In this Discussion

Luther College

Comments

• Hey thanks guys. good ideas all around.
    I wonder if they will just fly out of town immediately afterward?
  • QUOTE (bullshituous @ Sep 21 2008, 02:50 PM)
    Hey thanks guys. good ideas all around.
    I wonder if they will just fly out of town immediately afterward?

I don't think they will. They'll probably stick around. Especially since it's at a college show. So, I think you'll have a pretty good chance of meeting them. Good luck!
  • QUOTE (Rebekker @ Sep 21 2008, 01:55 PM)
    I don't think they will. They'll probably stick around. Especially since it's at a college show. So, I think you'll have a pretty good chance of meeting them. Good luck!

thank you..i'm so nervous. maybe i'll have a few drinks before the show...no, maybe i'll just get sleepy if I drink. Maybe I'll ask my mom for some of her Xanax.
    I wonder if they will be staying overnight in decorah....hmmmmmmmmmmm......

wow, I really sound like a dork!! laugh.gif
  • no! not at all!!

Becky put it best, really. It's definitely nerve wracking, but the first time we met them, we spotted Dan and just had to jump at the opportunity to talk to him before everyone realized he came up BEHIND the giant group of people waiting.

You may stutter... I did. The first time I met Andy I said all of... 8 words? "Oh my God" and "Can I get a picture" I proceeded to repeat "Oh my God" after the picture was taken. I was MUCH more composed the next couple times biggrin.gif

They are SO easy to talk to, but they're all incredibly intelligent, it seems a little intimidating. Tim is always dressed AMAZINGLY so I find out complimenting his outfits usually works wink.gif Dan is the biggest sweetheart I've ever met... you'll have no problems talking to him. Damian is such a space cadet, he's everywhere, and usually does an impression of someone... I've heard him do his mom a few times wink.gif Andy... wow. I just. I can't even tell you. I love talking to him.

Basically, bullshitous... you can not, not not, lose smile.gif
  • What Katie said, LOL. I become an absolute 4 year old when in the presence of Damian, although I was able to curb it the last time and instead got a little ridiculous around Andy (I had presents for him and had psyched myself up a bit much, haha). Truly though, these guys are so incredibly gracious and kind to their fans. wub.gif
  • Yeah, the last time I talked to Damian I sounded like a total idiot. It was the first time I ever talked to him by myself and I just couldn't form complete sentences or make any kind of sense at all (partly because I was nervous, but I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that I had just traveled 7 hours on a bus and had almost no sleep). Usually my sister is with me and does most of the talking. But Damian is super nice and talks a lot, so as long as you can make it past, "Hi, my name is ______" you'll be fine.
  • thanks all!!

Just to be safe - I'm bringing the Xanax!!
    I'm all primed to have a nice political discussion about Reaganomics with Damian, fate permitting, but I'm sure it will not turn out well...I'm sure it will just turn in to a bunch of "yeah, totally" and stuttering.
  • QUOTE (bullshituous @ Sep 22 2008, 09:45 PM)
    I'm all primed to have a nice political discussion about Reaganomics with Damian, fate permitting

Lol, reminds me of when Damian started going on and on to me about why gold fillings are the best for you and I was thinking, "Dude, how do you even know about this stuff?" I just stared at him, surprised that he was going on like he was the dentist. When he finally caught up to the fact that he was the one doing all the dental talk he said playfully, "Ok, don't listen to her, she's a student." You have nothing to worry about, bullshituous. You're in for the time of your life.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Sep 23 2008, 01:33 AM)
    Lol, reminds me of when Damian started going on and on to me about why gold fillings are the best for you and I was thinking, "Dude, how do you even know about this stuff?" I just stared at him, surprised that he was going on like he was the dentist. When he finally caught up to the fact that he was the one doing all the dental talk he said playfully, "Ok, don't listen to her, she's a student." You have nothing to worry about, bullshituous. You're in for the time of your life.

laugh.gif

• WHO WANTS A CONCERT CALL??

• Dan was really easy to talk to the last time I went to a show, but I'm SO SCARED to talk to Damian and Tim.....
    my teeth are-a-chatterin' just thinking about it...

OK SO WHO WANTS A CONCERT CALL??
  • QUOTE (bullshituous @ Sep 24 2008, 09:53 PM)
    Dan was really easy to talk to the last time I went to a show, but I'm SO SCARED to talk to Damian and Tim.....

You'll be awesome. Tim and Damian are actually pretty cuddly, I promise. Me please? I'll PM you my number.
  • QUOTE (bullshituous @ Sep 25 2008, 12:53 AM)
    Dan was really easy to talk to the last time I went to a show, but I'm SO SCARED to talk to Damian and Tim.....

oh oh! Me please biggrin.gif I love concert calls so much! rolleyes.gif I feel greedy, though, I've gotten so many lately
    And have fun at the concert!!!! I wish I could've been there with you
  • of course I would love to call you guys so be on the lookout!

I'm still thinking about having some drinks, but since it's probably not wise to mix pills and booze, I should probably decide if it's gonna be Xanax or liquor that's gonna give me the courage to talk to them. wooohooo!

• QUOTE (bullshituous @ Sep 25 2008, 07:17 AM)
    I'm still thinking about having some drinks, but since it's probably not wise to mix pills and booze, I should probably decide if it's gonna be Xanax or liquor that's gonna give me the courage to talk to them. wooohooo!

Go with whichever will ply you but still keep your thoughts and memory sharp
  • Yeah that's what I'm gonna do.

Ok guys, so I have all your numbers in my phone now. So FYI, if you ever get a random call from a 917 number, it might be me because I am constantly making accidental calls on the iphone. it's SO easy to push buttons on that thing if you're not careful!

Show starts at 7 central so keep ya eyes on the tele for my call!

• QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Sep 23 2008, 01:33 AM)

HAHA! Damian... *giggles*

----------------------------------

For all you kiddos going tomorrow, have an exxxxxxcellent time!! Tell the boys we all love them!

Oh, and Bullshituous [who does not Bullshit, oh, us smile.gif], don't worry, I'm sure you'll do great [although I think I would be just as nervous as you]!
  • Have an amazing time!! I wish I could be there. I've been having OK Go withdrawals lately.
  • Thanks!

I jusr got back to the hotel from the show. It's 1 am here.
    I just wanted to let all of you guys know that I did NOT forget about the concert calls, but I had NO SERVICE on my phone the entire show!

I don't know if it's because this place is out in the middle of a cornfield, or because the show was in a school Gym (yeah! a gym!) but my phone wasn't able to do anything.
    I thought maybe it was because of the fact that it was in a gym, but it's not like we were way back buried in the building. the gym was near the doors of the building, so it was kind of annoying that I had no phone signal!

I'm super sorry, guys!

It was a great show, despite the 40 year old drunken douchebags who pushed their way up to the front and were screaming and falling into everyone around me. It was hot and muggy in there.
    Damian was on point as always. He talked about the debates and the fact that they were going to watch them after the show.
    I did get to say hi to them really briefly. A few of us waited about 2 hours after the show to see them. we caught them on the way out and they were kind of in a hurry. I didn't get to have my wished for discussion about Reaganomics with Damian, but I did get to say hi and he chatted a bit to the group of us about the debate.

Sooooo sorry guys! I really wanted to call all of you : (

• aww, it's ok. I completely understand. That sucks though, but I'm glad it was a good show and you got to talk to them for a little bit at least.