In this Discussion

Ok Go avas and sigs

Comments

• thanks. And you can call me Sally if you want.
    I added to the milk one:
    (look at his teeth for a moment to see the effect, teehee!)

He has no cavities cuz Tempe is his dentist!

If anybody is interested in these and wants them changed in any way, just let me know.

And now, I've been playing with Damian's face for too long- time to watch tv.
  • sweet. i am so using one.

Thanks Sally

laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ May 14 2007, 04:15 PM)
    thanks. And you can call me Sally if you want.
    I added to the milk one:
    (look at his teeth for a moment to see the effect, teehee!)

He has no cavities cuz Tempe is his dentist!

If anybody is interested in these and wants them changed in any way, just let me know.

And now, I've been playing with Damian's face for too long- time to watch tv.

Tabby Salami, you have such talent. These are all so cute! (Or shall I call you Sals, bah, you don't need a nickname. Sally is cute enough). When you say look at his teeth, it reminds me of the great Fergal Le Sharkey when he says "Check out maaah teeth." (This is something Pandy taught me, but I bet the other British boardies will know what I'm refering to wink.gif)

BTW, Tabitha, I don't know about all the avas you've made, but the one you made me looks so awesome dancing to almost any song I listen to. Yeah, that's just how talented you are.

Lol, the Got Milk thing reminds me of those old 80s commercials

Whoops! Wrong Damian: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2gUaILaQT4...ted&search=
  • hehe! It's Tim's sidekick!
    Actually, I'm still workin on the Dr. Tim one for you. I want it to be really pretty for ya, so I've been asking my genius photoshop friend how to improve somin and she was all, "I have exams! Go away!" So I've been playing with it on my own, which is why it's been takin a while. But I think I finally have it figured out...

OMG! THAT IS THE BEST MILK COMMERCIAL EEEEVER!
    And his name is Damian! How awesome is that!!
  • ^^ Aw, you're sweet. No rush. Just keep enjoying yourself. Everything you make is awesome. Damion the Japanese Milk Drinking Super Fantastic Super Happy Fighter man sends his love.
  • dlfkajsdl;kfj sally i love your banners smile.gif eeeeeeeee i will most definitely be stealing one f'sho
  • ok, Tempe, these are made especially for you! Any or all or none- you don't have to use them if you don't want, lol. Or if you want something changed, I'd be glad to do it. Or even if you have another request idea.

then I thought maybe that needed words:

and then I just had to put your name in there, cuz you're the official Ok Go dentist and you're our rockstar too (and also, your username has a T, lol):
  • *chair falling backwards* Aw, I may have bumped my head. wink.gif

Hhhoooollly shitmuffins!!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif Wow. Just wow. Those are so awesome! Just amazing. Tempe is utterly speechless. You are so talented! You just made my day!

(BTW, good job w/ the DMD part! Some dentists graduate w/ a DDS, but I'm going to have a DMD. You have ESP---how many acronyms can I fit into one post. Also, there is no difference between a DDS and DMD if anyone wonders. One just sound more prestigious than the other.)

Lol, "Dr. Tim DMD," ooo this has the makings of a great tv show! Dentist by day rockstar by night. Now that's entertainment!

BTW, thank you so much for making these! They must have taken a lot of work. I really appreciate it. We all do wink.gif
  • you're welcome. I live to amuse so I'm glad you were smile.gif
  • AHHHHH those are great!! i just watched the entire dvd tonight... lol and was reminded of how funny tim is smile.gif

i wish you could make avatars with sound... or can you?
  • Dentist by day, rockstar by night...

Oh wow.
    If I wasn't already married to so many boardies, I'd propose to you wub.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ May 15 2007, 10:51 PM)
    Lol, "Dr. Tim DMD," ooo this has the makings of a great tv show! Dentist by day rockstar by night. Now that's entertainment!

I TOTALLY agree. I say we send a petition to Shonda Rimes (the creator of Grey's Anatomy). Goodness knows "Dr. Tim DMD" would be way more entertaining than the new Addison spin-off. And if the show "Las Vegas" appears on ANY potential screenwriter's resume we send them packing.

