Fri Sep 26 '08 (7pm)
Regents Center @ Luther College
Decorah, IA

Comments

• YESSSSSSS!!
    thanks for the heads up!
  • that is a day after my b'day

im tempted
  • Us Indiana'ers could totally do this. It is a mere eight hour drive.
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Aug 6 2008, 11:05 PM)
    Us Indiana'ers could totally do this. It is a mere eight hour drive.

haha, yeah, it's only about 8 hours. Sadly my sister's Marching Invitational at her own High School is the very next day and having to drive back might rush me to have to leave soon after instead of waiting around. Flying would be slightly more convenient except I can't find any airports relatively close to Decorah and the closest airports have a high flight cost sad.gif

It's not that much for me to fly out to the concert that I'm assuming they're still having in Arkansas (it's been taken off the show's page), and there's an airport about 30 minutes away from it, but I don't know of many people going to that one and I don't want to go alone.
  • T-Dog im totally up if you are. I've been saving money for long trips like that! Lol.
  • Hmmm, it's just over 5 and a half hours from my house...
  • If you guys do decide to go, it's $20 and doors are at 6, according to Facebook.
  • If enough people are gonna be going to this, I think I'm going to definitely find a way. I've been wanting to go on a long trip to a concert. And I think this one could be a good one. On facebook, it says that the concert's from 6-11. And the last college concert that I went to, that wasn't at a festival or anything, was the best concert I've been to.
  • If only we could all meet up and drive together to save on gas.

And you're right Rebekker, there is not a damn thing near the college. No plane/train/bus stops. Nothing. Which means we should go since it may very well be a good one. biggrin.gif
  • Yeah, I was thinking that I might really want to go to this concert. And I might be able to go to Indy to meet and carpool. But would we be able to come home after the concert? Cuz I was thinking, that's a lot of driving without a whole lot of sleep.
  • So, far it kinda looks like there are 4 of us who are definite maybe's. Would a hotel room be in order? I mean, my drive is considerably less than those coming from Indiana, but if it ends at 11pm, I really don't want to be on the road until 6 in the morning.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Aug 8 2008, 08:00 AM)
    So, far it kinda looks like there are 4 of us who are definite maybe's. Would a hotel room be in order? I mean, my drive is considerably less than those coming from Indiana, but if it ends at 11pm, I really don't want to be on the road until 6 in the morning.

I am definitely thinking very seriously about making the drive too. This is the kind of show I have been waiting for!!
    I would for sure want to stay overnight!
  • My mom says its a defanate yes for me, but the only way she will let me go is if im with T-Dog lol. So if the car isn't to full yet I can meet up with some of you guys.
  • QUOTE (Rebekker @ Aug 8 2008, 12:11 AM)
    Yeah, I was thinking that I might really want to go to this concert. And I might be able to go to Indy to meet and carpool. But would we be able to come home after the concert? Cuz I was thinking, that's a lot of driving without a whole lot of sleep.

If you are able to get to Indy, I can pick you up somewhere and then you, ATGNAT, and I could carpool. And whomever else (I can fit five).
  • yeah I could probably get there, and I could probably stay overnight too. How early do you guys think we would be able to leave in the morning, though? I wanna try and get home not too late so I can make it home to most of my sister's marching competition, but I don't want to make it inconvenient.
  • QUOTE (Rebekker @ Aug 8 2008, 05:39 PM)
    yeah I could probably get there, and I could probably stay overnight too. How early do you guys think we would be able to leave in the morning, though? I wanna try and get home not too late so I can make it home to most of my sister's marching competition, but I don't want to make it inconvenient.

I'm guessing all of us (whomever goes) will get a room and we can leave as early as you need to, I'm sure.
  • alrighty, and I'm sure it'll be fine if I'm a little late
  • I found a Super 8 Motel that's about 20 minutes from the college. The room is $65 a night. How many people are planning on staying the night if they go? And we should probably book the room soon-ish to make sure they don't run out. So far, there's a few rooms with 2 double beds, but the others just have one queen bed. And if we end up having like 5 people staying over, I don't mind sleeping on the floor or whatever, just so we don't have to spend the money for two rooms.
    http://www.hotels-iowa.us/hotel/?refid=212...;rs_hid=1265704

Or there is Heartland Inn, which is only about 6 minutes from the college. They have a room with 2 Queen Size beds for about $90 a night with free breakfast.
    http://www.hotels-iowa.us/hotel/?refid=212...;rs_hid=3292705

I'm sure there are a few more around that area, but those are two that I found.
  • QUOTE (Rebekker @ Aug 9 2008, 05:07 PM)
    I found a Super 8 Motel that's about 20 minutes from the college.

That sounds good. Anyone want to take up the opportunity of booking? And we need to know who is attending, so we can split the costs. smile.gif This is going to rock. And I still have two seats to spare in my car.
  • Awesome! I don't mind sleeping on the floor either. Anybody want some snacks for the car ride? Lol. My treat (no pun intended).

Oh and I have like abunch of burned Ok Go cd's that I was sopposed to hand out somewhere and never did. You think it would be a good idea to bring them and we can hand them out or no.