In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• with all this talk of heels makes me think of wrestling
  • zing!

that was quite the moment of humor, brought to you by the fine folks at dirty alice's house of slap and tickle. and pandy, your resident english beefcake lad.
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Nov 13 2006, 06:09 PM)
    zing!
    that was quite the moment of humor, brought to you by the fine folks at dirty alice's house of slap and tickle. and pandy, your resident english beefcake lad.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
  • yayyyyyy my major exam period is officially over on thursday afternoon and i start my four month summer holiday. Huzzah.
  • Arrghhh, I can't wait until I'm old enough to live in Montreal for school...except I'm getting really terrified that I won't be smart enough for McGill. unsure.gif
  • Wow... Ok so I've had Oh No for a couple weeks now, hadn't really heard of OK Go before. And I dig it, but man... I gotta say, this is the most upbeat emo band since Counting Crows (which I also dig, A LOT!)

I'm just sayin...
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Nov 13 2006, 08:13 PM)
    Arrghhh, I can't wait until I'm old enough to live in Montreal for school...except I'm getting really terrified that I won't be smart enough for McGill. unsure.gif

You will be. There is a lot of work here and some of the classes are hard, but really, I'm sure you could get in. McGill tends to have a pretty good acceptance rate and, though I really have no idea how your grades and whatnot, you seem more than smart enough to be in McGill. Really. biggrin.gif

Meanwhile, I'm procrastinating and suddenly really nervous which makes me want to put off work when all I really should be doing is working. poopface.
  • Awww, Amy! I totally posted that hoping for reassurance from you, baha. Like, I saw this stand up comedian once talking about how he went to McGill..and he seriously wasn't bright at all...but then I think of all the crazy genius alumni. My grades won't be a problem, but do you have to be like..super active in lame clubs and teams in high school?
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Nov 14 2006, 02:22 AM)
    Awww, Amy! I totally posted that hoping for reassurance from you, baha. Like, I saw this stand up comedian once talking about how he went to McGill..and he seriously wasn't bright at all...but then I think of all the crazy genius alumni. My grades won't be a problem, but do you have to be like..super active in lame clubs and teams in high school?

Eh. I was really involved with theatre (and, therefore, a memeber of the International Thespian Society) and I was in National Honor Society (and did jack shit. I wish I had done more in retrospect actually), but I really didn't do that much. It was mostly theatre. You'll be just fine. You can also apply to Concordia. It's also in Montreal and has really great programs. If all goes well, my boyfriend might be going there for graduate school next year. It's another really good Montreal school to which you can apply.

This comic is fantastic and heartbreaking and beautiful
  • QUOTE (Wolf359 @ Nov 13 2006, 08:56 PM)
    Wow... Ok so I've had Oh No for a couple weeks now, hadn't really heard of OK Go before. And I dig it, but man... I gotta say, this is the most upbeat emo band since Counting Crows (which I also dig, A LOT!)

I'm just sayin...

Emo? mellow.gif

I don't get it . . .

Um . . . anyway . . .

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif: D biggrin.gif

This guy at the concert I went to Friday messaged me today saying that he should know me because we all have the same friends but we've never met. And I definitely thought he was extremely handsome that night.

I'm excited. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Wolf359 @ Nov 14 2006, 02:56 AM)
    Wow... Ok so I've had Oh No for a couple weeks now, hadn't really heard of OK Go before. And I dig it, but man... I gotta say, this is the most upbeat emo band since Counting Crows (which I also dig, A LOT!)

I'm just sayin...

OK Go isn't emo............ blink.gif

Um. But welcome!

On another note:

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA.

This chick is laughable.

LAUGH.A.BLE.

*facepalm*
  • I got a text from my friend this morning after I called to ask if she was alright (she had posted a very distraught-sounding entry on LiveJournal). Apparently, a kid from my old High School died yesterday (it's believed to be suicide). I knew this kid. He was in my bio class junior year and was a year younger and was fantastic. He used to joke about his nipples hurting in class. Over the top? Sure, but this guy was hilarious and it broke up the monotony of my teacher's lectures.

