In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• i miss bosom buddies... i used to watch that whilst eating breakfast... oh tom hanks how I heart thee in a dress.
  • haha Tempe that's great tongue.gif Ok Go, a clothing line... not that it would surprise me if they did make their own clothing line, but hopefully they'll always be a band first.

sail on, my love
    if the ocean gets rough
    would you help me sing
    would it help to sing
    sail on, my love
    when the ocean gets rough
    will you help me sing
    would it help to sing...

<3
  • tempe. i don't know if it's silly/sad of me to know exactly what episode you're talking about... but i do. i f'n love those old biddies...

i'm completely head over heels crazy nutso about a boy. it's driving me crazy. in a... crush-i-blush-around-you-always-and-can't-help-it sort of way...
  • i got drunk last night. whoops.

• horchata owns me!

that bitch mistress beverage is most certainly the cause of my soon to be weight gain
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Dec 20 2007, 10:18 PM)
    i'm completely head over heels crazy nutso about a boy. it's driving me crazy. in a... crush-i-blush-around-you-always-and-can't-help-it sort of way...

blech I kinda am too.. but he's off in Israel right now and then to NY (he's from NY) and then back to San Diego.. we're probably gonna chill the weekend before school starts since I'm gonna go back a few days early too.
    But we're rather incompatible and I know he doesn't like me (I'm like 97% sure), so as always I won't say anything and we'll just go on as friends. Whatever. It's okay!

My cousin got Guitar Hero and zomg I <3 this game! Sooo fun!!
  • 2 questions
    1 does anyone here like spagetti
    2 has anyone seen Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
  • QUOTE (punkrockchick @ Dec 22 2007, 04:36 AM)
    2 questions
    1 does anyone here like spagetti
    2 has anyone seen Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

1 Spaghetti is one of my favorite foods.
    2 Not yet, but soon.
  • i like spagetti, too and the movie? Haven't seen.

I just looked at the Austrian music charts and... on 3 it says Wham!... omg, ...really??????
  • My body doesn't know what to do with American food. I haven't had high fructose corn syrup (or at least large amounts of it) for a good 4 months. Now I'm in a veritable flood of HFCS and cookies. Granted, I'm the one making the cookies. BUT STILL. I can feel my stomach processing the Chinese food I had this afternoon.

The thing I found sort of interesting was an interview I heard a little while ago. Someone was talking about how the EU has banned a certain type of chemical that has found to have adverse health effects for humans. This chemical is often found in plastics to make the more malleable: kid's toys, dashboards, etc. The US, however, has failed to ban this chemical. One possible reason is that the US doesn't have solicalized health care. This means that, when people get sick later, THEY will be paying, versus in the EU where the government will have to pay for most of the sicks' bills.
  • 1. I love spaghetti!

2. Ya, I actually saw it like 3 weeks before it came out. And it's awesome! Well at least I really liked it. If you don't mind a little blood, I totally suggest you see it. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Dec 22 2007, 11:19 PM)
    The thing I found sort of interesting was an interview I heard a little while ago. Someone was talking about how the EU has banned a certain type of chemical that has found to have adverse health effects for humans. This chemical is often found in plastics to make the more malleable: kid's toys, dashboards, etc. The US, however, has failed to ban this chemical. One possible reason is that the US doesn't have solicalized health care. This means that, when people get sick later, THEY will be paying, versus in the EU where the government will have to pay for most of the sicks' bills.

Woah, are you serious?? The US government might be allowing people to get ill because it'll boost the economy?? THAT is sick.

In one of my interviews I was asked if I'd ever work for a private hospital, and I had to explain why I was so in favour of the NHS and so against the private system. Tone, I only hope that one day the US can wake up to the wonders of a nationalised health service.
  • Well, that would be the entire conspiracy portion of it. I don't think it's intentionally malicious. It's just that the US is very big business-centric. So, as time goes on and good becomes more genetically modified and Americans become fatter, socialized healthcare just becomes a more and more expensive prospect that the US simply cannot afford.

I see the contrast in Canada. I don't know if it's true so much in other places. But seriously, there seems to be little government effort to improve America's health-related habits.
  • Argh. It's infuriating. The way I see it, prevention is always better than cure. Education in the right things to eat, healthy lifestyles, and even how to cook a decent meal are all going to help people avoid certain problems. If our culture wasn't so centered around getting more, faster, cheaper, then we'd have quality food that would nourish us rather than harm us, surely? And I'm sure that any program designed to promote that is going to be cheaper than the cost of treating thousands with diabetes and heart disease from eating too many saturated fats, liver disease from drinking too much alcohol (although admittedly I'm slightly intoxicated at the moment, lol), and lung cancer from smoking too many cigarettes with additives that make the cigarette burn faster or taste better.

What's the Canadian system like, then?
  • QUOTE (porifera @ Dec 22 2007, 11:20 PM)
    1. I love spaghetti!

2. Ya, I actually saw it like 3 weeks before it came out. And it's awesome! Well at least I really liked it. If you don't mind a little blood, I totally suggest you see it. smile.gif

I have already seen it did u know its supposed to be a comedy my bro told me that today and I can't wait to see it again
  • i locves spahgehtiit TO!!O

i'm rdunk. and i want to see ssweetny todd

i lovel sally. she' s the best. and everyone. and rachels and alcie. omfg. i love youg ys

i got a beer throwns agt me and tonight. WHOOPS

i'm watachein g garden state. i'm obsessed wiathe this movei
  • angeis go the sbeer throuwn at her too!
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Dec 23 2007, 02:48 AM)
    What's the Canadian system like, then?

It's just the promotion of flat-out better foods: little/no high fructose corn syrup, far less partially hydrogenated oils, etc. Recycling seems far more prevalent (though that may just be Montreal). Anti-cigarette ads are far more assertive in addressing the dangers of smoking. They're not huge differences, but they're enough to promote a healthier lifestyle.
  • Ahhh.. sounds more like England, then, I think. I don't know if this is true in the US, but over here cigarette ads are banned. But there are ads to show the dangers of smoking. And all cigarette packets have "smoking kills", "smoking lowers the sperm count" etc on them.
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Dec 23 2007, 02:20 AM)
    i locves spahgehtiit TO!!O

i'm rdunk. and i want to see ssweetny todd

i lovel sally. she' s the best. and everyone. and rachels and alcie. omfg. i love youg ys

i got a beer throwns agt me and tonight. WHOOPS

i'm watachein g garden state. i'm obsessed wiathe this movei

We love you too, Katie. biggrin.gif wub.gif