In this Discussion

Vampire Weekend

Comments

• AHH!!!!! I love Chris T. even more now. He's a math geek!!!! yaaayyy.

do you think he'd actually appreciate it if I called him that? I actually think of it as a compliment....

I went crazy with decorating my tote bag today so...

• ah, the combination of Vampire Weekend and nerdfighterness in one picture!!
    wub.gif
    too awesome...

and Jacqui, that little interview is pretty awesome biggrin.gif

I would pronounce Baio like I was saying "Bye-O" but I have no clue if that's right...
    *shrug*
    Actually, the only one who's name I'm really sure about pronouncing is Chris Tomson hahaha

• QUOTE (Tapegrl =D @ Mar 26 2008, 03:01 AM)
    i think Ezra just reinvents dance every time they play White Sky. <3

does anyone have an mp3 of it? I can't seem to find one...

hahha, yes.
    i wish i did! that song is wonderful. i think i can rip it from youtube, but a real nice clear one, i don't have sad.gif

QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Mar 28 2008, 08:08 AM)
    We need a special name for Chris B now. A sexier one than Chris B, obviously. Chriszilla?
    How do you pronounce his last name btw? I know how I say it but German has screwed with my head and I can't handle lots of vowels.

They would have been the perfect targets for face-punching, Angela! I'm shocked you didn't do anything. But then of course, you wouldn't want to get chucked out...

Yeah, that was me. I was working out how to take it from you ph34r.gif Be warned.

I definitely won't be going to the festival. It's too far away and it's gonna be in the middle of exams. I'm just hoping they'll play a little all ages show in Sydney.

*hugs bb* You'll see them again smile.gif
    Yo! I've read/heard that interview so many times before but it's a nice picture and the title is weird/funny.
    I shall stick it to my door.

haha, chriszilla sounds more scary than sexy. i just noticed that one of them is christopher and the other is chris...like on paper, so maybe we should call them that? haha, i dunno.

oh, i think its bay-o...right? like that actor. haha. oh! there's an interview where he says it. an interview with chris and christopher }:] hehe
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l13KPu0-uH0
    yeah right. my sister, who paid for my ticket, wanted to use my bag. i almost ate her. those things are never leaving my sight.
    mhmm. i didn't even want to look like i was recording just in case they were looking. i was on my best behavior. no licking and stuff.

oh! booooo!! that really sucks. same here. i want to go to coachella but its far away and its a festival and its hot and my mom won't let me go sad.gif

thanks for that! the picture is so big wub.gif its just a printed version of that interview you posted, right?
    QUOTE (Tapegrl =D @ Mar 29 2008, 03:52 AM)
    AHH!!!!! I love Chris T. even more now. He's a math geek!!!! yaaayyy.

do you think he'd actually appreciate it if I called him that? I actually think of it as a compliment....

I went crazy with decorating my tote bag today so...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2269/237030...89121c419_o.jpg

awww. yes. math geeks are sexy and smart...BIG COMPLIMENT.

that bag is great! i love your handwriting btw. it's so neat! mine is a mess.

QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Mar 29 2008, 05:18 PM)
    Actually, the only one who's name I'm really sure about pronouncing is Chris Tomson hahaha

haha yes. i have no idea how you would even begin saying rostam's last name. that is just crazy <3
  • You really think my writing is neat? I was really trying. LOL my notes are a total mess.

I'd really like to know how to say Rostam's last name. To be honest, I've never even attempted to pronounce it. LOL
  • THEY'RE COMING TO HAMBURG!!!!!!!! AND I'M GOING!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH, smile.gif biggrin.gif wink.gif
  • AHHHHHHH!!!! Take tons of pictures! i hope you get to meet Chris T. biggrin.gif wink.gif
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Mar 28 2008, 01:08 AM)
    Yo! I've read/heard that interview so many times before but it's a nice picture and the title is weird/funny.
    I shall stick it to my door.

ZOMG he studied music and economics!!
    Awww I study economics toooo aww <3 <3 <3

QUOTE (mayonaise @ Mar 30 2008, 05:00 AM)
    THEY'RE COMING TO HAMBURG!!!!!!!! AND I'M GOING!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH, smile.gif biggrin.gif ;)

Ahhhh congrats!!! I'm excited for you!!
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Mar 22 2008, 06:04 AM)
    **Ezra busted out the sexiest moves. Goodness. He was doing this thing where he would snap his fingers and then clap his hands while bobbing his head. WOW. That almost killed me. OH! And he was twisting around! Awww. Plus there was also this sort of swimming move. I got a bit of it!
    http://www.dailymotion.com/vinca15/video/x...e-weekend_music

** Chris T. would always do this thing where he would sort of bend over the drum kit, like he was hugging his snare drum, and then look up. It was the most adorable thing! I just wanted to hug him. <3

** Chris B. would do the most random thing. He would start smiling (a big smile too!) and then just stop and start frowning. I don't know what that was about. He looks so precious when he does smile. He should learn from Chris T. and just smile all the time.

