In this Discussion

Interpol

Comments

• akdfjghkadfjh Kalinda, I love you forever for that J-Master spammage wub.gif tongue.gif

and yayyy for you and Vinnie being my LoM buddies!!! biggrin.gif

And I know, next year's gonna be torture. no full season of Dr Who sad.gif But yay! for Christmas...
    ooh, about the Christmas preview, one of the guys in it looked like Philip Glenister (Gene Hunt on LoM)... I didn't get a good look, and I haven't watched it again since originally seeing it, but if Philip Glenister is in the christmas special, that would be totally amazing biggrin.gif

haha, I have a sonic screwdriver that I just bought last saturday with my gift certificate to Newbury Comics. I've been carrying it like everywhere, it's so much fun biggrin.gif
    I also have a Tardis moneybank, a Doctor action figure, and a small remote control K-9 that I bought last christmas with my gift certificates.

I think I'd get the tardis phone charm, Kalinda. You can always get the dalek one later, anyways.
  • Okay, I'm gonna get the Tardis one. I can't wait for it to come! You're lucky to live so close to Newbury Comics Meg!

It's going to be so weird if I watch anything else with Philip Glenister in it because he was so good as Gene Hunt. I can't see him as anyone else.

OH! You know Beachwood Sparks? That band Farmer Dave was in? Well, they're playing a show here next month. Haha. I kind of want to go, but I don't even know what they sound like and I'm broke. I think I'd rather use my money to see Harry and the Potters next week.
  • YES. HatP is a much better use of money, sorry Dave's former band...
    they're incredible live. and Math the Band and Uncle Monsterface are pretty rad too smile.gif
    I went to UEE here in Boston, actually, the kickoff show.
    biggrin.gif it was pretty awesome.

and yeah, I know what you mean about Philip Glenister. Although, both he and John Simm are in State of Play, and they were both really really good in it. I think he's such an amazing actor that you'd be convinced of his character no matter what.

<3 Newbury Comics. It's such a rad store. They have Firefly action figures/toys too, and they had Robin Hood ones for a while.
  • ^^
    awww, yay Kalinda!! my birthday's soon so hopefully I can get my parents to let me use their credit card cool.gif there are a bunch of CDs I can never find at BestBuy that I want to get from that website too...

I did not know about the Doctor Who thing! man!! sad.gif that sucks so much booty. dry.gif

hmm. do you know if Farmer Dave's band is coming to L.A.? I need to do something...I'm so bored sad.gif hmm. that Harry and the Potters band annoys me, I'm not sure why...I just saw a picture once. :|

woo! I'm going to have myself a little LoM marathon today biggrin.gif

oh, also, pics!
    ARMS & HATTTTTTT <3

hehehe
  • isudfkhja;ksdjfa;lskdfka;jdfiresdfhkj those pictures are reallly, really nice

and aww, wub.gif HatP. their songs are hilarious, even if they're not the best musically haha.
    Plus, I'm kind of obsessed with the whole Wizard Rock scene thing. It's just brilliantly amazing, haha.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Jul 11 2008, 04:47 PM)
    YES. HatP is a much better use of money, sorry Dave's former band...
    they're incredible live. and Math the Band and Uncle Monsterface are pretty rad too smile.gif
    I went to UEE here in Boston, actually, the kickoff show.
    biggrin.gif it was pretty awesome.

and yeah, I know what you mean about Philip Glenister. Although, both he and John Simm are in State of Play, and they were both really really good in it. I think he's such an amazing actor that you'd be convinced of his character no matter what.

<3 Newbury Comics. It's such a rad store. They have Firefly action figures/toys too, and they had Robin Hood ones for a while.

They're playing two shows here which is good because I have to miss one.

Isn't J-Mac in State of Play too? I remember hearing about it and I was like, "I should watch this because it has J-Master AND J-Mac in it."

My stuff from Newbury Comics came today!! They were really fast. My sister only ordered it on Friday. Now for some pics, since I'm extremely dorky.

QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Jul 11 2008, 05:22 PM)
    hmm. do you know if Farmer Dave's band is coming to L.A.? I need to do something...I'm so bored sad.gif hmm. that Harry and the Potters band annoys me, I'm not sure why...I just saw a picture once. :|

They're playing at the Sunset Junction Street Fair on August 24. It's pretty cheap. $15 for a bunch of bands, but the lineup for the other day looks better.

