In this Discussion

OK Go DVD/CD

124»

Comments

• They wouldn't do that. Why would they need people to do the dance? It was a hit last summer, it would be pointless to try and plug it now through a fake contest.
  • I agree with the mixtape.

But, it makes sense to have a contest just for the benefit of knowing the approximate population of your fans or whatever. Maybe the guys just wanted to have some fun and play with are excessively obsessed fan minds, just for kicks, that kind of thing. OR. Maybe they really are having a contest and the results have yet to have been posted. I guess it would be kind of hard not to come by that sort of news and, like someone said, it would for sure be posted on the internet for all the OK Go world to see. They wouldn't leave us hanging.

But at any event, I am at suspense. Even though I didn't even post a video on the internet. I wonder if they would do another contest for the HIGA video? I mean, there would be a significant drop in entries, observing the well known fact that 8 treadmills are hard to come by and at a fair price. Unless like, your grandfather owns the treadmill business or something... BUT, I highly doubt that. It was just an amusing thought. *shrug*

Oh. And this is completely off subject.. But I figured it would fit into the thread a little bit. I'm a bit confused over which A Million Ways routine they are doing now at their live shows... I've seen the one with the portable bell kit. And then there's one with Damians portable backyard.. and thenl, ofcourse, we have the original AMW routine, with the portable tight pants of OK Go (Although, this component exists in every show...)? Which one is it now?
  • Look how busy they are, though. Dan had to postpone his freaking wedding! They don't really have time to sit through and judge thousands of video entries.
  • I know this is really late, but where's the picture of Damian with a cell phone??
    Is my booklet different to yours or something?
    I didn't get a purple packaging or anything either...

sad.gif
    What am I missing?
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Feb 20 2007, 01:28 PM)
    I know this is really late, but where's the picture of Damian with a cell phone??
    Is my booklet different to yours or something?
    I didn't get a purple packaging or anything either...

sad.gif
    What am I missing?

Did you get the US version of the dvd/cd, or the UK version? The UK version probably doesn't have the ringtone card insert included, since it's for US phones only. As for the packaging, either you got it unwrapped or the UK packaging is different.
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Feb 20 2007, 08:45 PM)
    Did you get the US version of the dvd/cd, or the UK version? The UK version probably doesn't have the ringtone card insert included, since it's for US phones only. As for the packaging, either you got it unwrapped or the UK packaging is different.

ohmy.gif
    You got a ringtone card???
    Ahhhhh man...

I got the UK version (why are there two versions anyway...? I don't have track 14 on Oh No either coz it's the UK version), and there's no purple packaging so I guess it just must be different...

Could anyone post the cell phone picture so i can see it?
    Thanks smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Feb 20 2007, 04:48 PM)
    ohmy.gif
    You got a ringtone card???
    Ahhhhh man...

I got the UK version (why are there two versions anyway...? I don't have track 14 on Oh No either coz it's the UK version), and there's no purple packaging so I guess it just must be different...

Could anyone post the cell phone picture so i can see it?
    Thanks smile.gif

The ringtone card is the cell phone picture that you were talking about. I'd post it, but I don't know where it's at(somewhere in the autographs box, is all I know, lol), sorry!
  • Lol! tongue.gif
    I have an OK Go souvenirs box as well hehe

Thanks anyway smile.gif
  • i still have yet to get my dvd
    i have been trying to get it since before christmas.
    but everytime i get to best buy they say their sold out
    i believe they are lieing to me.
    it is true that stores do order things they run out of.
    you would think that a big store like best buy would do such a thing.
    i guess not.
    or okgo is so freaking awesome
    (which it is)
    that tons of ppl flock to bestbuy every weekend and buy the dvd's out from under me.
    i will cry if the next time i go there its gone.
    i wil sit down in the store and cry and demand my okgo dvd.
  • girlinthedark-Did you see if they would order it for you? I have been told that you can order it and have it shipped to the store.
  • Pretty much every record store on earth will order stuff for you. Did you try anywhere else than Best Buy?
  • lol no im lazy
    and i dont like to wait for things
    (impatient)
  • Going to a different store would mean you probably wouldn't have to wait anymore...
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Feb 20 2007, 03:55 PM)
    The ringtone card is the cell phone picture that you were talking about. I'd post it, but I don't know where it's at(somewhere in the autographs box, is all I know, lol), sorry!

I had a ringtone insert but it didn't have Damian on it. It was just the Capitol Records logo and a picture of their building or something, bah.
  • well there arent many places round here that have sweet stuff like that
  • I myself still need to acquire this seemingly material proof of OK Go fandom (just kidding). But I really do want it. I don't know why I can't just ask for it. Silly me.
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Feb 20 2007, 10:49 PM)
    I had a ringtone insert but it didn't have Damian on it. It was just the Capitol Records logo and a picture of their building or something, bah.

It didn't exactly have Damian on it. He was holding the phone.
    But it doesn't really sound like you have that one either...
  • I have both cds, the thing is that my Oh No cd was a gift from a friend, so now I want the DVD, so should I buy the DVD/CD? I bet there's a ton of cool stuff in it, but the thing is the Oh No you find national versions of it in here, my Ok Go cd was imported, the DVD must be imported as well, but I also need some decemberists, and amybe Hugh Laurie's book and Regina Spektor cd, and all of those are imported