In this Discussion

Vampire Weekend

Comments

• QUOTE (LolaBert @ Apr 23 2008, 08:59 PM)
    Splendour in the Grass (excellent festival here that OK Go went to last year) first line up has been announced and VAMPIRE WEEKEND ARE PLAYING!!!!

http://w3.splendourinthegrass.com/artists.php

Them and The Fratellis (!!!!)

Jacqui - are you going, or are you, like me, praying for sideshows?!

I swear, August is like the best month EVER!!!

Yeah yeah! That was the epic festival I was talking about! I'm definitely crossing my fingers for some ALL AGES sideshows.

Oh my God. Some of my friends will be 18 by the time this happens. Fuck...
  • ^^
    aww, i hope you get to see them!

i didn't end up going to see vw at jimmy kimmel but i think ambie did? i'm not sure. anyway, here's their performance of cape cod kwassa kwassa with some drumline: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rucWweOc8FY and an interview with christopher at the usa nme awards: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPoUnasoSLY apparently they won best band, yay!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
  • I saw them last night at Jimmy Kimmel and omg AWWWWWWW THEY'RE SO CUTEEEEEEEE
    asdfjasdl;fjdsk
    seriously there is no other way to describe them
    yes they are awesome/amazing/brilliant etc
    but omg they are so adorable - everything about them!!
    Three girls each had papers that made up "Marry me Ezra" and when he saw it he like blushed and stuff aww
    Ah I can't wait to see them again sometime they are soooo cutee!!!
  • ^^
    awwww!! i'm glad you had such a good time!! i was wondering how many songs they'd played...

i stopped by at around five and there was already such a huge line!
  • MAYO babe!! You're so lucky eee!

Oh JB! I'm crossing my fingers for you too!! Do you turn 18 later this year??

Oooh vids!! Thanks for them Angela!!

Ooooh you got to see them Amberkins!!! Lucky lucky you!!
  • aww, blushing!
    blushing is cute
    biggrin.gif

so glad you got to see them Ambie!

I really want to watch those videos but it's too late sad.gif
    I'll watch 'em tomorrows
    biggrin.gif
  • Thank you for sharing the videos Mrs Dougall. They were gorgeous!

AMBIEEEE fudging awesome!!! biggrin.gif I'm uber happy for you!

Bah Jodie, I'm 18 next year, only just turned 17 sad.gif Thanks for finger crossing! We need to harness IwI good luck vibes or something.

This kid I hate has VW on his myspace mad.gif He's a bad bad bad person so it upsets me...
  • TONIGHT!!!!!!!!

7, 5 hours....

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
  • MAYO!!!!

I can't believe we've let the Vampire Weekend thread die for so long

but you need to come back with an epic recap of your adventures in VW-land, asap

please?

and I hope (am sure) you had fun biggrin.gif

so we need all the juicy details

smile.gif
  • Mayohhh where be a recap?! tongue.gif smile.gif

*waits impatiently*
  • haha, ok ok, here it goes....

Ahm, the concert was to start at 9 pm, time of entering the club was 8 pm, my lecture at uni was to end at 7.45 pm... guess who ran like a lunatic to the subway station... haha

OK, so the whole day was chaotic, it was my first day at work, after that I had to travel through all of the town to get some stuff, one of the stuff: the brand new and fantastic camera the fiancee of my sister got a few weeks ago. I was so happy to have it, we had some really nice photos and videos taken at the Hoosiers concert so I was thrilled.
    After my incredibly boring lecture (I can't quite remember but it had something to do with verbs and past tenses and something ...) I hurried to the station, totally thankful for my train already waiting for me, then I had to change onto another sub and then... got on the wrong. ... aaaaaaaaaaaaaah, luckily I only lost a few minutes and when I finally got to the club they only just started letting people in, I spotted my friend who was just at the entrance and then... after 10 seconds, was in smile.gif Now the sad thing, the horrible horrible thing: no cameras allowed..... !!!!!!! I had to leave it, I did have my phone, but usually it's really difficult to take photos with that, as there's too much security...especially if you're right infront of the stage... YES! biggrin.gif Aw, perfect perfect places!!
    well, then we had to wait, I went to the loo, and guys, if you're ever in Hamburg going to a concert in a smaller venue, let me tell you, backstage rooms are always close to the facilities ... I didn't have time to wait and see if they're there somewhere though...
    My friend then walked to the guy at the bar asking if the tour poster is still available and he said sure, we should come after the concert and we could get one...or two. smile.gif (which is great, I mean, I now have so many tour posters I haven't spent ANY money on them and it's just great..., I need more space on my wall though)
    Then there were two guys standing close to us, they were just a year younger but.. sooooo immature! haha, and they were so excited that they were there, at a concert and reminded my a bit of 8 year old girls tbh... haha (and the funny thing comes later....)
    Then the photographer came... the ugh photographer with the long hair that's always there when we're at a concert so I told him that I knew him from the We Are Scientists concert and I dunno, he kinda felt like I just asked him to be my best buddy or something but he was just ...weird-... (at some point he had his hand on my head... ahm, wtf???) anyway, he gave me his card where he would put the photos, so that's ok. (he made them for the Rolling Stone Magazine)
    The support act: The Strivers, from Switzerland, I think, they were quite OK, but they're songs were too long so after 2 and a half minute you kinda lost interest... but ok-ish still.
    After that the guys started to make everything ready for VW, also: putting the setlist (that looked so short...) on the stage and then those two guys who stood close to us started making jokes "What? They need a LIST to remember their songs?" "Hahaha, how many drugs must they've taken to forget them, hahaha" ... and so on. I then turned around and told them that it's absolutely nothing weird to do, that in fact most bands have a setlist and that it's just something usual. They wouldn't believe me and continued making fun of that... weird boys.
    When the setlist was attached right infront of me on the stage I gave the guy who did that a smile, as if trying to say "that'll be mine, right?" He smiled back and, well, I do have that setlist here right next to me as I type this biggrin.gif
    Then they brought out grapes... O.o none of them were eaten and we were rather eager to ask for them after the concert but... well, we didn't tongue.gif
    Then, they came out, first Chris T and aaaaaaaaaaaa, I was so happy.
    here's the set:

