In this Discussion

the thread of amazing british tv

Comments

• Oh Buzzcocks is back this week?!?! That is BRILLIANT. What night?
  • Thursdays, I think.

It is sad that Bill Bailey is gone... he was epic... but it should still be good.

I'm excited, I've been having Buzzcocks withdrawal!
  • Yeah, according to Wikipedia, it's on Thursday.

I'm so sad Bill Bailey is gone!! I'm going to miss him, but if he's gone, I think they should have Noel as team captain again. It doesn't get much better than a motorbike made of jealousy.
  • thats what me and my friend kj have been saying, we want noel full time, as hes amazing
  • Noel would be SO amazing, but he might have too many other commitments.
    But we can still hope for the best.
    Cause seriously, nothing could be better than Simon and Noel all the time.
    And hopefully, even if they can't get Noel, they'll get someone equally as good. Hopefully.
  • I just had to add how much I love British TV smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Sep 28 2008, 09:03 PM)
    Buzzcocks is back this week!

bill baily has sadly left as a team captain, so we get 4 guest captains for the next 4 weeks

Mark Ronson's the guest captain this week. Eurgh, he annoys me.

And Harry from McFly is one of the guests! YAAAY!!!
  • Attention Fellow Americans:

IFC is now showing The IT Crowd!!!!!!!!
  • Quizmania is still one of the best british tv shows =p
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Oct 1 2008, 10:32 AM)
    Attention Fellow Americans:

IFC is now showing The IT Crowd!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, I'm still new to a lot of great British tv. What does IFC stand for and what is The IT Crowd? unsure.gif
  • I don't know what IFC is. I'm assuming you get it with cable, which I don't have. The IT Crowd is an awesome show that I never finished watching. I should get on that. Here's the Wiki page for it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_it_crowd
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Oct 2 2008, 12:11 AM)
    I'm sorry, I'm still new to a lot of great British tv. What does IFC stand for and what is The IT Crowd? unsure.gif

IFC = Independent Film Channel. And The IT Crowd is exactly as Kalinda said. BTW, it's I T, not "it".
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Oct 1 2008, 01:26 PM)
    Mark Ronson's the guest captain this week. Eurgh, he annoys me.

And Harry from McFly is one of the guests! YAAAY!!!

He was a good guest the last time, but I can't really see him captaining.. oh well.
    and really? Harry!? that's great, I can see him being a really good guest!
    lol, I was just hoping they'd have someone I knew on the show.
    now I can't wait- I'll probably have to watch it tomorrow, cause I have a lot of work today and then the vp debate.

The IT Crowd is hilarious. I love Richard Ayoade. If I was at home, I'd be able to watch it on the IFC. But I dont think that's included in the college's basic cable plan...

also, the American version of Life On Mars airs soon. I'm really nervous about it. I'll probably watch it just to see, although I know it won't be as good.
  • Re: Buzzcocks

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO SIMON'S HAIR!?! sad.gif

On a positive note, isn't it cute when Simon sneaks in Yiddish words?

Also, for those of you who missed this week's ep. You're in for a treat. laugh.gif
  • Where did you see it, Tempe?
  • oh that's so tempting to watch right now.
    butbut
    I still need to finish my homework, cause I wasted time watching the debate instead.
    gah.
    need. discipline.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Oct 2 2008, 11:27 PM)
    oh that's so tempting to watch right now.
    butbut
    I still need to finish my homework, cause I wasted time watching the debate instead.
    gah.
    need. discipline.

Oh no! Sorry, milkie. sad.gif I didn't mean to be a temptress. I am now listening to T.Rex's "Life's a Gas" in your honor.
  • And it all works out anyways, because I don't have classes today!
    yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I just watched it. Twas pretty good.
    It was obvious that Mark Ronson is no Bill Bailey, but he did a good job, considering. And he was a good sport about it. And I loved his glasses.
    All of the guests were pretty much on target, as well. They all spoke, and they were all pretty funny. esp. that Ralf Little. I liked him.

I'm not sure how I feel about Simon's hair. I think maybe he was trying to look older? as opposed to the bushy curls or the super short look, both of which make him look 12, haha.
  • i forgot to SKY+ it

so my thoughts will come on sat..