In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• so, i was watching snl tonight. and alec baldwin was hosting. and there were a lot of walk-ons. like tina fey, tracy morgan, martin short, tony bennet, steve martin, and paul mccartney.

anyway, since there's sort of a "competition" of who can host more between alec & steve martin, there was a sketch were alec was all like "i've hosted as much as you" (which is not true). so steve is trying to kill alec by putting drugs in his drink. and to distract him he was like "hey look, alec, there's paul simon! oh, just kidding, that's just a coat rack." and then later he says something about paul simon again. and then later, paul mccartney comes out, and steve says something like "oh my gosh, it really IS paul simon!".

blink.gif i was like, how can you get them confused? doesn't paul simon have less hair? and i mean, paul mccartney looks like fucking paul mccartney, he's not that hard to recognize if you've ever had a music class ever in your life.

or maybe it was just a joke that i don't get, haha.
  • ^^ Paul McCartney appeared on the show? I thought he was too busy/stressed dealing with his soon-to-be ex-wife Heather.
  • yeah, it was just a short thing. he just came out & stood around for a bit while steve martin said some lines, and then nodded to something about steve needing to talk to him in the car. or something like that. dry.gif
  • Bah!! How'd I manage to miss that. Ooo, that means Paulie is visiting out continent! Yey. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (GirlInTheDark @ Nov 12 2006, 01:57 AM)
    im still grounded so talk to u guys when i get un grounded.

miss your randomness gothmo
  • Because not only is it random, but it's funny and OK Go related. Wonderful.

Friend: lol im thinkin Halloween next year
    zombies....treadmills......ZOMBIE TREADMILLS!
    Me: yes, that would rule
    Friend: i have an idea for you to try
    Halloween 2007, Damian dancing to Here It Goes Again and gets eaten by his own treadmill
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Nov 12 2006, 01:02 AM)
    Bah!! How'd I manage to miss that. Ooo, that means Paulie is visiting out continent! Yey. biggrin.gif

http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/videos/

if you click the platinum lounge one under 'featured videos', he's in that sketch. if you wanna just fast forward to the part where he comes out, it's when there's about 40 seconds left smile.gif
  • It was just a joke...they have the same first name and they needed a line for when he came out..
  • QUOTE (justbelieve87 @ Nov 12 2006, 10:19 AM)
    http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/videos/

if you click the platinum lounge one under 'featured videos', he's in that sketch. if you wanna just fast forward to the part where he comes out, it's when there's about 40 seconds left smile.gif

Ah! Thank you for posting that biggrin.gif You're too kind.
    I love Paulie.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Nov 12 2006, 01:55 AM)
    ^^ Paul McCartney appeared on the show? I thought he was too busy/stressed dealing with his soon-to-be ex-wife Heather.

I freaked out when I saw that.

Martin Short is AMAZING. and when you have sir Paul McCartney in the SAME FRAME . . . it made my night.
  • whoa im special cause my parents are watchin the sopranos and they dont want me to see it so i can go online.
    anyways
    whats happenin.
  • The Simpsons is really losing it's touch. And these political eps get on my nerves.
  • That's why their new movie is especially laughable.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Nov 12 2006, 07:12 PM)
    That's why their new movie is especially laughable.

Seriously. That movie would've been awesome a few years ago when the writers were better. But with the current set of writers, there's not much to look forward to. Lol, now I'm sounding like Comic Book guy.
  • I'd build a cheese castle just for you guys.
  • We cut my boyfriend's hair (and by "we," i mean my roomie did while my other roomie and I sat in front and laughed). He looked like Vanilla Ice for about 3 minutes before my roomie fixed it.

I forgot how good Gorillaz is (original, Demon Days is alright and all, but nothing can beat 19-2000 and Clint Eastwood and 5/4. Fo' realz).

If you're ever in montreal and looking for some "special" toys, go to the sex shop right off of the Saint-Laurent metro stop. Really. The people there are just really nice and they all wear lab coats and you don't really need to buy anything but they'll teach you how to walk in stripper heels.

It's been a classy day.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Nov 12 2006, 11:55 PM)
    If you're ever in montreal and looking for some "special" toys, go to the sex shop right off of the Saint-Laurent metro stop. Really. The people there are just really nice and they all wear lab coats and you don't really need to buy anything but they'll teach you how to walk in stripper heels.

They teach you how to walk in stripper heels? In lab coats?!

I can't walk in heels very well, but you never know.

I want to visit Montreal someday. Not just to learn how to walk in stripper heels.
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Nov 13 2006, 05:07 AM)
    I want to visit Montreal someday. Not just to learn how to walk in stripper heels.

It's completely fantastic. Honestly, I was a bit unsure about moving to Canada having lived in the States my entire life... and in suburbia.

However, Montreal is just so... interesting and easy. I can go out whenever and really garuntee finding something to do. The shows are fantastic (I've seen Ratatat, Les Respectables, The Decemberists, WAS/Art Brut/the Spinto Band and am planning on seeing Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, all for tickets less than $25), but more than that, I just adore being here. I have little adventures: going to the used CD store Cheap Thrills or to the used bookstore that just says "Livres/Books" in the window.

It's really the perfect mix of city and nature. I live near the canal and am therefore in a more residential area, but really even downtown, it's not overwhelming like NYC; the buildings are fairly small and there're alot of trees and the like.

I can't even describe it, it's just FUN for lack of a better word.

/love letter to Montreal

P.S. I can't walk in heels. I trip over myself and look like a pigeon-toed douche. It totally attracts all the menfolk.
  • Montreal sounds kind of like a bigger version of Ann Arbor. I would go to school there (University of Michigan) but I slacked too much in high school for that. But I never want to leave Ann Arbor whenever I go.

My mom laughs at me whenever I walk in heels. And I don't know why I buy them, I rarely wear them. I like flats better anyway.
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Nov 13 2006, 05:18 AM)
    My mom laughs at me whenever I walk in heels. And I don't know why I buy them, I rarely wear them. I like flats better anyway.

See, the only reason I like heels is because I have rather enormous feet (like size 9.5-10 womens' shoes), so hells make them look vaguely proportional. Still, I'd rather have large feet than trip over myself and look like a gigantic dweeb.

Oh, the best part of the learning how to walk in stripper heels: So we're talking to this woman and my roomie Leah and I were like, "how do you know how to do this!" Without blinking, the woman smiled and said, "oh! A dancer came in the other day and told me her secrets!" I love Montreal and I love the kindness of Montreal strippers to share their secrets with the masses.