Aww, Harry and the Potters are awesome...in their own dorky way. The older Harry even let me take a picture with his guitar.
  • hahaha awww cute pictures =)
    I totally have that sonic screwdriver and psychic paper.. mebbe I'll take matching pictures some day and post them haha

and yah, State of Play does have J-Mac in it too! <3 that's where I first noticed him/ became obsessed. it's actually a really good miniseries.

I got to legitimately meet Joe and Paul at the UEE in Boston, cause I signed up to do the Wizard Rock the Vote booth for the Harry Potter Alliance... it was really really cool.
  • I want that Doctor Who pen-light thingy! Does it make the same noise?

Argh! What is Paul wearing?!
  • D: D: D:

that's slightly horrifying... why, Paul, why?

actually, it looks like his head got photoshopped onto someone else's body.... or at least, I can hope...
  • ^nope. that's the o-g. he looks pretty terrible there, but in other pictures ohmy.gif ohmy.gif...yea.

I started downloading that State of Play thing! I'm excited now...is it a good show? well I don't really care as long as I get to see J-Mac and the J-Master.

oh and Kalinda! those pictures are adorable! aww. I want some stuff now sad.gif
    I checked that website and I don't listen to any of the bands on there so maybe it isn't worth it...
  • QUOTE (LolaBert @ Jul 15 2008, 09:11 PM)
    I want that Doctor Who pen-light thingy! Does it make the same noise?

Yes, it does! I'm going to use up the battery so fast.
  • Kalinda you are so ephing cool! Omg. wub.gif

Haha, in that Paul picture he's actually using a ribbon as a headband. Yep, very saucy.
    Oh and I don't know if I should post the beach pictures... has someone posted them? I can't remember. Seriously, I miss this thread like woah. Anyway, Paul has a new (not so much anymore) tat. It's actually nice. In fact, his entire chest is really nice. OK, so, I'll post a link to it and if you think you can handle shirtless Paul stroking himself then go ahead and clicky here. Don't say I didn't warn you... laugh.gif
  • Aww, thank you! You haven't been around in ages! I bought some caramel Tim Tams the other day and it made me think of you and how I want to go Australia and eat all the different flavors.

I remember seeing those pictures because my sister watches TMZ and sometimes I watch when I'm bored late at night and one time they were talking about Helena and her boyfriend and I was like, "But isn't Paul her boyfriend?" They didn't mention Paul's name though because TMZ doesn't even know who Paul is.
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Jul 22 2008, 09:24 AM)
    OK, so, I'll post a link to it and if you think you can handle shirtless Paul stroking himself then go ahead and clicky here. Don't say I didn't warn you... laugh.gif

I love how I look at the picture and what I notice more than the shirtlessness and the hand placement (although they are very nice ;) ) is "hey, is he getting some facial hair? weird" ..... yeah, lame, I know.
  • I have to bump this thread up right now because when I was working last week, a song came on and I wasn't really listening at first, but then I started to listen and I heard, "Cause today my heart swings" and I was like, "I know this song, but I can't remember who sings it" even though I've heard The Heinrich Maneuver like a million times before!! It took me like 30 seconds to figure it out and it was horrifying to know that I had been listening to the song for at least 2 minutes before I realized that it was Interpol. sad.gif
  • Found this on Apple's site. Makes me want to buy a red nano.

• ooh. that's pretty.

GUYS!

WE TOTALLY MISSED SAM'S BDAY!
    It's like, August 8th, right?
    damn, this thread died so much I ttly forgot about it.
    I'm sorry, Sammy! It doesn't mean we love you any less, I promise. For serious. Cross my heart and hope to die, all that jazz. Honest.

But that brings me to my next and just as important point-

IT'S OFFICIALLY MY DANIEL'S BIRTHDAY!
    In our time zone, anyways.
    YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

I stole some extra cake from the dining hall tonight so that Imaginary!Dan and I could celebrate properly when midnight came around. He's been having a lot of fun hanging around at an all-woman's college, let me tell you wink.gif
  • Aw, Happy Belated Birthday Sam!! Happy Birthday Daniel!! I'll send Imaginary!Dave over because I'm sure he'll love an all-women's college too. laugh.gif
  • Interpol made a QM appearance.