In this Discussion

Mr. and Mrs. Damian Kulash--yep, it's true!

Comments

• ^which is...?
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Jun 20 2006, 11:26 PM)
    Wait a second, I think I met you. Were you one of the very last people to talk to Damian? Do you have glasses?
    http://www.stupidcollege.com/items/Girl-Bu...psi-Mentos-Myth

I just saw this. No, I don't have glasses; however, I am pretty sure I recognized you the other night. Yes, we were waiting around for a very long time to get an autograph. You did comment that you liked my husband's glasses... (check out his awesome band at www.myspace.com/managerschoice--I promise you'll like it!)

Which also reveals the fact that I am much, much older than most of you which is kind of embarrassing. I've been and graduated from college three times already...argh. Keeping up with OKGO keeps me young, sort of.

QUOTE (Penelope @ Jun 22 2006, 02:14 AM)
    I just saw this. No, I don't have glasses; however, I am pretty sure I recognized you the other night. Yes, we were waiting around for a very long time to get an autograph. You did comment that you liked my husband's glasses... (check out his awesome band at www.myspace.com/managerschoice--I promise you'll like it!)

Which also reveals the fact that I am much, much older than most of you which is kind of embarrassing. I've been and graduated from college three times already...argh. Keeping up with OKGO keeps me young, sort of.

By the way, what is UP with them cancelling those three shows??? I feel sorry for those fans but hope everything is OK.
  • Yeah, I was a little concerned at first, but since they tried so hard to get around it, I'm just going to tell myself it's all good.
  • QUOTE (Penelope @ Jun 21 2006, 07:15 PM)

By the way, what is UP with them cancelling those three shows??? I feel sorry for those fans but hope everything is OK.

You are not old! Tempe is old! Tempe is a dental student, who likes talking about herself in the 3rd person!
    (Or is it 1st person? Hmm)

Ha ha, sorry. I'm being silly. But anyway, you are not old! I think you're great. You're hubby is in a band and that makes me so jealous. Ever since I fell in love with the Beatles as a kid, I've always wanted to marry a musician, so I envy you mucho biggrin.gif

Yeah, I hope everything is ok with the lads too. Too bad they had to cancel those shows. It was sweet of them to be so apologetic about it. What other band would care so much about what their fans thought?
  • Aww, I feel full of love and happy feeling in the thread. You guys are really really nice.
    Penelope, keep posting. I think you see how sweet all the OK Go boardies are.

QUOTE (Penelope @ Jun 20 2006, 11:17 PM)
    My hubby won't wear his when he plays bass because he CLAIMS it might scratch his Rickenbacker. But I forgive him!

Oh, you don't know that men with their wedding ring tend to be a hit with women more than guys with no ring? *evil smile* So your husband is all safe.

QUOTE (bettyNLBboop @ Jun 21 2006, 12:56 AM)
    I'll never forget that time the Damian came to the board and did actually reply to us. It was weird having him reply to directly to me. I won't lie, I freaked out at first.

Good old days. Damian answered to my question, I was so glad that I printed it out, and I still keep it. Yes, I'm a dork.
  • QUOTE (Penelope @ Jun 21 2006, 09:15 PM)

I like to lie to myself and pretend they cancelled the Orlando show because I couldn't make it..
    hahaha. Oh super ego, I love you so. Anyway.

What's really sad is that I just airbrushed this shirt for this girl who was going to go see that show. Now she has nowhere to wear it to, after special ordering the dang thing.. poor kid. I gave her an Oh No sticker, maybe that'll help.
  • QUOTE (Penelope @ Jun 21 2006, 09:15 PM)

Yes yes, it was you! I did like his glasses. I always look at men's glasses because my dad makes it my job to choose his. Where did he get them? You're not old, my mom is old (51) and she loves ok go as much as I do. She was going to say congrats to damian but she decided not to because she didn't want me to get in trouble.

QUOTE (Kikky @ Jun 21 2006, 11:26 PM)
    I like to lie to myself and pretend they cancelled the Orlando show because I couldn't make it..
    hahaha. Oh super ego, I love you so. Anyway.

What's really sad is that I just airbrushed this shirt for this girl who was going to go see that show. Now she has nowhere to wear it to, after special ordering the dang thing.. poor kid. I gave her an Oh No sticker, maybe that'll help.

