In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• darbie might....she was talking about making a dress based on one that she wanted but couldn't afford...it might be a couple pages back in this thread now...
  • eh, i'm not so sure how to go about drafting your own patern and making something from it... i usually just trace pre-existing clothes i like the fit of, and make something new of it...
  • That's cool. But I design stuff. Like sometimes I just start drawing and a dress or a school outfit appears on the paper. The only problems are that I don't sew that well, and I can't make patterns. But I have a team consisting of a friend and her mother who are really good at making patterns and sewing. I just can't find the material. Nobody makes lace anymore.
  • That's cool. But I design stuff. Like sometimes I just start drawing and a dress or a school outfit appears on the paper. The only problems are that I don't sew that well, and I can't make patterns. But I have a team consisting of a friend and her mother who are really good at making patterns and sewing. I just can't find the material. Nobody makes lace anymore. But hey, good luck with that dress. It's cute. For the extra material, might I suggest a turtleneck sweater with 3/4 length sleeves, but no chest on it. Literally just the collar to hold the sleeves in place. That way, you could have something to put on your arms if you were cold, you could still wear a necklace, and you wouldn't hide the dress at all. It shouldn't be too dificult to make either. Bon Chance!

Oops. I kinda repeated half my response.
  • i make lace.
  • QUOTE (shades of blue @ Dec 7 2005, 04:20 AM)
    I saw this in a comic link that pandy had posted in another thread:

this comic is extramly funny when uve had less then 3 hours of sleep
  • ....or more than three beers.
  • Really? You make lace, Dave? Please don't screw with my head right now. I'm desperate for lace. Not that I use it all the time, but I need some for this dress I'm making. What kind of lace do you make?
  • QUOTE (cadillac64 @ Dec 7 2005, 08:37 PM)
    I'm desperate for lace.

http://www.joann.com/catalog.jhtml?CATID=96035&PRODID=100212
  • I like the orange lace
  • i hear in candy land shoe laces are tastey
  • After school I went out to dinner with my mom and sisters, and while I was waiting for my food to come my 15 year old sister and I went to the game room in the back to play pool.

I got a huge sliver from the pool stick I was using. I think is was half an inch long. Ouch. sad.gif

I believe those pool sticks are as old as I am. And I remember my parents using them when I was little when we all went to the Cadillac House (restaurant). Fun times.
  • slivers = evil

Oh my Gosh!!! I'm something else!!!!!! I feel so privledged.
  • My thumb feels better because there is a Dora the Explorer band-aid on it. biggrin.gif
  • i made this my avatar at tkn, wanted to use it here too, but it's too big sad.gif but i had to, at the very least, show it off:

• QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Dec 8 2005, 09:20 PM)
    i made this my avatar at tkn, wanted to use it here too, but it's too big  sad.gif  but i had to, at the very least, show it off:

OH MY... I didn't watch conan last night cause I was too tired. Is that what he did??? Sleep you are a fickle mistress.
  • Darbie you know that you're my hero, but I'm saying it again.

Darbie'e my hero! biggrin.gif
  • And I remember my parents using them when I was little when we all went to the Cadillac House (restaurant). Fun times.

[/quote]

There's a Cadillac House? I love cadillacs! Where is this place? I want to go there. Was the food good? The atmosphere (besides the splinter, of course)?
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Dec 8 2005, 08:24 PM)
    OH MY... I didn't watch conan last night cause I was too tired. Is that what he did??? Sleep you are a fickle mistress.

hehe, yeah, he sang have yourself a merry little christmas with chris martin...