In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• i love that episode!
  • Bananas are yummy, even if their texture is kinda off-putting and their appearance is sorta phallic. Plus they're good for you.
  • them being phallic is the best part...
    wink.gif jk

So. I just applied for the perfect internship.
    I'm scared

blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif huh.gif
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Mar 13 2008, 05:06 PM)
    So. I just applied for the perfect internship.
    I'm scared

blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif huh.gif

Ooh, good luck!!
  • Dorothy: "Cheese cake, Rose?"
    Rose: "I don't know, let's taste it and find out."

Sophia: "Dorothy was born during the depression---mine."
    Dorothy (about the cheese cake): "Chew it carefully, ma...Like they taught you at Shady Pines."
    (emphasis on Shady Pines)

That little bit of comedy was for Katie. She's gonna rock and get the perfect internship
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 14 2008, 12:27 AM)
    Dorothy: "Cheese cake, Rose?"
    Rose: "I don't know, let's taste it and find out."

Sophia: "Dorothy was born during the depression---mine."

That little bit of comedy was for Katie. She's gonna rock and get the perfect internship

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH thank you smile.gif thanks guys! I really hope so! It's PERFECTION and I want it so so SO bad

Sophia: "Did you and Arnie play 'hide the canoli'?"
  • Before Samatha Jones, there...was Blanche Devereaux

random thought to ponder as Sophia hunts for her glasses

edit: LOL, Rose is dating the guy who played Jerry Seinfeld's father
  • Cockroaches can live for 9 days after their head has been cut off.

... I didn't know that! Don't tell Roachie!

I just got a mail from MrDiet, apparently I need a diet and some Dr wants to help me.... mh...ok.... leaving now to get some pizza biggrin.gif
  • HAPPY PI DAY EVERYONE!!!

It's way past 1:59, but still.

biggrin.gif

also: MOST UNEXPECTED VISITORS EVER.

So my grandfather and stepgrandmother and half-uncles live in Nova Scotia. It takes like, 14 hours to get there if you take the high-speed ferry from Maine and don't stop at all while driving.

I completely and utterly forgot that my stepgrandmother and one of my uncles (he's only like, 2 1/2 years older than me) were driving down to something in Boston and staying at my aunt's house.

So the doorbell just rang.

And it was them- they had gotten lost and needed directions to her house.

and I was like, who the fuck is ringing the doorbell at 7:00 Friday night? WTF MARION AND CHRISTOPHER!?!?!?! Shouldn't they be in Nova Scotia?? OH. RIGHT.
    "um... hi."

it was pretty amusing to say the least- you don't expect random relatives from way far away to show up at your doorstep very often...
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Mar 14 2008, 04:02 PM)
    also: MOST UNEXPECTED VISITORS EVER.

So my grandfather and stepgrandmother and half-uncles live in Nova Scotia. It takes like, 14 hours to get there if you take the high-speed ferry from Maine and don't stop at all while driving.

I completely and utterly forgot that my stepgrandmother and one of my uncles (he's only like, 2 1/2 years older than me) were driving down to something in Boston and staying at my aunt's house.

So the doorbell just rang.

And it was them- they had gotten lost and needed directions to her house.

and I was like, who the fuck is ringing the doorbell at 7:00 Friday night? WTF MARION AND CHRISTOPHER!?!?!?! Shouldn't they be in Nova Scotia?? OH. RIGHT.
    "um... hi."

it was pretty amusing to say the least- you don't expect random relatives from way far away to show up at your doorstep very often...

Lol, wow. That sounds like something off of a tv show. Gah, I'd be terrifed if random relatives showed up out of the blue.

QUOTE (mayonaise @ Mar 14 2008, 08:57 AM)
    Cockroaches can live for 9 days after their head has been cut off.

... I didn't know that! Don't tell Roachie!

He knows. He's seen it. When he was a mere baby roach, he saw it happen to someone. He made me tell you that story to make you aware of the plight of the roach----well, more like make you feel really really guilty.

Ooo, I should take these neato facts and post them on roachie's space.
  • Before Teeny Ok Go, there was Teeny Paul McCartney. I'm rewatching one of my old favorite movies "Help!" and the scene with shrinking Paul came up. Here it tis for you to see, but first a little background.

Ringo is being chased by an Indian cult after inadvertainly obtaining their sacrificial ring. Throught the film, the Beatles are trying to protect Ringo, hide from the cult that's after them, and get the ring that is stuck to Ringo's finger off. In the film, a female member of the cult acts as a double agent, trying to help Ringo while still being apart of the cult.

