In this Discussion

Favorite OKGO Song

Comments

• Crap. I wish I could pick, like, 8....
    Return is just so dreamy.... sleep.gif
  • I needed to vote about 12 times myself, but I had to choose "You're So Damn Hot" cuz it brought me through a rough breakup and was my ultimate bitter song........
  • QUOTE (sally simpson @ May 4 2005, 01:55 AM)
    If someone could PLEASE tell us something about this T's song that you guys speak of, I would be a lot less annoyed.

I'm also curious about it....if anyone has a copy of it I would be grateful if they could add it to Seifer's e-mail account in the live songs thread, cause it looks like lots of people here would like to hear it.
  • I'm not sure why, as it used to be one of my least faves on the album, but The Fix Is In has become my favourite. I used to like Don't Ask Me and 1000 Miles an Hour. Get Over It is still an absolute classic, just the opening drum and clap and the riff kicking in! cool.gif

This Will Be Our year is an awesome cover
  • hey, im new on here.

Anyways, tough choice. I guess my vote goes The Fix Is In.

I have never heard any of the last three songs. Is anyone willing to tell me wher I might hear them?
  • ummm
    This Will Be Our Year is a Zombies cover... it's on a cd compliation called The Future Soundtrack For America. Don't download it because it's really worth buying... the rest of the cd is pretty good. Has folks like Jimmy Eat World, Death Cab, Blink182, Ben Kweller, Bright Eyes, REM, Yeah yeah yeahs, flaming lips, elliott Smith. Very good lineup. Proceeds go to some organization that gets people to vote. Good stuff.
    The other two... i know that Tough to Have A Crush... that can be found on the discs they sell at the show. Theyre pretty good. Antmusic i believe is on the B-side of something. Not sure about that.
  • Ant music is a B side off of Get Over It methinks........
  • antmusic is on an extra song on the japanese import (?) check the merch section on the okgo website
  • Where did Women and Men come from? It is an ok go song aint it like cos i found it on limewire or something aaaages ago and ivehad my doubts but it sounds a hell of a lot like them, doesn't appear to be on any singles though?
  • BLAH!!!!!!!!MAKING ME PICK JUST ONE SONG *weeps*
    but i must say "medicore people do exceptional things all the time" would have to be one of my favourite lines EVER!
    w00t!
  • women and men is just a live thing they do kinda like the "les mis" stuff they do when string break but i dont think its released......but i could be wrong
  • it's DYMNZ [hey old boardies.. that's right right?]
    it's tim's and damian's alter ego rap group.

but yeah. they only do it at shows.
    although i've always believed they should release it for realz.
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Jun 3 2005, 03:21 AM)
    it's DYMNZ [hey old boardies.. that's right right?]
    it's tim's and damian's alter ego rap group.

but yeah. they only do it at shows.
    although i've always believed they should release it for realz.

Imagine the music video for that? tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (RoRo @ Jun 3 2005, 04:58 AM)
    Imagine the music video for that? tongue.gif

they should dress up like the pepole they talk about in the song.
    i would love that video.
  • Hopefully they will join G-G-G-G-G Unit! Then Ok and 50 Cent can bust out some rhymes!
  • QUOTE (Revolver @ Jun 3 2005, 05:09 PM)
    Hopefully they will join G-G-G-G-G Unit! Then Ok and 50 Cent can bust out some rhymes!

"50 cent ... it's a metaphore for change!"
    I cannot believe he actually said that *shakes head*
  • I was being sarcastic... 50 Cent is a complete numpty.

If Ok Go teamed up with G Unit i'd eat my own mum

Has anyone else heard the alternative verison of What To Do? Cos the one i have on the album is fairly rocky and that but, and i must confess, when i originally downloaded the album the What to Do was slightly more mellow and sounded cool as ya like! Was this a demo version does anyone know?
  • its on a b side or somethin the one with the trumpets and stuff right?

ya i think you can buy it at the merch section
  • nah, i wont be doing that.. They have enough of my hard earnt cash already and what did i get for it? A few cds and a poster, not bad actually
  • QUOTE (OK Matt @ May 11 2005, 02:39 PM)
    I'm also curious about it....if anyone has a copy of it I would be grateful if they could add it to Seifer's e-mail account in the live songs thread, cause it looks like lots of people here would like to hear it.

I have a copy of it (T's Song)...I got it on a demo cd that I bought from someone on eBay a long time ago called "Appendices"...it has 18 tracks on it...everything from very early versions of songs to covers to originals (like T's Song) that were never officially released. I could email them to Seifer's Yahoo account...I just wasn't sure if it would be appropriate???

Susan

p.s. I also have a "Six Song Demo" that actually has Damian's contact info (including a phone number!)...I could post that, too (the songs, not the phone number!)...but I just wasn't sure if that was kosher either...

p.p.s. I'm not trying to flaunt what I have...I would be happy to share, but Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore specifically asked that we limit sharing to live material...and this isn't...hmmm...maybe I just answered my own question...