In this Discussion

Ok Go avas and sigs

Comments

• QUOTE (agentnumone @ Apr 23 2007, 09:49 PM)
    all of these are soooo rad!

youre really talented... i tried makeing one of these before... but i failed horribly. could I put a couple of these on my myspace? I'll credit you fo sho.

Sure you can! But don't credit me- it isn't necessary, cuz I made them for you all.

Tempe, laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Apr 23 2007, 10:03 PM)
    Sure you can! But don't credit me- it isn't necessary, cuz I made them for you all.

Tempe, laugh.gif

oh you rule!
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Apr 24 2007, 02:03 AM)

Tempe, laugh.gif

You're so sweet.

And thank you for the "How to" guide.

Just one more question. Where can I get one of the programs you talked about. Are they downloadable, or do I have to go to a store and buy them?
  • Photoshop is expensive- I was forced to pay $300 for mine at a store. But Adobe is really nice- they give you a month to freely try any of their programs, so you can download Photoshop from adobe.com and use it for a month, no strings attached. Corel also gives you a free trial- I think it's also a month. Corel also tends to be less expensive than Photoshop.
    There are probly free programs out there, though nobody I've talked to knows of any good ones for animation. But if you want to make non-moving banners, gimp.org is awesome and free. (Gimp may now do animations- I haven't looked at it for a long time)
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Apr 24 2007, 02:42 AM)
    Photoshop is expensive- I was forced to pay $300 for mine at a store. But Adobe is really nice- they give you a month to freely try any of their programs, so you can download Photoshop from adobe.com and use it for a month, no strings attached. Corel also gives you a free trial- I think it's also a month. Corel also tends to be less expensive than Photoshop.
    There are probly free programs out there, though nobody I've talked to knows of any good ones for animation. But if you want to make non-moving banners, gimp.org is awesome and free. (Gimp may now do animations- I haven't looked at it for a long time)

Thanks so much! You rock
  • You're welcome.
    I checked it out and yes, the new version of gimp does work with animations. Gimp is highly recommended by a lot of ppl I've talked to. I have no experience with it tho, so I don't know how to use it
  • You rock Tabetha!!!!!

--- littleroom
  • QUOTE (littleroom @ Apr 23 2007, 11:46 PM)
    You rock Tabetha!!!!!
    --- littleroom

You rock more! smile.gif
  • Tabetha thanks for the mini lesson but i want to know to make the avatar and sigs which program is better the one From Adobe or Corel?

BTW your stuff rocks and I cant even decide which i want to use
  • QUOTE (CrashAndBurn @ Apr 24 2007, 01:46 PM)
    Tabetha thanks for the mini lesson but i want to know to make the avatar and sigs which program is better the one From Adobe or Corel?
    BTW your stuff rocks and I cant even decide which i want to use

hm- deciding between Adobe and Corel is a little like deciding between Windows and Mac. They both can get you the same result, but in different ways. Adobe is the more popular one for ppl into graphics but I think it's decidedly less user-friendly. But once you read the manual and practice a bit, it's manageable- whereas I feel Corel you can mess around with right away and master much faster. Adobe does tend to come up with updates and new versions fairly quickly though.
    But if you're looking to buy, I'd recommend you try the month-long free trials for both of them and then see which you liked best.

And thanks- I'm glad you like them. I'm planning to redo some a little later and make them cleaner.

Have fun making them!
  • OMAGOSH Sally, you are awesome. As soon as I have some free time I'm gonna make good use of your tutorial.

Thanks!
  • ohh my gosh, i'm seriously laughing at some of these!! you chose some really great moments to put on there... i'm especially a fan of the one where... crap, is it dan or tim? thats like, doing somersaults on the treadmill...

i may have to use some of these... smile.gif great work
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ May 2 2007, 12:49 PM)
    ohh my gosh, i'm seriously laughing at some of these!! you chose some really great moments to put on there... i'm especially a fan of the one where... crap, is it dan or tim? thats like, doing somersaults on the treadmill...
    i may have to use some of these... smile.gif great work

Thanks! And welcome to the boards!
    I'm gonna make some better ones probly next week or so, when my final exams are over.
    The somersaulter is Dan- my fav part of that vid is when Tim shows his "fine pecs" though, lol.
  • Tabetha - you are truly amazing for these. I'm still trying to decide what i want tho... can I think and get back to you please, oh wonderous lady? smile.gif
  • thank you!! everyone's been so nice/welcoming thus far... i like it. smile.gif

i feel you on the exam thing... i've actually tried making flashing avs myself, but have had no such luck... i'm going to have to read through your tutorial and maybe figure it out... smile.gif

good luck with your finals though! i can't wait to see what you come up with...
  • QUOTE (Electra @ May 2 2007, 06:12 PM)
    Tabetha - you are truly amazing for these. I'm still trying to decide what i want tho... can I think and get back to you please, oh wonderous lady? smile.gif

of course smile.gif
    And I have a better technique now- the next ones will be cleaner. And I think I'm gonna beg my talented and genius Photoshop friend to make us some stuff too- I can't even describe the kind of things she does. If she agrees, I'll post some of her work here so you guys can get an idea of what to ask her for.
  • ok, so this is what I've been doing today instead of studying for finals:

these are small enough to uses as avatars. Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore requires at most 90x90 dimension for avatars on this forum, but any weight if hosted elsewhere:

image Don't ask me why there's a face dancing on his head.

And some animations that are too big for avatars but will work for sigs (thank you, Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, for letting us use any size of anything for sigs. That's very generous- other forums tend to restrict)
    image this one is almost 90x90, but I didn't like how it looked at 90x90 so I kept it slightly larger. If you want, I can change it.

More in the next post below:
  • And banners for sigs:

And my attempt at a still banner:

Sorry there aren't any Dan-specific ones- I'll make some later.
    If you like anything, go ahead and use- no need to ask. I'm kinda running out of ideas, so if you have any requests, I'd be happy to help.
    If you have some you made to share too, that's also cool.
  • haha sweet stuff Tabetha

1.2.3. Lunge.......... laugh.gif laugh.gif
  • OK, I know you have it as your avatar for a while, but Sally, I just might hafta steel the one of Andy from the invincible video. It's just so damn amazing!!!