In this Discussion

The Great Midwest Boardie Meet-Up

Comments

• Hey guys!  I'm finally back in a place where I can post!  Here are my photos: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2246650&id=8103912&l=86281656c3

• It was EPIC! I'm so happy that there are enablers in this group (you know who you are) because otherwise I would've missed out on one of the best days of my life! And let me just say that OK Go boardies are the most incredible people. Thank you ladies!

Darbie, I'm so sorry that we didn't see you before the show. Believe me, Becky has us all looking for you. And about the sign, everything happened so fast and I'm not sure if any of us were thinking straight (at least I wasn't). But looking at your photos you were so close to us! There's a blond guy to the left in your pictures, he was standing behind Rachel! But I'm glad that I got to meet you, albeit briefly!

YoDoofball, I love the edited photo!

Violet (Amber), great write up! I think I was the "woman" you were refering to because you took my picture with aross. Thanks, BTW!

There's just so much but for now I'll try to link my photos on Facebook. I was with Rachel, Jen, Amy, & Becky during the day so a lot of the pictures sort of repeat. But if you want to check them out...

Try this

(Hope the link works.)

• Snack_Cakes said: There's just so much but for now I'll try to link my photos on Facebook. I was with Rachel, Jen, Amy, & Becky during the day so a lot of the pictures sort of repeat. But if you want to check them out...

Try this

(Hope the link works.)

i had to log into facebook to see them, if you want them to be viewable to those who don't have facebook as well, when you look at your photo album, scroll down to that bottom of the page and it will say "share this album with anyone by sending them this public link" and grab that link... nice pics btw...

• Thanks Darbie!

Let me try this again here.

Did it work now???

• Snack_Cakes said:

Did it work now???

yes!..

• darbie_starpower said:
    Snack_Cakes said:

Did it work now???

yes!..

Yay!

• So when we were brought into the green room to see the boys, they were so excited to see us that they took photos with their iPhones.  One of those photos made its way to me.

• DJRose said:

So when we were brought into the green room to see the boys, they were so excited to see us that they took photos with their iPhones.  One of those photos made its way to me.

Now THAT is a group of very intelligent women, obviously! Smile I so wish I could have been with you.

• DJRose said:

So when we were brought into the green room to see the boys, they were so excited to see us that they took photos with their iPhones.  One of those photos made its way to me.

thats so wickedly cool that the boardies have a strong bond with the guys...i'm jealous :P

i wish i could organise something like that...but i'm not good at organisation haha

and plus i dont know how big the UK-OK Go fanbase is here

• violetchaos364 said:

Okay, now that I can think a bit more clearly... I just posted my write up of the first bit of the night. WAY to long for the message board, so here's the link to my LJ, should you be interested. There are three entries, the link is for the first.

Please let me apologize in advance for any wrong names, false impressions and down right "wtf was she thinking"-ness.

http://violetchaos-364.livejou.....70226.html

I loved your write up! Thanks for posting!

• Violet (Amber), great write up! I think I was the "woman" you were refering to because you took my picture with aross. Thanks, BTW!

And thank you for the compliment re: the write up!

Debbie, yeah? Please confirm and I'll update/edit my write up. I really hoped I didn't barge in on you and aross!

• violetchaos364 said:

Violet (Amber), great write up! I think I was the "woman" you were refering to because you took my picture with aross. Thanks, BTW!

And thank you for the compliment re: the write up!

Debbie, yeah? Please confirm and I'll update/edit my write up. I really hoped I didn't barge in on you and aross!

Yes, I'm Debbie.

Hahaha! No, of course you didn't barge in on us. I love how you wrote, "He was more intently talking to someone." I don't know about "intently" but I was asking him if we were going to see the infamous "orange" suit (I'll let Becky share the details on this one). 

• YoDoofball! said:

Btw, THANKS, Becky for my new avatar pic!! :D

Hahaha I did the same exact thing on Facebook.  I'm glad we share the same sign lol.

• YoDoofball! said:

Hahaha I did the same exact thing on Facebook.  I'm glad we share the same sign lol.

• Snack_Cakes said:

Yes, I'm Debbie.

Hahaha! No, of course you didn't barge in on us. I love how you wrote, "He was more intently talking to someone." I don't know about "intently" but I was asking him if we were going to see the infamous "orange" suit (I'll let Becky share the details on this one). 

