In this Discussion

Damian Poses for "Fashion: Teen Vogue"

Comments

• Am I going crazy, or was it Kulasi?
  • I'm pretty sure it was Kulas. I went back and watched the interview quite a few times because I was paranoid about my t-shirt not making any sense. tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (nostabenitsirhc @ Aug 6 2007, 11:26 PM)
    Am I going crazy, or was it Kulasi?

You're probably thinking about the insect his grandfather discovered.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Aug 6 2007, 11:39 PM)
    You're probably thinking about the insect his grandfather discovered.

Yea I just went back and watched the video and it was Kulas, and then I realized where I got my idea from.
  • HAHAHA Teen Vogue

I wonder if I still have a subscription for that... (they started sending it to me when YM got cancelled... like, four years ago... and up until quite recently I've still been getting them even though I never renewed the thing. I think it finally ran out though... damn. I would have liked to put that picture up on my wall.)

that's absolutely priceless.

and I love "2. Shamelessness. Period." because it's so absolutely true, and perfect.
  • QUOTE (KristaMichelle @ Aug 6 2007, 08:20 PM)
    I made myself a shirt that says "Damian kicks Kulas." and wore it to the March 3rd concert this year. biggrin.gif

Haha I remember that! Awesome shirt. I remember Mike Kent saying he liked it too.
  • QUOTE (oknat @ Aug 7 2007, 12:13 AM)
    Haha I remember that! Awesome shirt. I remember Mike Kent saying he liked it too.

Okay, so nobody hit me please, but I can't remember who exactly Mike Kent is...it's not Milsoh right? Isn't he Mike Clark?
  • Excellent article!
    His feet really are big! I thought it might just be camera angles etc but even 30cm from my face they're huge, and there's no trick photography then!

Love the suit too!
  • yeah, Mike Kent is the tour manager.
    Mike Clark is "Milosh" and he used to be their merch guy, now runs various online stuff.

And, as Andy so brilliantly pointed out in one of those long-neglected blogs, if you combine their last names, you get "Clark Kent", aka Superman.
  • AND Mike Mike.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Aug 7 2007, 12:32 AM)
    yeah, Mike Kent is the tour manager.
    Mike Clark is "Milosh" and he used to be their merch guy, now runs various online stuff.

And, as Andy so brilliantly pointed out in one of those long-neglected blogs, if you combine their last names, you get "Clark Kent", aka Superman.

Yes yes! I remember that blog. Thanks, my memory has been restored smile.gif
  • QUOTE (oknat @ Aug 6 2007, 09:13 PM)

Ah yes, that was a good moment. happy.gif Except for the whole getting confirmation that OK Go had left part. tongue.gif
  • Beautiful picture!

That suit is very Vince Noir!
  • Oh LOLOLOL
    I'm not surprised to see this. But...
    The facial expression and pose being made here, though-- laugh.gif laugh.gif
    I sense comfortable awkwardness.
  • QUOTE (KristaMichelle @ Aug 6 2007, 10:20 PM)
    Yes! I love that interview. I think it might have been one of the AOL ones. I could be completely making that up, though. Did they ever even do AOL sessions?

Yeah, they did and it's from that. I'm glad you said that, cuz I was originally gonna say it was from the Sundance interviews--wrong.

I made myself a shirt that says "Damian kicks Kulas." and wore it to the March 3rd concert this year. biggrin.gif

Funny biggrin.gif

Btw, Meg, Mike Kent isn't tour manager--Brendan is. Bob was before him. I also used to think Mike was tour manager, but no, he's "Chief Engineer" or something like that.
  • oops I'm an idiot, didnt see this post. Oh well double damian.
  • ARGH. I have not been keeping up on my OK Go (sadly, life has beckoned me and though I tried kicking it down and saying OK Go was more important, it kicked my ass), and this picture is amazing in the sense that the suit/shoe combo is so horrible any OK Go fan would love it and how Damian talks about how Shamelessness is key to fashion, (I agree cause some of the shit models wear is GROOOSSSS.) BUT, I still think he is the most beautiful thing. = D
  • ahh! how did i miss this post yesterday?! This is such an awesome.

and plus, i love the pose. laugh.gif
  • this is sexy..
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Aug 6 2007, 06:16 PM)
    Let me know if you can't read the text and I can translate. This may only be available if you have a subscription, as it is a side magazine (sort-of a trial run) and was wrapped in plastic with Teen Vogue.

Not that I have a subscription to Teen Vogue, if that's what you're thinking, because I certainly don't...
    (Edit: Sheri, if you are interested, they have a page on Franz Ferdinand as well.)

Wait, so does anyone know if this issue is purchasable on newstands?
    Does anyone know if "purchasable" is a real word?

BTW just felt like *waving* to Lightamatch4me wink.gif