In this Discussion

The Great Midwest Boardie Meet-Up

Comments

• omg. reppin those not present.  If I should be unable to go, please rep us!
  • violetchaos364 said:

Uh, hi! >shyly waves<

I'm new to OK Go fandom, as in, only since Weird Al tweeted the link to the first "This Too Shall Pass" video. Fell in love. Instantly. Every video and creative efforts and songs I see and hear by the guys just make me fall more in love. I live by Chicago and looking through the boards has convinced me to go to this concert!

Hey Violet, welcome!  We'll see you at the show then. We're nice people, don't worry. Laugh

I love the repping idea, but what do you guys want to do?

• Welcome, violet! As a word nerd, you should feel right at home here. :) Yay for new boardies!
  • Re: Representation thing-a-ma-jigs.

Anyone have any ideas yet on what you'd like to have as your representation? I'm thinking as long as it's small enough to fit in a purse, it should be fine.
  • Double post, but whatevs.

All right, current tally of states represented: Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, Ohio, and Virginia.

So, anyone on the cusp of making a decision if they wanna come to the meet-up or not? I say, "Go for it!"

• beckysioux said:

Re: Representation thing-a-ma-jigs.

Anyone have any ideas yet on what you'd like to have as your representation? I'm thinking as long as it's small enough to fit in a purse, it should be fine.

Perhaps pictures of what we would've worn to the concert? Or….colorful socks. Or ties. Or brooches (minus the roaches :P  ). Popsicle stick characters?

Are we counting people who can't go and just want to be repped in the state tally? If so, add Nevada/Oregon to the list! :D  I figure I count for both since technically I "live" in Nevada, but I'm in Oregon for school.

• The state tally only includes people coming to the Meet-Up at this point because we don't have any "Representative Stuffs". At least I don't have anything from someone wanting to be repped.

I guess people need to figure out what they want to make and who to send it to so that the "Representative Stuffs" make it to the Meet-Up and reps you and your state.

• beckysioux said:

All right, current tally of states represented: Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, Ohio, and Virginia.

So, anyone on the cusp of making a decision if they wanna come to the meet-up or not? I say, "Go for it!"

Pretty impressive! Sam, are you coming?

Hello Violet. Welcome!

It seems like "Representative Stuffs" should include the boardies screen name. I don't have an idea of what the item/s could be though. Sorry.

• Thx for all the welcomes! Real name is Amber, so nice to meetcha! I go by violetchaos on the interwebz.

Yes, definitely a word nerd. I even wrote an "Lexiambicon" on my LiveJournal so people would know what the heck I'm talking about. (Oh, sweet, there's a spell check on this thing!)

• Pretty impressive! Sam, are you coming?

omg girl. i'm attempting to scrape funds together bc I'm dyyyyyying to go.  I"ll let you know in like, um a week?  I'm reaaaaaaaaaaaaally tryin. I'd LOVE to go, and rep NYC, but I'm really unsure. :( This is killin me!

• violetchaos364 said:

Thx for all the welcomes! Real name is Amber, so nice to meetcha! I go by violetchaos on the interwebz.

Yes, definitely a word nerd. I even wrote an "Lexiambicon" on my LiveJournal so people would know what the heck I'm talking about. (Oh, sweet, there's a spell check on this thing!)

ps: I am also ultra word nerd! Nice to meet ya!

• samanferr said:
    Pretty impressive! Sam, are you coming?

omg girl. i'm attempting to scrape funds together bc I'm dyyyyyying to go.  I"ll let you know in like, um a week?  I'm reaaaaaaaaaaaaally tryin. I'd LOVE to go, and rep NYC, but I'm really unsure. :( This is killin me!

I totally understand about the lack of funds. I didn't think I was going to be able to pull the trip off either (hooray for tax refunds).

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

• Wow, nine states really is super-impressive! 

• I can complicate things. If I'm one of those who'd like to add to being there in spirit, then New Jersey, Arizona, and Mississippi can represent on the unofficial list.

• Hey kids, we're two weeks away from The Great Midwest Boardie Meet-Up!
  • THANK G-D. I need something to look forward to! Laugh
  • Just realized the US premier of the new Doctor Who is on the 17th as well. Fandoms! Colliding! AH, that's what DVRs are for!

• violetchaos364 said:

Just realized the US premier of the new Doctor Who is on the 17th as well. Fandoms! Colliding! AH, that's what DVRs are for!

Oh Amber, you and I are going to get along.  I too am mildly bummed about the fact that I'll miss the US premiere of Matt Smith as the New Doctor. 

• Team Give Matt Smith a Chance? =D

Heck, Damian for Twelve!

• violetchaos364 said:

Team Give Matt Smith a Chance? =D

Heck, Damian for Twelve!

Yes and YES.