I don't know what to think. I'm not looking for sympathy with this, rather, I don't know what to say to my friends back home. I feel seperated and all I want to do is help them. How do I do this when it's so hard to get into contact with everyone in the first place?
  • A boy in my class committed suicide during our sophomore year. Though I didn't really know him, he was always nice and laughed about everything, even the insults directed at him.

But I didn't know what to say to any of my other classmates. He was in a few of my classes that year, and in those classes the day we found out, it was so quiet. No one really knew what to say.

I guess, when and if you do get in contact with your friends, tell them that you're there for them if they need to talk or some consoling.

I'm never really good at this stuff, either. Sorry I couldn't be much help.
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Nov 15 2006, 11:01 PM)
    I'm never really good at this stuff, either. Sorry I couldn't be much help.

You did help. Thanks.
  • the short fortune-teller who escaped from prison was a small medium at large
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Nov 15 2006, 05:18 AM)
    On another note:

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA.

This chick is laughable.

LAUGH.A.BLE.

*facepalm*

Um, who?

QUOTE (justbelieve87 @ Nov 15 2006, 08:44 PM)
    the short fortune-teller who escaped from prison was a small medium at large
    biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Nov 12 2006, 09:55 PM)
    If you're ever in montreal and looking for some "special" toys, go to the sex shop right off of the Saint-Laurent metro stop. Really. The people there are just really nice and they all wear lab coats and you don't really need to buy anything but they'll teach you how to walk in stripper heels.

It's been a classy day.

I'm so glad you like the little shop I opened. Yes, the whole labcoats thing was my idea. I also have a very strict hiring policy to work in my store. I mean really, if you can't walk in stiletto heals in a lab coat, where have you been?

QUOTE (tonetoile @ Nov 15 2006, 03:47 PM)
    I got a text from my friend this morning after I called to ask if she was alright (she had posted a very distraught-sounding entry on LiveJournal). Apparently, a kid from my old High School died yesterday (it's believed to be suicide). I knew this kid. He was in my bio class junior year and was a year younger and was fantastic. He used to joke about his nipples hurting in class. Over the top? Sure, but this guy was hilarious and it broke up the monotony of my teacher's lectures.

I don't know what to think. I'm not looking for sympathy with this, rather, I don't know what to say to my friends back home. I feel seperated and all I want to do is help them. How do I do this when it's so hard to get into contact with everyone in the first place?

I'm terrible at advice. I'm more of a listener. All I can offer is hugs in a sad situation. Yeah, I guess if you're friends are really sad about it, the best thing you can do is be a sympathetic listener for them, and not offer advice. Be a listener up to a point though. Don't let the friends take over your life. Did that sound right? (Bleh, told ya I wasn't too good at this.)

For all you American Rejects fan, this is disturbingly awesome. One of the best linkings of music to cartoons I have ever seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZb5HS9sWJU...ted&search=

I hate when all my individual posts come out as one long post!! mad.gif
  • i'm pretty sure i'm addicted to sudoku. i have this book that's 320 pages long, that's just sudoku of different difficulties. there's one section that has 4 squares, instead of the standard three, and i like that one the best. even though i've figured out the trick & can do them in under 2 minutes now. i.just.can't.stop. i really should be going to bed, but i'm like, "nah. just one more sudoku." rolleyes.gif i think i need a program to help me out. a nice 12 step-er or something.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Nov 16 2006, 03:49 AM)
    Um, who?

Long story. dry.gif
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Nov 15 2006, 10:47 PM)
    I got a text from my friend this morning after I called to ask if she was alright (she had posted a very distraught-sounding entry on LiveJournal). Apparently, a kid from my old High School died yesterday (it's believed to be suicide). I knew this kid. He was in my bio class junior year and was a year younger and was fantastic. He used to joke about his nipples hurting in class. Over the top? Sure, but this guy was hilarious and it broke up the monotony of my teacher's lectures.

i agree with other past statements, ive been in kinda the same situation, in that someone i know tried to kill them selfs, yet didnt

so all i can offer is just be there to talk to people, even if you dont know what to say talking is better then not doing anything