Oh the wheels in my brain are turning... does anyone smell smoke? wink.gif
  • Sally you're amazing!!! laugh.gif
  • this is mildly avatar/sig relatead... but since we asked MAC questions beforeeeee... is there a way to do a similar function on a MAC like you use a print screen on PC's?

also... i will read sally's avatar tutorial... but just a quick question... or two. 1. do you use photoshop for yours? and 2. is is basically just a layering technique?

i could be VERY wrong which is entirely possible.
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ May 16 2007, 11:25 AM)
    this is mildly avatar/sig relatead... but since we asked MAC questions beforeeeee... is there a way to do a similar function on a MAC like you use a print screen on PC's?
    also... i will read sally's avatar tutorial... but just a quick question... or two. 1. do you use photoshop for yours? and 2. is is basically just a layering technique?
    i could be VERY wrong which is entirely possible.

lol, guys, there sooo should be a Tim tv show!

The Mac question I have no answer to. But I wouldn't recommend using printscreen anyway. PC's come with PowerDVD usually, and I would use that if I were you- I know you have a Mac, but you could probly download a Mac version from the PowerDVD website. Also, if you're going for more than a few frames, just import the frames through the clip directly into Photoshop without manually making them. The second question, yes, it's essentially layering but you have to keep keep track of which layers you have showing.
  • ooo thank you!! i have two computers, a mac and a pc, but my pc isn't hooked up to the internet right now... no wireless card. which i will be taking care of soon... it also has my photoshop program on it soooo i really really need to. lol and the only reason i asked about the printscreen is because there are scenes from almost every single one of their videos that i just want a still image of... haha wink.gif

but thank you!! i'm going to have to see if i can somehow master this sort of thing in the near future.

p.s i love your avatar. i know ive said it before but it always makes me laugh
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ May 16 2007, 12:35 PM)
    ooo thank you!! i have two computers, a mac and a pc, but my pc isn't hooked up to the internet right now... no wireless card. which i will be taking care of soon... it also has my photoshop program on it soooo i really really need to. lol and the only reason i asked about the printscreen is because there are scenes from almost every single one of their videos that i just want a still image of... haha wink.gif

but thank you!! i'm going to have to see if i can somehow master this sort of thing in the near future.
    p.s i love your avatar. i know ive said it before but it always makes me laugh

Yeah, I'd def'ly use PowerDVD for that. Even on a PC, you can't always use printscreen to take screencaps- for ex, if you're playing from a program with an overlay, like Windows Media Player, printscreen won't work (although, of course you could just disable the overlay).
    And one another tip I didn't have in my write-up: try to use as few frames as possible. Stick to around 20. A lot of the ones I've made here are 80 frames and I've noticed that while Firefox (which I use) displays them fine, Explorer tends to slow gifs down. (That's why Explorer sucks and everyone should switch to Firefox. Gah, even in terms of website coding, there's so much stuff that Firefox can handle that Explorer can't. Yet, 70% of people are still using sucky Explorer) So people with slow internet are probably seeing the stuff I made as really slow, awkward and not smooth- but if you stick to around 20 frames, even people with dial-up will be able to handle it. If you import into Photoshop, try to use every 2nd frame (which I don't actually do, b/c I'm neurotic like that).
    Have fun with it!
  • Okay, one more question... I'm looking at all the free downloads for PowerDVD... and there are a TON... any specific one I should choose?
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ May 16 2007, 03:35 PM)
    Okay, one more question... I'm looking at all the free downloads for PowerDVD... and there are a TON... any specific one I should choose?

I'm not at home, so I dunno which version I'm using, but it doesn't really matter- they all have the screencapture function, which is the important thing. So I'd recommend just getting the latest version.
    Have fun with it and let me know if you have more questions.
  • I'm sooo happy!
    I was telling my genius photoshop friend about my problems and she fixed them up for me. (you'll never read this, but I looove you, dear!) And she's in the middle of her exam period, but she took the time to help me.
    her fix:

It was too heavy- which I knew, but I was too neurotic to try to lighten it.

I'm gonna go back and improve all my stuffs.