In this Discussion

The Great Midwest Boardie Meet-Up

edited November -1 in OK Go
What? The Great Midwest Boardie Meet-Up
Where? The Metro, Chicago
When? 6pm, Saturday, April 17, 2010
Why? Because

The boys are having a show in their hometown of Chicago and what better time/place/way to have a Boardie Meet-Up!

If you live in the Midwest and/or are willing to fly/drive/swim to Chicago, come to The Metro on Saturday, April 17th to meet other Boardies. You can finally place a face/name/voice to the username you see on the boards.

To my knowledge, there hasn't been a gathering of Boardies numbering greater than 5. Let's try to topple that piddly number and have some fun in the process. Not to mention attend a kick-ass concert with our favorite band.

So, whaddya say, you in?

Comments

If you live in the Midwest and/or are willing to fly/drive/swim to Chicago

don't forget unicycle... a fine method of transportation...

You can finally place a face/name/voice to the username you see on the boards.

good luck adding a voice to my username...

To my knowledge, there hasn't been a gathering of Boardies numbering greater than 5. Let's try to topple that piddly number and have some fun in the process.

not in recent years... in the olden days we definitely topped 5 many a time...
  • I am definitely going to try to be there!
  • what up, yo.
    i'll be there. : )
  • Man, I really wish I could go. sad.gif I just can't afford it, though.

Whoever does make it, be sure to take lots of pics to share with the rest of us! smile.gif
  • I wanna go! I wanna go! Wah!

Well, my birthday is a few days afterward, so I shall be there in spirit sending you all Temptastic well wishes for a fantastic boardie convention! tongue.gif
  • I can't help but feel responsible for all of this.
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Mar 15 2010, 10:09 PM)
    not in recent years... in the olden days we definitely topped 5 many a time...

Well, hopefully we'll start the trend again.

QUOTE (katieyellow @ Mar 15 2010, 11:10 PM)
    what up, yo.
    i'll be there. : )

Yay!

QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Mar 16 2010, 05:25 AM)
    Coming!

Woo-hoo!

QUOTE (DJRose @ Mar 16 2010, 08:32 AM)
    I can't help but feel responsible for all of this.

Responsible good or responsible bad? (Hint: responsible good wink.gif )

I'm so excited to be seeing everyone again! And perhaps a few new faces, too.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Mar 16 2010, 08:32 AM)
    I can't help but feel responsible for all of this.

geez rachel, stop trying to take credit for ok go's doing... tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Mar 16 2010, 11:34 AM)
    geez rachel, stop trying to take credit for ok go's doing... tongue.gif

You're right. This is OK Go's fault. They introduced all of us.

I'm remembering the day that Damian found out that Alice and I had become friends from across an Ocean due to them, and he was so happy he jumped up and punched the air. I think they're going to like this.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Mar 16 2010, 09:38 AM)
    You're right. This is OK Go's fault. They introduced all of us.

I'm remembering the day that Damian found out that Alice and I had become friends from across an Ocean due to them, and he was so happy he jumped up and punched the air. I think they're going to like this.

Waaah! I wanna go to! I wanna go to!
  • There's no way you can make it work, Tempe? No way at all?
  • Thanks to sureeyesawake I'm in too! I've never stepped out like this before so I'm a little nervous but a lot excited. I can't wait to meet you all.
  • According to my calculations, represented states thus far are: Delaware, Illinois (obvs), Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, and Virginia.

Not too shabby.

ETA And Missouri!
  • I feel your pain, Tempe. I looked up flights for almost an hour yesterday trying to figure out a way to make it work. But I'm still stuck having to just be there in spirit.

I sort of think those of us that can't go should send something to represent ourselves to someone who is going. Like...I don't know, a tie or something. tongue.gif Or like a sign. It wouldn't be like being there, really, but it'd be a really good representation of the number of people who wanted to be there. Does that make sense?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 16 2010, 08:11 AM)
    I wanna go! I wanna go! Wah!

Ditto + a little more wah.
  • I wanna go too!!! But it's too far to drive and I'm too broke to buy a plane ticket sad.gif. I think I need to have a fundraiser... car wash, lemonade stand?

QUOTE (KristaMichelle @ Mar 16 2010, 03:55 PM)
    I sort of think those of us that can't go should send something to represent ourselves to someone who is going. Like...I don't know, a tie or something. tongue.gif Or like a sign. It wouldn't be like being there, really, but it'd be a really good representation of the number of people who wanted to be there. Does that make sense?

Great idea.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Mar 15 2010, 09:43 PM)
    If you live in the Midwest and/or are willing to fly/drive/swim to Chicago, come to The Metro on Saturday, April 17th to meet other Boardies. You can finally place a face/name/voice to the username you see on the boards.

I represent the southern half of Indy (as well as the other half of a Jennifer!) and will be taking the train, thank you. wink.gif Funny: round-trip train ticket < half a car ride.

And what's all this about a Midwestern meetup? This is the TOILETDOG MEET'N'GREET with special guest Jamba Juice.

Becky, make sure you give me good directions to JJ from your house. Much too excited!
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Mar 16 2010, 12:09 PM)
    According to my calculations, represented states thus far are: Delaware, Illinois (obvs), Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, and Virginia.

Not too shabby.

And Missouri! I still haven't decided if I'm going to mega-bus it or drive down, but I'm buying my ticket now.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Mar 15 2010, 08:43 PM)
    So, whaddya say, you in?

A-HA! Cash Cab!!