In this Discussion

OK Go/ The Fray summer tour!!

Comments

• QUOTE (rkpetersen @ Mar 13 2007, 04:13 PM)
    Hi. I just got a heads up from Ticketmaster saying that the Fray will be playing in the Seattle area (actually, about 5 min from my house), on Friday and Saturday 7/27 and 7/28. Normally I wouldn't give The Fray a second thought, but I was wondering if OK Go is going to still be touring with them at that time. Ticketmaster doesn't say, and the last show listed at okgo.net is 7/01 in St. Louis.

So, does anyone know if OK Go is going to continue with the rest of the Fray's summer tour?
    Any guesses?

I'd like to get tickets if OK Go will be playing, but not if they're not.

No, OK Go is not going to be touring with the Fray for their entire tour.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Mar 13 2007, 08:20 PM)
    No, OK Go is not going to be touring with the Fray for their entire tour.

Thanks for the superfast answer.

OK, so they won't be doing the entire tour together. Do you know for sure that OK Go will be leaving the tour after the St. Louis show? Does OK Go already have other performances scheduled for July? If not, how likely are they to extend their Fray tour dates? (Yes, I know they should get back into the studio, but it doesn't look like they're in any hurry to do so.)
  • QUOTE (rkpetersen @ Mar 13 2007, 05:00 PM)
    Thanks for the superfast answer.

OK, so they won't be doing the entire tour together. Do you know for sure that OK Go will be leaving the tour after the St. Louis show? Does OK Go already have other performances scheduled for July? If not, how likely are they to extend their Fray tour dates? (Yes, I know they should get back into the studio, but it doesn't look like they're in any hurry to do so.)

I'm not really sure what the plan is. I just know that The Fray has other bands listed as their supporting acts for two other legs of the tour.

Sorry that came out so short - I was having problems getting the response to post.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Mar 14 2007, 03:07 AM)
    I'm not really sure what the plan is. I just know that The Fray has other bands listed as their supporting acts for two other legs of the tour.

Sorry that came out so short - I was having problems getting the response to post.

i am really excited ok go is playing at Loyola Marymount University tomorrow and I am going!
  • QUOTE (allflowerz @ Mar 16 2007, 10:28 PM)
    i am really excited ok go is playing at Loyola Marymount University tomorrow and I am going!

Have fun!! laugh.gif
  • is anyone here going to the Mansfield, MA show on the 23rd? Cuz I know there are some ppl on the board who went to shows in the area, and it would be cool if we could meet up this time. eee, next Saturday!

edit: ooooh, man. I am so irked. I just reminded my mother about the concert, and she's like, since you bought 6 tickets, the whole family can go- meaning my dad. My stiff, conservative, strict dad. uuuuugh. I bought a ticket for me, my sister who loves OK Go, my other sister who loves the Fray, my other sister's friend, my mother and a ticket for my mother's friend- totaling $500 (I got my mom a ticket b/c after sneaking off with my sister before to RI for an OK Go show, well, things aren't so good, and I got one for a friend of hers so she would be um, distracted). I've been trying to earn back this money for months and still am, and I've had a lot of lectures from my mom. So far, she's been keeping it secret from my dad, who would freak if he knew I spent $500...and now my mom has decided that she doesn't want to give the extra ticket I bought to a friend; she wants to give it to my dad because "that kind of money should be spent in the family." This is a problem on so many levels. Who brings their parents to a rock concert?! Who brings their ultra-strict father to a rock concert?! My dad would call OK Go dirty and immoral if he heard Damian say "fuck" in every sentence, like he always does (I, on the other hand, find Damian's fondness for the word funny). And ugh, ugh, the last two lines of Don't Ask Me.....My dad would be sooo mad... I'm in college, but my parents treat me like I'm 7 years old.
    And not only that, but my dad's presence would mean we wouldn't stay late and I will never get the autographs I want so badly (nor will I be able to give them the gifts I've been making them)
    Why, Mom, whyyyy?!!
  • Awww, Sally, I'm so sorry to hear that! All I can do is offer condolences. You earned that money and now they're dictating who gets the tickets you bought with your earned money? Doesn't make sense to me.

::Hugs:: I'm going to the show the next day in Camden, NJ though. biggrin.gif I CANNOT WAIT.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jun 11 2007, 10:48 PM)
    Awww, Sally, I'm so sorry to hear that! All I can do is offer condolences. You earned that money and now they're dictating who gets the tickets you bought with your earned money? Doesn't make sense to me.