** Once in a while they would each look at each other and smile. It was sexy. They were taking a little break in between songs and both Chrises started doing this thing. I don't know exactly how to describe it, but they were pounding their fists on their chests, sort of like, "I feel you" or "I got your back." I don't think that makes much sense, but it was incredibly adorable. They did it for about 30 seconds and started laughing after it. <3

** Before playing A-Punk Ezra started talking about how they were working on a new video where they show you how to dance to the song. He said that since we hadn't seen it yet we could all just twist or cross our arms over our chest and lean back, or something like that. I just thought was too funny. biggrin.gif

Now I can't wait to see them doing all this things here, too!!! I shouldn't get that excited right now, I have to wait quite a bit, it's in may... MY FRIEND IS BUYING THE TICKETS RIGHT NOW!

I really want to meet Chris T., I want to meet all of them but I really want to meet Chris T.!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

• OMG

yay!!

ahhhh, mayo! take lots of pics and make sure you come back here and post about the show as soon as possible!!

aw, i'm excited for you biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Mar 30 2008, 05:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=162384
    THEY'RE COMING TO HAMBURG!!!!!!!! AND I'M GOING!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH, smile.gif biggrin.gif wink.gif

YAY MAYO!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif THAT'S EXCELLENT NEWS! GO YOU!!
    fine. we'll call them chris and christopher.......... but which is which?!

It's ok, one day we'll have our own festival and it will make up for missing these ones. It'll be part of that institute of sexiness thing and it will be mofeelicious! (I'm still waiting on my acceptance letter )

I think it's the same interview, yes. So worth $7 though.

chris b = chris
    chris t = christopher

hahah! my computer isn't back yet sad.gif i miss my baby.

ok

OMG
    guess what chickadees?!?!?!?!?

I SEE VW AGAIN!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
    |
    |
    |
    |
    \/

its on jimmy kimmel. they're having one of the outdoor concerts. my mom better take me this time........mad.gif
  • sdhgfajsgfajlsdgadjg luckyluckyluckylucky!!

both of you, Mayo and Vinnie!

(hehe, chickadees? the black-capped chickadee is the state bird of Massachusetts...)

the backlash of all the hype has already started, guysss
    there's this kid in my english class who's like "ugh, I Hate them! they're so pretentious! and yuppies listen to them just cause they're the cool band to like, not cause they're actually good!"
    hehe but I was just like, "... well I like them cause they're adorable and really talented and they're as good live as they are recorded... but mostly cause they're adorable. I really don't care about all the hype and stuff."
    and then we had to stop talking cause our teacher was explaining something.
    I'm actually not too upset or concerned about it or anything.. I mean, I've been expecting it and all.
    And it's really, really not about the hype for me. So whatever.
  • Yeah, to whoever doesn't like a band just because of their hype, or whoever listens to a band just BECAUSE of its hype, is just sad to me.

I'm so glad you guys get to see VW!!!!!! Sounds like you guys will have a lot of fun. =D

For those near Cali, Vampire Weekend is playing at Coachella on Friday, April 25
  • Ah Vinnie I'm jealous!!

And I'm trying really hard to go to Coachella to see them but its so fuckin expensive!!!!
    alskjf;adlskjf
  • Vinnie!
    I got tickets to see them at Jimmy Kimmel too!
    smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
    I have no idea who's going with me but its okay I'll figure it out.
    Ahhhhhhhhh so excited!!!!

- From the latest GQ
    I stabbed myself with a scalpel trying to get the whole thing out without mucking it up. Unfortunately, after blood began spurting out everywhere I gave up on keeping it neat.
    The moral of this story is tear things out of magazines and maybe buy your own copy of GQ because JB should not be trusted near sharp objects.
    Ever.

AMBIE AND VINNIE! That's so exciting!! I hope we get to see you guys in the audience biggrin.gif
  • Oh, the things we do for obsession.

I hope you're healed because the picture is priceless.

I love how Ezra is just standing there looking pretty. haha
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Apr 11 2008, 03:16 AM)
    Vinnie!
    I got tickets to see them at Jimmy Kimmel too!
    smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
    I have no idea who's going with me but its okay I'll figure it out.
    Ahhhhhhhhh so excited!!!!

ahhhhh!!! ambie!!!! awwwwwww!

you know what i just saw though...calvin is going to be here too...on the same day!!! how does that even happen?~?! mad.gif mad.gif sdaofjaslkdfjlaskfjdlaskfjlkasd

omg!
    i want to see calvin.
    i want to see vw.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

djfalskfjdlkasjfoaielaslfkjafkdjaslfjiejdflkjsfkljasdfasdfasdf

p939p3983ioukjfdsmn.,nmfdsls9po43ukljerlrlskldlksafdlasdf

booty!
  • Splendour in the Grass (excellent festival here that OK Go went to last year) first line up has been announced and VAMPIRE WEEKEND ARE PLAYING!!!!

http://w3.splendourinthegrass.com/artists.php

Them and The Fratellis (!!!!)

Jacqui - are you going, or are you, like me, praying for sideshows?!

I swear, August is like the best month EVER!!!
  • hehe, VW AND FRATELLIS? exactly what I'm doing in may. cannot wait cannot wait cannot wait