In this Discussion

Name That Tune

Comments

• QUOTE (w00t @ Oct 16 2005, 10:42 AM)
    5. He took of all their clothes for them, He put a cloth on their lips, Quiet hands, quiet kiss, On the mouth

Sufjan Stevens - John Wayne Gacy Jr.

(took me a while to figure it out but i knew i knew it!)

1. walked me up a story asking how you are told me not to worry you were just a shooting star.
    2.the day that I die will be the day I shut my mouth and put down my guitar.
    3.This world is a waterslide away from me that takes you
    further everyday.
    4. It took its time a-working into my soul, I got to believe it come from rock and roll
    5. And now we meet in an abandoned studio. We hear the playback and it seems so long ago, and you remember the jingles used to go.
    6. I'm forever blowing bubbles, pretty bubbles in the air
    7. Bottled up and coming down. Binge and purge and yet you never miss a meal
    8. shouldn't have looked back and i'll always regret it, something's goin on and i'll probably never get it.
    9. be a star and fall down somewhere next to me, and make it past your colour tv.
    10. But you're waiting at the door where everybody's hanging out just like they hung out before
  • QUOTE (76 @ Oct 16 2005, 05:05 PM)
    10. But you're waiting at the door where everybody's hanging out just like they hung out before

Hot Hot Heat- Middle Of Nowhere

1. walked me up a story asking how you are told me not to worry you were just a shooting star.
    further everyday.
    4. It took its time a-working into my soul, I got to believe it come from rock and roll
    5. And now we meet in an abandoned studio. We hear the playback and it seems so long ago, and you remember the jingles used to go.
    8. shouldn't have looked back and i'll always regret it, something's goin on and i'll probably never get it.
    9. be a star and fall down somewhere next to me, and make it past your colour tv.
    10. here we are at the transmission party, i love your friends, they're oh so arty.
  • 1. walked me up a story asking how you are told me not to worry you were just a shooting star. - Elliott Smith - Sweet Adeline

1.So goodbye to you and your life, Your new best friends, Your confidence, And I'll be here when you get home..

3.This world is a waterslide away from me that takes you further everyday.

10. here we are at the transmission party, i love your friends, they're oh so arty.
  • QUOTE (OK Matt @ Oct 16 2005, 04:09 PM)

Franz Ferdinand - Do you want to - love that song!

1. So goodbye to you and your life, Your new best friends, Your confidence, And I'll be here when you get home..
    further everyday.
    10. And there is nothing I can do, when I realise with fright, that the spiderman is having me for dinner tonight!
  • "So goodbye to you and your life, Your new best friends, Your confidence, And I'll be here when you get home.. " funeral for a friend-streetcar. i love that band

1. I sit, in my desolate room, no lights, no music, Just anger, I've killed everyone,I'm away forever, but I'm feeling better.
    further everyday.
    10. And there is nothing I can do, when I realise with fright, that the spiderman is having me for dinner tonight!
  • I KNOW ONE!!! woo haha

I can't believe no one else beat me to this:

= (oh ah oh) "Video Killed the Radio Star" by The Buggles

1. I sit, in my desolate room, no lights, no music, Just anger, I've killed everyone,I'm away forever, but I'm feeling better.
    further everyday.
    5. Like shooting stars we shine and then we fade, breaking the promises we made.
  • i think i forgot what band myne was from.. ill remember in a few hours.
  • You could always to a lyrics search online....I forgot which song my lyrics came from and did that to remember.
  • nah ill remember. i just gotta play one of the 6 songs ivelisten to today
  • man, i suck at 'name that tune' without being able to actually hear the tune. i'm not so good at recognizing songs by lyrics alone...bah!
  • when i listen to music i put about 75% of my listening to the words and the last 25 % to the music.
    i care more about lyrics than the actual music, but the lyrics wouldnt be the same without the music. im cmplicated.
  • QUOTE (GirlInTheDark @ Oct 16 2005, 02:14 PM)
    when i listen to music i put about 75% of my listening to the words and the last 25 % to the music.
    i care more about lyrics than the actual music, but the lyrics wouldnt be the same without the music. im cmplicated.
    that's cool that you can do that. i usually see if i like the sound and/or vocals first and then i might pay attention to lyrics...
  • QUOTE (shades of blue @ Oct 16 2005, 02:26 PM)
    that's cool that you can do that.  i usually see if i like the sound and/or vocals first and then i might pay attention to lyrics...

same. I think vocals are the most important thing to me, than the music, then the lyrics; though if a band has really good lyrics, I'll listen to them even if they aren't something I'd normally like.
  • yay i know one

#5 - CAUTERIZE - shooting stars

further everyday.
    5. I have never cried in anybody's arms the way that i have often cried in yours.

[/quote]
  • yay, someone else who listens to Cauterize! Could I love you any more RoRo? smile.gif
  • 2 = Sublime - Same In The End...i think...

2. But I just found someone special, And that's really something special

further everyday.

5. I have never cried in anybody's arms the way that i have often cried in yours.

• 10. And there is nothing I can do, when I realise with fright, that the spiderman is having me for dinner tonight!..the cure-lullaby
    i love them!

further everyday.

10. Saw heaven and hell were lies.When I'm god everyone dies.Scar! Scar!can you feel my power?Shoot here and the world gets smaller!
  • QUOTE (GirlInTheDark @ Oct 16 2005, 02:46 PM)

SPOON!!!!!!!!!!! (The Beast and Dragon Adored!!)

further everyday.
    4. I'm kind of tired cause you wouldn't let me sleep last night. I'm a reasonable man, but I can't believe what's on your mind.
    10. Saw heaven and hell were lies.When I'm god everyone dies.Scar! Scar!can you feel my power?Shoot here and the
  • #2 gavin degraw- (nice to meet you) anyway

2. With a noose she could hang from the sun and put it out with her dark sunglasses
    further everyday.
    4. I'm kind of tired cause you wouldn't let me sleep last night. I'm a reasonable man, but I can't believe what's on your mind.
    10. Saw heaven and hell were lies.When I'm god everyone dies.Scar! Scar!can you feel my power?Shoot here and the world gets smaller!
  • 10 = Manson Marilyn - The Reflecting God... i think

2. With a noose she could hang from the sun and put it out with her dark sunglasses

further everyday.

10.I walked right over, Said hi, how ya doing? You smiled at me,