In this Discussion

This Too Shall Pass Vids

edited November -1 in OK Go
Just got the first of two amazing vids in the Email from the boys

http://www.youtube.com/OkGo
^^
CLICKS IT

Comments

• oh god im so out of date already, apprently its been up 3 days already?

oh god, im not cool anymore..
  • Dear Ok Go, Dear Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Dear Board Members, anyone whos knows why the heck I cannot watch this videos? Any idea why Germany wants to keep me from watching Marching Band videos?? It says I cannot watch it in my country cause it's EMI content. (The same reason many other videos were blocked before... )
    Do I really have to leave this country for a music video?? ^^ Ok no, I mean it, DO I?

sad.gif

Can anyone else maybe tell if they're not seeing it? (uh cool, first time I realized I also use the nonsexist third person singular 'they'! whooo... ahem, sorry, ...)
  • I hope you can find a way to watch it, Mayonaise. It is my favorite yet. But I am a big band geek. Well, ex band geek since I'm not currently in a band.
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jan 11 2010, 09:29 PM)
    oh god im so out of date already, apprently its been up 3 days already?

oh god, im not cool anymore..

It hasn't been up that long hon. I'll bet they added it 3 days ago and kept it private until they were ready to unleash it. That way they could make sure there weren't any unforseen delays without time to fix them.

Susi, like I said on FB, the business with EMI blocking the video is total bullshit. I'll bet Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore gets it up on Vimeo soon, though, and you can see it.

Oh, and Sunny? Once a band geek, always a band geek. wink.gif
  • By far my favorite video of all time. I'm sorry I'm just a little partial to marching and especially drum line. We always wanted a marching xylophone so when I sent the link to ALL of my friends I simply said "2words. Marching Xylophone". I love these boys!
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Jan 12 2010, 08:28 AM)
    Dear Ok Go, Dear Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Dear Board Members, anyone whos knows why the heck I cannot watch this videos? Any idea why Germany wants to keep me from watching Marching Band videos?? It says I cannot watch it in my country cause it's EMI content. (The same reason many other videos were blocked before... )
    Do I really have to leave this country for a music video?? ^^ Ok no, I mean it, DO I?

sad.gif

Can anyone else maybe tell if they're not seeing it? (uh cool, first time I realized I also use the nonsexist third person singular 'they'! whooo... ahem, sorry, ...)

I was looking for the video without EMI blocking for 20 min.

Here:
    http://www.myvideo.de/watch/7228322/OK_Go_..._Too_Shall_Pass

Das müsstest du dir nun anschauen können.

I just love that video! I hope the second video of 'This Too Shall Pass' is as good as the first one.
    I'm very curious about wathcing the 2nd vid smile.gif
  • Umm, I think I missed the part in the Bible where they said Jesus hates Marching Bands and Forgiveness.
  • lolololololololololololol.
    lolololololol.
    lolol.

K, I think I'm done now. But that is kind of brilliant.

I'm sad that they disabled embedding, I wanted to post it to my tumblr and force my friends to watch. Oh well.
  • I emailed the link to all of my facebook contacts that I knew wouldn't watch it otherwise. When I got up this morning it had 302 views. Tonight it has 32,000 views. I wonder what the record is for one day.
  • QUOTE (PinkMuffin @ Jan 12 2010, 07:42 PM)
    I was looking for the video without EMI blocking for 20 min.

Here:
    http://www.myvideo.de/watch/7228322/OK_Go_..._Too_Shall_Pass

Das müsstest du dir nun anschauen können.

I just love that video! I hope the second video of 'This Too Shall Pass' is as good as the first one.
    I'm very curious about wathcing the 2nd vid smile.gif

you are my favourite person today. you and OK Go ... smile.gif
  • Ahh, a response to our Geoblocking discussion!

http://newteevee.com/2010/01/12/whose-faul...nt-going-viral/

The writer of this blog is incapable of understanding a joke, and I came to the guys' defense as best I could. I wasn't going to post it here at all because I didn't want to start any thing over on the other blog (and I firmly believe that an army of fans is only going to weaken our argument). However, I guess Damian found the post on his own, and posted the following response, emphasis mine:

Hi folks, a word of clarification (I’m the singer for OK Go). The apology video is a joke (clearly not a very good one, since it seems to have been taken seriously), and was posted as an announcement of the premier of the TTSP marching band video. Youtube representatives asked if we could give them a video ‘drop’ that would let people know that the video’s world premier was on YouTube, and we thought it boring to give a straight ahead tag and made this absurdist breakup sketch instead. The video was made a week prior to the release of the marching band video and is not a response to its performance.

As for the issue of geoblocking, we’re incredibly upset that the youtube versions of our videos can’t be embedded. Just one more example of major labels accelerating their own demise. We (and every individual band out there) have exactly zero leverage in this particular battle, however. So we post to other sites as well. The TTSP video will be on vimeo today. This kind of fragmentation means we’ll probably never see the likes of 50 million hits on a single posting ever again, but who cares? Perhaps it’s your passion to sit here and count the numbers, but ours is to make things that we’re proud of. And the TTSP video is great. (As is the song, in my admittedly prejudiced opinion).

• Watching this video is my new hobby. I always laugh when I watch it but sometimes I find myself crying from it too. I think I'm losing it!
  • Here's the link to it on vimeo- http://www.vimeo.com/8718627
    Which is viewable in all countries and embeddable as well smile.gif
  • The video is now up on vimeo as well, embeddable and nongeoblocked....

http://www.vimeo.com/8718627

yeahhhhhhhh
  • umm... idk if this actually goes here... either way, SCORE!

from myspace:
  • ref. the pic in Tapegrl's post above: Tim gets to play the REAL Rockenspiel!

I'm always impressed by the glockenspiel players, because if anyone else in a marching band makes a mistake, they can kind of hide in all the other instruments' sounds, but you KNOW if the glockenspiel player messes up. There's no way to hide the sound of that instrument, even in a full marching band.
  • Video is beyond awesome. Looks very much like the audio is recorded live in addition to it being one shot taken from a crane. Anyone know if this is correct?

I guess a making-of is almost obligatory for this. I seem to remember a teaser photo or two including the crane appearing at some point. Anyone know where that is?
  • There's some footage in the local TV news story about it. Becky posted the link in her post here.
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Jan 15 2010, 03:13 AM)
    There's some footage in the local TV news story about it. Becky posted the link in her post here.

Ooh, thanks... the tv interview seems to be down but a few posts on is what I'm looking for, Brian L. Perkins' Flickr set from the production. He also promises more soon!