In this Discussion

Luther College

Comments

• It was so good to get to talk with them, and I was completely comfortable and not nervous or intimidated at all...in fact, just the opposite! I felt sharper and quicker than I had all night. I could have carried on an intelligent conversation if they'd had the time. A really positive experience!

The opening band was AWESOME too! "Company of Thieves" from Chicago. I talked with the guitar player and he was just amazingly nice!
  • Lori, were you able to get any pictures from the show or was the Gestapo present?
  • AGGH, no... I FORGOT MY EFFING CAMERA. I was pretty pissed about that. I even had it all ready to go and then forgot to throw it in my bag. I would have even bought a new one if there were a single goddamn store in Decorah. no offense Decorah people, your town is kinda quaint and cute but can't imagine there's much to do there except drink.

I thought about using my iphone camera, but it sucks so much that I figured why bother. What was even worse is that I was DIRECTLY in front of Tim, and could have gotten some damn amazing shots. I'm still kicking myself over that. It seemed like some people were able to take pics, and then I thought I saw someone get reprimanded for it, so I'm not sure what the policy was.

Luckily, everything else went well. The only other regret I have is not getting into town sooner for reasons only you boardies would understand tongue.gif and not engaging Tim in more conversation. I mean, I was really comfortable with them, but if I really think about it, I must not have been as lucid as I thught because now that I am looking back I did kind of freeze up and get quiet in front of tim. All I could do was say "thank you so much"

NEXT TIME I will be even more prepared. I'm just hoping that next time comes soon!

Oh yeah, I smuggled a bottle of Jeager in to the show and took some shots to chill out. I swear I'm not a drinker usually, but that was a special occasion.
  • QUOTE (bullshituous @ Sep 28 2008, 11:41 PM)
    Oh yeah, I smuggled a bottle of Jeager in to the show and took some shots to chill out. I swear I'm not a drinker usually, but that was a special occasion.

It's okay if you are, or aren't. People love drunk posts around here, I promise.
    And I'm glad you managed to keep your cool when you got to chat with them smile.gif It seems hard, but it usually works out for the best! And yes, there's always next time!
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Sep 29 2008, 06:51 AM)
    It's okay if you are, or aren't. People love drunk posts around here, I promise.
    And I'm glad you managed to keep your cool when you got to chat with them smile.gif It seems hard, but it usually works out for the best! And yes, there's always next time!

Yeah, I can't even imagine how annoyed I would be with myself had I not just gone for it. Honestly, I think the slight buzz I had from the booze had worn off by the time I met them. But you know, Damian did not intimidate me at all. In fact, he kind of brought me out in a way because I am chatty in kind of that same way that he is, and it was really comfortable. He just felt like on of those people that brings out the best in others and someone with whom it would be really easy to get in a very long intellectual discourse with!

This is why I have to thank Becky, because her post about going alone being a good way to go was so right on, and made me think twice about bringing someone. If I'd asked my friend to go again, she probably would have, and then I could never have waited around until midnight to meet the guys. I was so free to do exactly as I wanted and it was awesome.
    It was just me myself and I and it was great that way. so THANKS BECKY!! and thanks to all of you guys for your great advice.

• QUOTE (bullshituous @ Sep 29 2008, 03:48 PM)
    But you know, Damian did not intimidate me at all. In fact, he kind of brought me out in a way because I am chatty in kind of that same way that he is, and it was really comfortable. He just felt like on of those people that brings out the best in others and someone with whom it would be really easy to get in a very long intellectual discourse with!

Someday I'll be able to say this. Hopefully.
  • khgkjsfh
    *grumblegrumblegrumble*

<<< has been waiting for a next time since April '07. Is in SERIOUS withdrawal.

*grumblegrumblegrumble*

I'm mad jealous, bullshitous! Fer serious. I'm glad you got to talk to them and did okay with it. The one time I met them I totally froze up. Like, totally. But I'm glad you had fun!
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Sep 29 2008, 03:38 PM)
    Someday I'll be able to say this. Hopefully.

I'm confident that you will!
    I CERTAINLY thought that Damian would make my knees knock and turn me to a puddle of goo. But it was more Tim that did that to me.
    Damian just felt like a peer to me, someone who I could talk politics with! (Uh, well someone extremely HOT to talk politics with!! JESUS CHRISTING CHRIST he's hot -- but we all knew that already -- and I feel a bit sorry for his wife in a way because one would need to be MAJORLY secure in oneself to be married to someone THAT desirable and friendly and NOT be paranoid)
    Sadly, it was much too short.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Sep 29 2008, 07:15 PM)
    khgkjsfh
    *grumblegrumblegrumble*

*grumblegrumblegrumble*

I'm mad jealous, bullshitous! Fer serious. I'm glad you got to talk to them and did okay with it. The one time I met them I totally froze up. Like, totally. But I'm glad you had fun!