Mansard
    Campus
    Kwassa
    M79
    Bryn/ Boston
    A-Punk
    Blake's
    Corrected
    Giant
    Comma
    _________
    Walcott

during the first few songs the guy with the setlist made photos and videos and I'm sure I'm on there, but I have no idea where to look for them...
    It was great, amazing, fantastic, Ezra's shoes, Chris T, the way they danced and laughed and talked and performed and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, great great.

After the show we waited a bit, got the setlist, got our posters and then went to the merch, I wanted that Beanie but they just had three shirts (and one of those was already sold out when we arrived) and the bag, so I chose the bag, because I wanted something and I've seen on the list that NOBODY has bought one yet and in Cologne, were they played before only three were sold...
    After that we got my camera and walked out. So many people! The football (or soccer...) game Manchester - Chelsea was broadcasted in the club and outside and people all around were watching so we chose to wait a bit, see if we meet anyone of the band...

When we wanted to leave we saw Chris T walking back to the venue and we hurried but were to slow and we didn't want to run, I dunno, it seemed too awkward ... after that nobody came out again and after 30 mins or so we left as it was already late, we were hungry and I had to prepare loads for uni next day...

But: You can see the photos here: as I was standing right next to the photographer he basically made photos of what I saw, I just hoped there were more... (and he didn't take a photo of Ezras shoes, like I asked him to do...)

http://www.malzkornfoto.de/archive.php?key...vampire+weekend

But- perfect night, perfect perfect perfect biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

it was my second last concert so only one more to come, I'm slightly sad...
  • Oooh soudns like a perfect show! sorry about not being able to bring a camera though. But you got the bag! yay!

If you haven't seen this yet..there's a new Oxford Comma video!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_i1xk07o4g
  • yeah I've seen the new video, the guys are pretty awesome!
  • oh gosh how did i not notice this thread earlier.....im a big big VW fan. whats you guys fav. song on the album?

apart from Oxford Comma and A-punk

mines Walcott and Mansard Roof
  • Oxford Comma has been my favorite all this time but otherwise...probably M79. i want to learn the string part to it. it's amazing. the Burntpiano remix of Oxford Comma is my new favorite VW song, but I can't seem to find it again.
  • Hot Chip and Peter Gabriel covered "Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa."
  • I freaking love Vampire Weekend! wub.gif I just recently got introduced to their music. Hopefully I get their CD for Christmas!
  • I already put this in the happy list, but it bears repeating cause I'm really freaking excited-

VW are coming to my college on my birthday! How awesome is that?
  • God, they are so good live <3 <3 <3 <3

We got there late because my friends suck at making plans, so we missed their first couple of songs.

But we still saw most of I Stand Corrected wub.gif
    seriously amazing

And a lot of their other songs, including Walcott, which is my second favorite, and Ladies of Cambridge, which is awesome cause it's about Boston smile.gif

Plus A-Punk and Oxford Comma, which were fun because the crowd was really into them.

Ooh ooh ooh, and they played a new song! they're working on the new album now, and since this was a one-off gig, they played one of the new songs during the encore! It was really good, so now I'm excited for that biggrin.gif

We waited outside for a little bit, but my friends had to drive the 2 hours home and it was cold and wet, so we gave up before any of them came out.

But it was still a lot of fun. I missed them. And now I really need to see them live again, soon.
  • I know, I know. tongue.gif And while Im in acomplaining mood, how are you meant to know how big your avatnar is? mine wont work