Yeah, the orange suit. If you notice in the majority of my pics of aross, he looks like he's wearing an orange suit. When I talked to him in Milwaukee I called him a safety cone. His reply, "I don't get it." Then I said it was because his suit is orange and he said that it's red.

So, Saturday, while we were walking around Downtown, I mentioned the above story. So, I figured I could come up with a better name, like Dreamsicle. And well, it stuck. So, after the show on Saturday I told aross that he had been upgraded from safety cone to Dreamsicle. He stated he liked that name better, but his suit is red. Then we had the following convo:

"It's orange."

"No, it's red."

"It looks orange on stage and in the floodlights."

"It's red. Do I need to get it off the bus and show it to you? Nevermind, I'm too lazy to get it off the bus. Just believe me when I say it's red."

So, after that, he charged me with coming up with a new name that had "red" in it. He gave me until tomorrow night to figure something out. I will not reveal the two choices I came up with here as he might be spying. Let's just say, he might get a bag of himself.

I promise to eventually get to a real write-up sometime before Sunday. It will include my sneakiness for the surprise of a lifetime.

Also, Nance, you're more than welcome. You got some mad photoshop skillz.

AND! It would appear that each guy got the right Boardie sign. Since I wasn't looking at the names on the sheets I was handing to the guys as we HAD to leave like in 2 seconds, it is pure luck that they got the ones they got. Also, I didn't hand aross that paper as it didn't have any Boardies' names on it. He's a smart one, that aross.

• Ah! I'm sorry, I completely missed out on this whole ordeal! But I just want to say, oh my goodness, you guys looked like you all had a blast!! I even got excited for you guys! haha  :)

• beckysioux said:

Then we had the following convo:

"It's orange."

"No, it's red."

"It's red. Do I need to get it off the bus and show it to you? Nevermind, I'm too lazy to get it off the bus. Just believe me when I say it's red."

The moment I realized that it was truly red was when he said (just after the bus statement) that he wore the pants in the WTF? video.

Both of my conversations with him that night were over the color of his suit. I can't believe we argued with him over the color of his own clothes. Me idiot.Embarassed At least he won't remember me next time I meet him.

• beckysioux said:
    Snack_Cakes said:

Yes, I'm Debbie.

Yeah, the orange suit. If you notice in the majority of my pics of aross, he looks like he's wearing an orange suit. When I talked to him in Milwaukee I called him a safety cone. His reply, "I don't get it." Then I said it was because his suit is orange and he said that it's red.

So, Saturday, while we were walking around Downtown, I mentioned the above story. So, I figured I could come up with a better name, like Dreamsicle. And well, it stuck. So, after the show on Saturday I told aross that he had been upgraded from safety cone to Dreamsicle. He stated he liked that name better, but his suit is red. Then we had the following convo:

"It's orange."

"No, it's red."

So, after that, he charged me with coming up with a new name that had "red" in it. He gave me until tomorrow night to figure something out. I will not reveal the two choices I came up with here as he might be spying. Let's just say, he might get a bag of himself.

I promise to eventually get to a real write-up sometime before Sunday. It will include my sneakiness for the surprise of a lifetime.

Also, Nance, you're more than welcome. You got some mad photoshop skillz.

AND! It would appear that each guy got the right Boardie sign. Since I wasn't looking at the names on the sheets I was handing to the guys as we HAD to leave like in 2 seconds, it is pure luck that they got the ones they got. Also, I didn't hand aross that paper as it didn't have any Boardies' names on it. He's a smart one, that aross.

I mentioned to him tonight that it still looked orange to me and he actually did go get it off the bus. It's an orangish red, but it really is red.

On an unrelated note I asked Damian about the thumb drives, and they're going to start doing them at the Wednesday show. I'm sad that they didn't record this show, I would've liked to have Damian talking about SixDix immortalized on a thumb drive. 
  • samanferr! said:
    YoDoofball! said:

We were on the right color sign held by the right person. Oh, fate is so great. 

• YoDoofball! said:

We were on the right color sign held by the right person. Oh, fate is so great. 

High Five! lol

. . .and USBs!  YESSSSSSSS!  I dont know why I'm so ecstatic for these.  I just NEED them.