April '07 was the last time I saw them before this, too. Where did you see them?
    That;'s a goddamn long time, isn't it?

I suggest booze or prescription drugs such as Xanax for after show meetings! There's nothing better for a case of the freeze up's than a couple of tall cold ones.
  • lol, if I wasn't underage, I might take that suggestion up.
    As far as I'm concerned now, it's not really worth it.

I saw them at Colby College, which is up in Maine. My brother goes there, and it was the night before my birthday, so it was epicly perfect.

But yes, it is far too long.
    I saw them the night before my 17th birthday, and now I'm almost 18 and a half. that's ridiculous, it is.
  • QUOTE (bullshituous @ Sep 30 2008, 09:17 AM)
    (Uh, well someone extremely HOT to talk politics with!! JESUS CHRISTING CHRIST he's hot -- but we all knew that already -- and I feel a bit sorry for his wife in a way because one would need to be MAJORLY secure in oneself to be married to someone THAT desirable and friendly and NOT be paranoid)

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

So. True.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Sep 29 2008, 07:15 PM)
    khgkjsfh
    *grumblegrumblegrumble*

*grumblegrumblegrumble*

I've never met them. *hides in shame*

I feel like I'm missing something from my life. sad.gif
  • awww, you'll get the chance eventually! wub.gif
    seriously, they're very good about talking to fans after shows and stuff unless they have a real reason to be in a rush.
    So as long as they keep playing shows, (hopefully forever wink.gif ), you'll have a very good chance of meeting them smile.gif

• QUOTE (bullshituous @ Sep 29 2008, 02:48 PM)
    This is why I have to thank Becky, because her post about going alone being a good way to go was so right on, and made me think twice about bringing someone. If I'd asked my friend to go again, she probably would have, and then I could never have waited around until midnight to meet the guys. I was so free to do exactly as I wanted and it was awesome.
    It was just me myself and I and it was great that way. so THANKS BECKY!! and thanks to all of you guys for your great advice.

You are so, so very welcome!!!
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Sep 30 2008, 07:26 PM)
    awww, you'll get the chance eventually! wub.gif
    seriously, they're very good about talking to fans after shows and stuff unless they have a real reason to be in a rush.
    So as long as they keep playing shows, (hopefully forever wink.gif ), you'll have a very good chance of meeting them smile.gif

Thanks, Meg. smile.gif
  • my other suggestion? besides going alone? take someone who is just as ridiculously hardcore/in love as you are... those friends are hard to come by... most of them are scattered all over the world (wifey, pandy, susi, rachy, becky, etc. ETC!!!) but i'm soooo lucky to have my partner in crime sharing the same apartment as me smile.gif so unless you've got a friend who is willing to brave any sort of weather or evil security people, going alone is probably the best bet!!

if angie and i hadn't traveled to see them a few times, it would have been nearly a year since we'd seen them last (they came in april 07 and april 08). so... thank the LAWD for mid-western dates that are relatively close to Lansing
  • ^^^ I love that I'm "Rachy". biggrin.gif

Someday sissie-in-law I will take you to another show. Maybe in 20 days? Plz? biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif
  • lol i had to keep with the theme of ending names with an "eee" sound ; )
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Oct 1 2008, 09:02 AM)
    my other suggestion? besides going alone? take someone who is just as ridiculously hardcore/in love as you are... those friends are hard to come by... most of them are scattered all over the world (wifey, pandy, susi, rachy, becky, etc. ETC!!!) but i'm soooo lucky to have my partner in crime sharing the same apartment as me smile.gif so unless you've got a friend who is willing to brave any sort of weather or evil security people, going alone is probably the best bet!!

if angie and i hadn't traveled to see them a few times, it would have been nearly a year since we'd seen them last (they came in april 07 and april 08). so... thank the LAWD for mid-western dates that are relatively close to Lansing

Holla on the evil security people.

Was Grand Rapids really in April? It seems like it happened last week and at the same time, it feels like it happened an entire year ago. Thank goodness for mnemonic devices. Go "B"!