The picture is hilarious.

p.s ang and i both have some vid of damian's dancing.
  • I am happy to report that my 4th OK Go Adventure was a complete success with my partner in crime.

Like Katie said, this was, hands down, the best show I have ever seen. Bonerama, OK Go and the collaboration fo the two made for a PERFECT show. Bonerama is FUCKING AMAZING and the EP is going to be so badass, you all will adore it.

I have never seen Damian look so incredibly happy and excited to be preforming. He was having SUCH a fun time rocking out with Bonerama and it made the whole vibe of the show that much more exciting.

Katie and I did not get to chat with Damian, Andy or Tim, BUT we DID get chit chat with Dan the Man, a drunk Dan the Man I might add biggrin.gif , so every second and penny of this trip was worth it. I am 300% satisfied.

Rach and Becky, let's do it again sometime REAL soon, deal? smile.gif

Sadly, I have two exams I need to study for, so I will leave you with this for the time being...

More stories, pictures and videos to come...I promise tongue.gif
  • Oh Angie, that picture is one of the best pictures I have EVER seen. And so incredibly indicative of how amazing last night was. Damian was SO Happy. I think the Letterman performance will show that as well.

I have to go to a board meeting/super bowl party for this organization Adam and I are in right now, but I will post a longer discussion later.

Oh, and Rose, Camp DJRose had 3 campers: Katieyellow, Beasle, and Beckysioux. Adam was with us as well, and we were joined at the show by Azulaco/Amy, and Casey, a friend of mine from Philly.
  • sdkfhashg I can't wait for the full report!!
    gah, jealousy.

It sounds amazing, so we need allllll the details smile.gif

but those pictures will do for now
    biggrin.gif
  • I got home 3 hours ago and have just finished re-sizing my pictures. Vista does not like the Photoshop I have. Must upgrade Photoshop or downgrade to XP. Or get a nice iBook like Angie and Katie have.

Anyway, since it took FOREVER to re-size, no long-ass recap of the show. Perhaps tomorrow. But don't worry, I wrote most of it on the plane trip home. Mainly it was the conversations had with Andy, Tim, Damian and Dan. Drunk Dan is fun! I even punched him in the arm. Twice! I really have no idea how I was so assertive and take charge last night with the guys. Especially Andy. I totally thought I was gonna be a puddle of drool and giggles.

All my pics have been uploaded onto Flickr here. And here are some teasers. Kinda sorta.

Camp DJRose and Amy

Set list

Dan

Damian

Tim

Andy

And squee:
    image image image image
  • aww becky!! the pictures are gorgeous! as usual wink.gif and i think the picture of all of us is the best... stealing loads of your pics, love smile.gif
  • yey! Thank you for the lovely pics, beckysioux! tongue.gif
  • Wow. All of you took some of the best pictures I've ever seenof the boys! Becky, are your glasses fogging up in that picture with Andy? tongue.gif
  • It looks like they had a little photoshoot too! in here

errr...two. MORE

actually...there are about 100 new pictures from the show on Flickr. yay!!! But our boardies took the best of course. =D
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Feb 3 2008, 08:24 PM)
    Dan

This is a FANTASTIC shot of Dan. I don't know what it is but I am simply in love with it!
  • QUOTE (Tapegrl =D @ Feb 3 2008, 09:19 PM)
    It looks like they had a little photoshoot imagetoo! in here

Donde esta Dan? ohmy.gif tongue.gif
  • I know! I miss Dan.
  • haha, the photographers that took those pictures managed their way up by us a couple times during the show... i'm glad they got such great shots smile.gif
  • oh, wow those pictures are fantastic fantastic fantastic!! Looks like you had a wonderful time and I can't wait to hear more!!:D