I think they did cancel it because you couldn't go, but I feel really bad for Chelle and the kids now.
  • [quote name='HelloLover86' date='Jun 22 2006, 05:26 AM' post='62948']
    Yes yes, it was you! I did like his glasses. I always look at men's glasses because my dad makes it my job to choose his. Where did he get them? You're not old, my mom is old (51) and she loves ok go as much as I do. She was going to say congrats to damian but she decided not to because she didn't want me to get in trouble.

My hub got his glasses at FramesDirect.com, he usually wears some other vintage frames but he likes to mix it up! Maybe he wore those big ones to the show b/c he's a bass player like Tim...who knows.

It's cool your mom goes to shows with you...my mom never would have done that...laughing just thinking about the concerts I went to way back when and imagining my mom there! Thanks for making me not feel AS old, but alas, I am way older than you ladies. Ah, to be young and in college again.... the FIRST time around.

It seems like you know the band well, I doubt you could get into trouble with them! By the way, do they ever answer emails?
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Jun 21 2006, 04:38 PM)
    ^which is...?

i know this is late... hehe... but it was "let go" by Frou Frou... not very appropriate for a wedding, but what evs...
  • QUOTE (Felster @ Jun 22 2006, 05:55 PM)
    i know this is late... hehe... but it was "let go" by Frou Frou... not very appropriate for a wedding, but what evs...

I love that song, though. smile.gif

Penelope, for some reason it won't let me quote your reply tongue.gif But the guys do answer emails very very very occasionally, as far as I know. Like, Andy never answers anything, but I know Damian's replied to an email that Karleigh sent him a while ago.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jun 22 2006, 06:01 PM)
    I love that song, though. smile.gif
    Penelope, for some reason it won't let me quote your reply tongue.gif But the guys do answer emails very very very occasionally, as far as I know. Like, Andy never answers anything, but I know Damian's replied to an email that Karleigh sent him a while ago.

Yeah, I thought I was the only one it wasn't working for. He replied to a comment I made on a guest blog AGES ago.
  • Just wanted to say that you guys are all a lot of fun and really interesting and OKGO obviously has some cool fans. It's been fun reading and posting and seeing that I'm not alone in my OKGO love. The show at Stubb's outdoor was my fifth show in the past couple of years.

Whoever lives in Austin (I can't keep up!) let me know if you ever want to see my hub's band. They're fun retro pop (COOL early 80s influence--before you guys were born maybe??). I can put you on the guest list smile.gif

Penelope
  • QUOTE (Penelope @ Jun 22 2006, 11:49 PM)
    Just wanted to say that you guys are all a lot of fun and really interesting and OKGO obviously has some cool fans. It's been fun reading and posting and seeing that I'm not alone in my OKGO love. The show at Stubb's outdoor was my fifth show in the past couple of years.
    Whoever lives in Austin (I can't keep up!) let me know if you ever want to see my hub's band. They're fun retro pop (COOL early 80s influence--before you guys were born maybe??). I can put you on the guest list smile.gif

Penelope

Being on a guest list = being cool. cool.gif Okay, maybe not in all cases. But still.

The show on 4/26 was my 5th...in about a year....haha...but seriously, I hope you stick around Penelope. You seem like a really cool person. happy.gif
  • Penelope, you get 2 thumbs up from me. You're chill, and I like that.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Jun 23 2006, 05:44 AM)
    Penelope, you get 2 thumbs up from me. You're chill, and I like that.

Awww, thanks guys. I'm not really chill, though, when in the presence of OK GO. The first pic I got with Andy, Tim, and Damian my husband had to photoshop to fix the bizarre expression on my face (I guess I was too excited and I looked like a KOOK). The pic I got the other night turned out much better--except for the fact that I was super hot and sticky, ugh.

Maybe I'll meet you "officially" sometime at another show, or even my hub's show.
  • Wooo! That would be awesome.
  • I can't begin to put into words how happy I am for them..and also how good it is to be on a board who's female members don't go to pieces when a band member does get married...cause that's just stupid to me.

Congrads Mr. and Mrs. Damian Kulash biggrin.gif
  • welcome andibot!
  • Andibot, we're friends on myspace. welcome!
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Jun 23 2006, 11:20 PM)
    Andibot, we're friends on myspace. welcome!

You're so right! Thanks for the welcome and see ya on the big M!