In this scene the feamle member has a potion to shrink Ringo's finger and get the ring off. The potion ends up in Paul's leg and causes him to shrink to teeny size. Meanwhile, the cult attacks the Beatles' home. They try to cover Ringo in red paint (part of the sacrificial ritual) and then kill him. A scientist is also after the ring. He wants to use it to rule the world. All at once, insanity insues upon the house. (This film is silly, but good fun):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg7RfXDML_4

Best parts of this scene:
    Teeny Paul using a gum wrapper as a towel
    2:13 Ringo's hiding spot. They'll never catch him there, lol
    2:58 George gets confused and starts chocking John instead of the cult member
    George and John suddenly remembering mid-fight that they might accidentally step on Teeny Paul
    Teeny Paul running for cover inside an ashtray
    3:35 Teeny Paul taking a bath in orange soda pop
    3:54 Ringo crying that his suit is ruined, aww
    4:12 Scientist seems surprised that his gun actually works
    Scientist tells them all to get up with their hands up and Teeny Paul does it too, lol

• aha! here's the post you were talking about, Tempe. hee. It was kind of weird thinking about OK Go during a Beatles movie, but I couldn't help it. XD haha, the shrinking scene was one of my favorite scenes in the movie just because of that. I also really liked when they were in the mountains skiing...it really tickled me that none of them could ski very well. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (applelye @ Mar 16 2008, 08:17 PM)
    aha! here's the post you were talking about, Tempe. hee. It was kind of weird thinking about OK Go during a Beatles movie, but I couldn't help it. XD haha, the shrinking scene was one of my favorite scenes in the movie just because of that. I also really liked when they were in the mountains skiing...it really tickled me that none of them could ski very well. laugh.gif

I had such a crush on Paul when I first saw that movie. The incredible shrinking Paul used to make me squee. Yes, the skiing part is my favorite! The director of that film (Richard Lester) said he couldn't figure out how to get rid of the powerlines in one scene, so he just put musical notes in. I love the quick little jokes in that movie.

Skiing Scene "Ticket to Ride"

Have you ever seen "A Hard Day's Night"? Great movie too.

Edit: Wow, Elvis has a version of "Hey Jude" and it's pretty cool. A gospel sort of version of the Beatles song:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSglV873jPo&NR=1
  • I grew up watching those movies... Hard Day's Night AND Help!
    My friend and I, plus our younger sibs used to put on "shows" for our parents... where we air-guitared and sang the Beatles. I was ALWAYS John, ALWAYS... My friend and her brother always fought over who got to be Ringo... my sister was always Paul, and whichever friend didn't get to be Ringo, was George. Not that any are a bad choice but...

Brings me back to my childhood...
    one of my fave lines?

"IT'S A FIEND-ISH THINGY!!!"

edit:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcGTudP-Q78...feature=related

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

edit 2: one of my ALL TIME favorite songs...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTb3uifuKDc
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 16 2008, 09:49 PM)
    I had such a crush on Paul when I first saw that movie. The incredible shrinking Paul used to make me squee. Yes, the skiing part is my favorite! The director of that film (Richard Lester) said he couldn't figure out how to get rid of the powerlines in one scene, so he just put musical notes in. I love the quick little jokes in that movie.

Skiing Scene "Ticket to Ride"

Have you ever seen "A Hard Day's Night"? Great movie too.

Edit: Wow, Elvis has a version of "Hey Jude" and it's pretty cool. A gospel sort of version of the Beatles song:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSglV873jPo&NR=1

Whenever I have a crush on one of them, like John, then I'll be like, "But Paul's so good, too...and George is great...and Ringo...!!" and then I end up crushing on all of them. sigh. but Paul was sooo cute in help. biggrin.gif

yes, I LOVED A Hard Day's Night!! in fact, I referenced it in my first post on this site...'cause I'd been watching the special features and George Martin talked about the Beatles and a golden treadmill...

QUOTE (katieyellow @ Mar 16 2008, 10:20 PM)
    I grew up watching those movies... Hard Day's Night AND Help!
    My friend and I, plus our younger sibs used to put on "shows" for our parents... where we air-guitared and sang the Beatles. I was ALWAYS John, ALWAYS... My friend and her brother always fought over who got to be Ringo... my sister was always Paul, and whichever friend didn't get to be Ringo, was George. Not that any are a bad choice but...

Brings me back to my childhood...
    one of my fave lines?

