In this Discussion

OK Go will have a new DVD out

Comments

• WHAT???? I thought it didn't go onsale until tuesday????? WTF???
  • I have to say, I love the new cd booklet layout. FINGERS GALORE! laugh.gif

EDIT: I DO NOT LIKE HOW THE DVD DOESN'T PLAY ON MY COMPUTER.
    Stupid anti-piracy blocking crap.

Apparently, the There's a Fire vid was directed by the guy who did the FTiM Project. And 8 bit pixelated video game music videos do excite me so!
  • FUUUUCK!!
    why can't I order it from the internet (because they don't accept euros, it's rethorical)????why hasn't it arrived to this stupid part of Europe???At this times, I HATE living here!!
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Oct 28 2006, 08:00 PM)
    Wouldn't it probably be released on amazon.uk? And wouldn't that be in the right format? Does amazon.uk ship elsewhere in the EU? (they should accept euros even if the UK is too cool to convert to euros...)

as far as I know they don't sell it yet - sadly. but amazon UK ships to every other european country too, to answer your question wink.gif. (and yeah they accept EUR!). alternatively there's also amazon.de who ship to all european countries as well - and they accept credit cards too, same as amazon UK. btw, amazon UK often sells imported DVDs and stuff - means that they're still region 1, not region 2 as we need over here. but if you have a region 0 DVD player or a computer at home you can still watch it of course. there are also programs available which allow you to watch it on your computer if your DVD-ROM is region 2 only.

best wishes,
    Morrigan smile.gif

QUOTE (m_I_a @ Nov 7 2006, 10:00 PM)
    FUUUUCK!!
    why can't I order it from the internet (because they don't accept euros, it's rethorical)????why hasn't it arrived to this stupid part of Europe???At this times, I HATE living here!!

maybe you can ask someone at the forum to order it for you, and send the money over via paypal? that's the way I did it... rolleyes.gif
  • that was what Katy proposed but by the time it arrives to France, should also arrive here because we share the same major company Fnac.Hopefully it will get here before christmas. That or we will have blood on the floor...
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Nov 7 2006, 10:18 PM)
    that was what Katy proposed but by the time it arrives to France, should also arrive here because we share the same major company Fnac.Hopefully it will get here before christmas. That or we will have blood on the floor...

aww, I should have read the complete thread sad.gif. so you're from France? too bad my french is rusty (and I mean rusty and not the cutie from OK Go, LOL), otherwise I would have said something in french to you now. I doubt we'll get the OK GO DVD over here in Germany at all; maybe on Ebay sooner or later but I think the only way to get it here will be through amazon and friends who kindly order them for us.... *sigh*
  • QUOTE (Morrigan @ Nov 7 2006, 10:48 PM)
    aww, I should have read the complete thread sad.gif. so you're from France? too bad my french is rusty (and I mean rusty and not the cutie from OK Go, LOL), otherwise I would have said something in french to you now. I doubt we'll get the OK GO DVD over here in Germany at all; maybe on Ebay sooner or later but I think the only way to get it here will be through amazon and friends who kindly order them for us.... *sigh*

Mia's actually Portuguese, and I'm American, but I'm living in Paris for the year.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Nov 7 2006, 10:58 PM)
    Mia's actually Portuguese, and I'm American, but I'm living in Paris for the year.

again I feel like an idiot... *bangs head on her keyboard* unsure.gif I am really sorry. cool.gif
  • QUOTE (Morrigan @ Nov 7 2006, 09:48 PM)

sorry if I confused you with all the countries, this is a very international fan forum biggrin.gif

Here it's exactly the same thing with the good CD's and DVD's. And it's so sad that people in the stores don't know any kind of good music (or any kind of music at all) and there I am always spelling "O-K G-O!!not OK NO, oh no is the name of the CD!!!". But if it was like Rihanna or something like that we would certainly know it...so sad...
  • This DVD is awesome, I about wet myself when I watched it.

However, you would think that Damian would have made sure that the stuff didn't have the piracy protection on it.
  • aww...I really want it. Tomorrow I shall go out and get it.
  • I just got mine and I really want to watch it, but I have a ton of homework and tests to study for.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Nov 7 2006, 10:49 PM)
    I just got mine and I really want to watch it, but I have a ton of homework and tests to study for.

Trust me, it's totally worth avoiding schoolwork for! (hahah I'm a bad advocate for doing well in school, apparently)

Plus, there's only two vids(not counting the AMW fan vid thinger) that are previously unreleased, so it'll only take like 8 minutes of your time.. laugh.gif
  • I hate to be so utterly consistent, but this DVD has left me with but two things on my mind ...

Damian's legs
  • So, if I wait until Thursday to buy it at the merch table, will the boys get a larger percentage of the profit? I've often wondered that and would appreciate it if someone could either confirm or deny that...
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Nov 7 2006, 11:19 PM)
    I hate to be so utterly consistent, but this DVD has left me with but two things on my mind ...

Damian's legs

I had the same thing on my mind when I was watching the behind the scenes treadmill vid. laugh.gif

That, and "Andy just ate a whole burrito and now he's gonna get back on the treadmills? Not for long.." rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (poison @ Nov 8 2006, 12:19 AM)
    So, if I wait until Thursday to buy it at the merch table, will the boys get a larger percentage of the profit? I've often wondered that and would appreciate it if someone could either confirm or deny that...

I pretty sure they they retain almost all the profit, as opposed to the store and the label getting most of the profit if you get it at Best Buy or someplace.

I know that's how it works with the shirts and stickers at least. Not too postive about Capitol directly-affiliated cds though.

And it'll definitely be cheaper there, I can promise you that.
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Nov 7 2006, 07:02 PM)
    Trust me, it's totally worth avoiding schoolwork for! (hahah I'm a bad advocate for doing well in school, apparently)

Plus, there's only two vids(not counting the AMW fan vid thinger) that are previously unreleased, so it'll only take like 8 minutes of your time.. laugh.gif

I did avoid my schoolwork to watch it and it was completely worth it. I ended up watching a lot of the stuff because I hadn't seen it in awhile. I'm glad that I have the Chica-go-go tape because they only show the dance and not the dance train part and stuff.
  • I ordered mine today! I should be recieving it in the mail in a month or so.. (stupid Australia)
  • Just for UK fans....

http://the-raft.com/news3186

OK Go release Oh No special edition on 13th November.
  • glad i didnt opt to import it now

and ive got next monday off work, so into town i go