::Hugs:: I'm going to the show the next day in Camden, NJ though. biggrin.gif I CANNOT WAIT.

thanks! ~hugs~ Does this mean no more Run's House stories? I have to say though, I LOVE your Run House stories!
  • ^^Ugh the almost same thing is happening to me. My mom, sister and I bought tickets and my mom was all like oh yeah I want to go [shoot me please] but I figured I would be able to convince her to give the tickets to one of my friends. But NO, she really wants to go. I told her I didn't want her to go and she thought I was joking, I was dead serious. So now she is going with us and knowing her she will be in some pissy mood and ruin the concert. And like you said, she will find Damian's common use of fuck bad yadda yadda yadda. I'm REALLY hoping I can make her give up the ticket, I have 17 days [!!!!!]

Wow, that really made me sound like a bitch to my mom...
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jun 11 2007, 10:49 PM)
    thanks! ~hugs~ Does this mean no more Run's House stories? I have to say though, I LOVE your Run House stories!

Awwwwwwwwwwww! I'm totally grinning from ear to ear now.

Sorry Sal, I think the guys are over the joke, and the last thing I want to do is become annoying. I was planning to retire it at the Danbury show but they didn't play "Oh Lately". So I stopped haunting Run's House at the Philly Jack Daniels show. smile.gif

But you definitely made my night. I'll try to come up with something equally ingenius from the next album.
  • Oh I'm going to the Mansfield show and I'm stuck in the same situation as you, Tabetha.. except the tickets costed about $160. My parents told me i couldn't go to this concert at first, but by the time I convinced them to let me go, all the front and middle sections were gone. I have to bring my mom, just because she likes the fray.. she's cool like that, lol. i might not be able to meet up with anybody here because i can't go to the show too early or leave too late sad.gif
  • oo, Yummy, that's cool! We should get a pic together or something!
    Ktlou and Yummy- sigh. We love our parents but sometimes, um, this is not so much the place for them.

I'm thinking of selling 2 tickets (face-value) because if I sell only one (the one she wants to give to my dad) then my mom will be alone and I'll feel badly. But if I sell two, then she can be with my sister who loves the fray while I and my sister who loves OK Go can walk around looking for autograph opportunities...I think....

And Rachel, I can't wait to hear what you come up with! Make 'em laugh loud smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jun 13 2007, 07:22 PM)
    oo, Yummy, that's cool! We should get a pic together or something!
    Ktlou and Yummy- sigh. We love our parents but sometimes, um, this is not so much the place for them.

I'm thinking of selling 2 tickets (face-value) because if I sell only one (the one she wants to give to my dad) then my mom will be alone and I'll feel badly. But if I sell two, then she can be with my sister who loves the fray while I and my sister who loves OK Go can walk around looking for autograph opportunities...I think....

And Rachel, I can't wait to hear what you come up with! Make 'em laugh loud smile.gif

That would be so cool to get a picture with you laugh.gif This is probably kinda early but what time are you going to be there? I'll probably be waiting in line an hour before the doors open. I'm so excited.. only a week and a half left.. biggrin.gif

I might be able to buy the tickets if you sell them, except i only need one right now. but then maybe splitting up is a bad idea.. hmm..

Edit: splitting, not slitting haha
  • I dunno- ideally, I want to get there early enough to see if maybe hopefully they're walking around and I can ask for an autograph. Thing is, my family and I are late for everything. My friends have started telling me the wrong time for things, so I get there thinking I'm late but actually am on time (ok, they only did that twice- after that I figured it out).
    But maybe I'll wear something with bright colors so we can find each other, teehee.

If you want the tickets, just pm me.
  • lol, ok, and I'll tell you what I'll wear there

You just gave me an idea.. maybe I should tell my parents that the doors open at 6, so I could get there at 5. laugh.gif
  • well, I've told my mother and she's ok with it, so in order not to bring my dad along, I'm officially selling 2 tickets. I'll sell them at face-value, exactly what I paid for them. I posted this on the fray's forum (it seems Mae doesn't have a forum) so if anybody's interested, pm me. thanks.
  • when is that show? a week from tomorrow?

I didn't want to buy tickets, cause I dislike the Tweeter Center (saw No Doubt & Blink 182 there, my first concert haha, not counting Bruce w/ my parents)... but now I'm kinda regretting it. I hate it when I do this, I'm so indecisive. sad.gif
  • It's June 23 smile.gif next Saturday
  • I definitely remember mae had a forum, but now that they have a new site, they probably deleted it.

You could probably try advertising the tickets at last.fm here:
    http://www.last.fm/event/170449
  • I guess today was it for the United States.

I thought Summerfest was sometime later, but I just looked and it was yesterday, and the St. Louis show was a few hours ago.

I saw them many a time in the last few months, but I am depressed at the thought of them not being back for awhile. sad.gif Ten days and I am already in withdrawl. I cry.