"IT'S A FIEND-ISH THINGY!!!"

edit:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcGTudP-Q78...feature=related

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

edit 2: one of my ALL TIME favorite songs...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTb3uifuKDc

really? how neat, that you put on shows! lol. I usually wander around the house singing Beatles songs and it drives my mom crazy. I think she would've lost her mind if I ever had done a show for her. unfortunately, she's not that big of a Beatles fan, more of a Lennon fan.

ahahahah, I love that line too. argh, I'm getting all giggly remembering it. it makes me want to watch it again...!

edit: oh, I forgot to mention, I really love The Night Before too! was I so unwiiiise, ahh, the night before. when I had subtitles on during Help!, they kept putting it as "ON the night before." lol, it bugged me. XD
  • AHHHH!! This reminds me so much of my childhood (along with Head, of course!) !!!

I loved Help!, never so keen on A Hard Day's Night though.. I think I was a little nervous of black and white films when I was little... But A Yellow Submarine was FANTASTIC.

"I'd jump into the river Mersey, but it looks like rain...."

"What d'ya think?"
    "I think it needs a rehearsal."
    laugh.gif

• LoL that's funny, you didn't like a real life movie, but Yellow Submarine... wink.gif Just kidding, way more normal for a kid to like a cartoon... however... I never really "got" it... until I decided to smoke and watch it. Haha

But seriously. I love the Beatles. I was in love with John. For the longest time, I didn't realize he was dead... my mom broke my heart when she told me... I cried. She gave me her copy of the newspaper and the Time magazine from the day/week he was shot. Of course, me being a stupid irresponsible kid, I lost them both. However, I did cherish them until we moved... which is when they went missing. They were right next to my bed, always. Yes, I'm a huge dork....

"Another Girl" is a great part too... Paul is wearing a black tshirt... I LOVE when guys who are always in suits (!!!!!!;)) wear tshirts.
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Mar 17 2008, 08:23 AM)
    "Another Girl" is a great part too... Paul is wearing a black tshirt... I LOVE when guys who are always in suits (!!!!!!;)) wear tshirts.

ditto and ditto!

You guys are awesome. Here I am thinking I have to explain Help! and you guys already know all the best parts.

Alice, when my sis was little, she would see old black & white pics of my mom and think that everything in the old days was actually in black & white.
  • (Because I promised mayo a story):

Once upon a time there was a talented artist, named Susan B. Mayonaise. So talented was she, that her name was synonymous with beauty, joy, and sheer adorableness. One week, she was bombarded by midterms. For, you see, the great Mayo was a university student as well as artist. Menacing teachers with glistening teeth and purple draping robes plaqued upon her. Her only escape was to go home and doodle away the stress. One day, a brilliant doodle of a bald musician with sideburns and glasses emerged on the paper. He was a delight to draw, so she drew three more musicians, two with shagy hair and one with drumsticks in hand. Then she drew a small robot pet for the band. After she was done with her drawing, she went for a snack. She came back to find, the musicians on the paper had suddenly come to life. They were drawings on paper, but they were waving at her and doing silly stunts. She was eating a sandwich, so she drew a picture of a sandwich for each of them. The little figures on the paper ate with delight. Each time she drew something beside them, it would come to life for the band members to play with. She passed some time doing this, untill she realized she had to go back to class. So, she waved goodbye to her drawings, and they waved back. Then she closed her book to go to class. And there on her shelf, the drawing book awaits when the great Mayo comes to bring exciting things to life.
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Mar 17 2008, 03:23 PM)
    LoL that's funny, you didn't like a real life movie, but Yellow Submarine... wink.gif Just kidding, way more normal for a kid to like a cartoon... however... I never really "got" it... until I decided to smoke and watch it. Haha

But seriously. I love the Beatles. I was in love with John. For the longest time, I didn't realize he was dead... my mom broke my heart when she told me... I cried.

Hahaha I know, such a little kid! tongue.gif LOL I haven't tried smoking and watching it, tho...

And I was in love with John too!! I was determined to marry him, until my dad told me that he'd died before I was born.. that really broke my heart.

QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 17 2008, 09:22 PM)
    You guys are awesome. Here I am thinking I have to explain Help! and you guys already know all the best parts.

Alice, when my sis was little, she would see old black & white pics of my mom and think that everything in the old days was actually in black & white.

You too! And your sister must've been sweet smile.gif
    When I was little and I first saw my dad on TV, I wondered how they'd managed to shrink him.