In this Discussion

the official "canada is amazing" thread

Comments

• No Torontonians aren't that bad. Its jut that they're extremly passive. I mean ask a new yorker for directions and they'll get into an intense conversation with you, ask a torontonian... and they'll point you in the direction of a pay phone, information booth, or just divert thier eyes and and walk on by. (unless you look like a clueless scared kid, felster and I use this a lot to find directions)

I love it here though. Tonnes of free shows (I saw the Carps last night for free), always cool things going on. The people are friendly once you get to know them... like every city, and theres jerks of course... but thats like every city as well.
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Mar 23 2007, 01:45 PM)
    No Torontonians aren't that bad. Its jut that they're extremly passive. I mean ask a new yorker for directions and they'll get into an intense conversation with you, ask a torontonian... and they'll point you in the direction of a pay phone, information booth, or just divert thier eyes and and walk on by. (unless you look like a clueless scared kid, felster and I use this a lot to find directions)

That's what they're like in England (London anyway).
    When I lived in San Francisco, I was thrilled every time someone said "have a nice day" or something similar because you never get it over here!

Torotonian is an AWESOME word btw
  • you do get niceaties in my shop =p
  • so you'd help me pick out what batteries are best for me andy? because my shop dudes are so rude when it comes to this topic.

lol ya i wish i could say i invented the word torontonian.
  • heh im always helping people with batteries

mostly old people, who i swear put them in there ears or somthing..

as the batters they show me should never be that colour..
  • hahahah... ear batteries... oh andy.
  • Things that are awesome about Canada... IN PICTURES!

Cirque du Soleil

the SAQ

Degrassi

toonies

oh and
  • I love all the tricks you can do with Toonies. Like, covering certain parts with your thumb makes the polar bear look like penguins, and a T-Rex...coming up with new ones was the coolest thing ever when they first came out.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Mar 25 2007, 01:53 AM)
    I love all the tricks you can do with Toonies. Like, covering certain parts with your thumb makes the polar bear look like penguins, and a T-Rex...coming up with new ones was the coolest thing ever when they first came out.

WHAAAAAAAAT?? I didn't know this at all and am now really excited
  • I can teach you!!!!! Then you can show everyone and be the coolest kid at McGill!!

Okay, try these:

On the polar bear side, turn it upside-down so his feet are facing up. Then put your thumb over his body, so you only see the legs. Three penguins!!

Then, while it's still upside-down, turn it counter-clockwise so his butt is in the air. Cover up his head and it's a T-Rex!!
  • so is SAQ the quebecs liqour control board?

and hahahah to the coin tricks... i think there are a couple ones you can do with a 5$ bill too.

and also...image
    have any of yall seen due south, ITS ONLY THE BEST SHOW EVA!!! hahah
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Mar 25 2007, 03:12 AM)
    I can teach you!!!!! Then you can show everyone and be the coolest kid at McGill!!

Okay, try these:

On the polar bear side, turn it upside-down so his feet are facing up. Then put your thumb over his body, so you only see the legs. Three penguins!!

Then, while it's still upside-down, turn it counter-clockwise so his butt is in the air. Cover up his head and it's a T-Rex!!

HAHAHAHA. Oh my god I feel so cool now.
  • QUOTE (Felster @ Mar 26 2007, 10:06 AM)
    so is SAQ the quebecs liqour control board?

and hahahah to the coin tricks... i think there are a couple ones you can do with a 5$ bill too.

and also...
    have any of yall seen due south, ITS ONLY THE BEST SHOW EVA!!! hahah

Ones with bills are always totally lame, like "make the Queen frown" or "make Wilfred Laurier look really mad." Bah, I say.

And I loves me some Due South.
  • Andy's been on me to return to the boards so yay I'm back.
    And as for the money thing I love our toonies, but I hate having so much change on me all the time. Our money is rather awesome though. I think with anything over a 5 or 10 dollar bill if you hold it up to the light you can see the queen or something. I'm not sure though, as I can't check it with bills because I have none sad.gif
  • w00t! w00t is back!.. hi dee!!!
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Mar 26 2007, 03:21 PM)
    w00t! w00t is back!.. hi dee!!!

biggrin.gif Hey Darbie! I've missed everyone, so I'm glad I'm back... and so the thread doesn't get completely off topic, I'll will add another thing to the list of why Canada is amazing. I'm from there! lol I'm kidding but our country still rocks muchly.
  • Oh, man! A boardie from my hometown!
  • QUOTE (w00t @ Mar 26 2007, 03:28 PM)
    I'll will add another thing to the list of why Canada is amazing. I'm from there! lol I'm kidding but our country still rocks muchly.

tongue.gif i agree with this! Welcome back!
  • QUOTE (w00t @ Mar 26 2007, 08:14 PM)
    Andy's been on me to return to the boards so yay I'm back.
    And as for the money thing I love our toonies, but I hate having so much change on me all the time. Our money is rather awesome though. I think with anything over a 5 or 10 dollar bill if you hold it up to the light you can see the queen or something. I'm not sure though, as I can't check it with bills because I have none sad.gif

bout bloody time..