In this Discussion

Happy List

Comments

• QUOTE (Electra @ Oct 15 2008, 06:32 AM)
    My medic friend who looks like Davy Jones from the Monkees has the two OK Go albums. And apparently used to be obsessed with Get Over It.

wub.gif

Also - human dissection is AMAZING and my first essay is on diabetes (mwahahaha easy for me wink.gif) and I love it here!!!!!
    I'm not sure I've ever known contentment like this.

Is he short? I want to squeeze him! laugh.gif

Human dissection? Have you got to the lab part yet? We had to cut a severed head in half with a band saw blink.gif
  • No, he's not short, unfortunately... but he sort of talks in a similar way. Similar voice maybe. Slightly different accent though.

So far we've seen prosections of the spine and reflected the skin on the upper limb - we're working on the same body for the whole year so we might get to that kind of stuff later. YAY!
  • Alice I'm so jealous.

You're living the dream

And that makes me happy despite not even knowing you smile.gif
  • alayze (alice) can i name your dead body?
  • -getting free tickets to WAS/Kings of Leon on Friday
    -the Dodgers not going to the World Series
    -ketchup chips
  • YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

kings of leon AND ketchup chips!!!
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Oct 16 2008, 12:16 AM)
    Alice I'm so jealous.

You're living the dream

And that makes me happy despite not even knowing you smile.gif

Awwww, thanks Jen! It makes me happy that you're going to be living the dream soon, too. Two british medics on one board - what're the chances??! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (sweetness @ Oct 16 2008, 05:15 AM)
    alayze (alice) can i name your dead body?

Go for it Joezero. Someone named theirs Elvis but my group hasn't got that creative yet. Give us some ideas.

QUOTE (ezorvera @ Oct 16 2008, 06:03 AM)
    -getting free tickets to WAS/Kings of Leon on Friday

Jealous!! I spent £213 on Kings of Leon tickets, lol....
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Oct 16 2008, 01:03 AM)
    -getting free tickets to WAS/Kings of Leon on Friday
    -the Dodgers not going to the World Series
    -ketchup chips

- Awesome. I'm seeing that show on Nov. 15th.
    - I agree, because the Phillies are my National League Team. I do feel dirty having rooted against Joe Torre and Don Mattingly sad.gif. The presence of Manny Ramirez and Nomar Garciaparra does ease it slightly. Oh the inner turmoil!

Today's Happy List:
    - Open Mic last night was attended by my awesome coworker Caitlin and her amazing 4-year-old Nolan, who are now my two newest fans!
    - Playing Tic Tac Toe with Nolan, who is the most hilarious little cheater ever.
    - Nolan in general. When I went to pick him up from school as a favor to Cait a few weeks ago, he asked to listen to The Pixies in the car. Also he bugs his mom to listen to Rufus Wainwright. Did I mention that he is FOUR?!
    - Philadelphia is going to be an awesome place to be over the next few days.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Oct 16 2008, 06:43 AM)
    Go for it Joezero. Someone named theirs Elvis but my group hasn't got that creative yet. Give us some ideas.

im thinking 'mort' its clever
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Oct 16 2008, 09:42 AM)
    - I agree, because the Phillies are my National League Team. I do feel dirty having rooted against Joe Torre and Don Mattingly sad.gif. The presence of Manny Ramirez and Nomar Garciaparra does ease it slightly. Oh the inner turmoil!

hahahahaha. So the Dodgers get their management from the Yanks cast-offs, and their players from the Sox cast-offs?
    that's quite amusing.

Paper Towns came out today! You should all go buy it and read it and love it to death biggrin.gif
    It's by John Green, who is awesome upon awesome upon awesome.
    GO READ IT
    YAYYYYYYY
  • I've just had a caffeine overdose...ah happiness, artificial, but still... smile.gif
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Oct 16 2008, 06:42 AM)
    - Nolan in general. When I went to pick him up from school as a favor to Cait a few weeks ago, he asked to listen to The Pixies in the car. Also he bugs his mom to listen to Rufus Wainwright. Did I mention that he is FOUR?!

He is the definitely the coolest kid ever.
  • - these past two weeks finally being over
    - hopefully getting more time on here
    - Alice having an amazing time! smile.gif
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Oct 16 2008, 08:10 PM)
    He is the definitely the coolest kid ever.

OK, and now there's more. I loaned his Mom the new SDR CD and he made her play "They Got The Wrong Guy" over and over. That statement will be WAY cooler when you hear the song.
  • Ice-level (front row!) tickets to the Sens game toniiight!
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Oct 17 2008, 09:25 AM)
    OK, and now there's more. I loaned his Mom the new SDR CD and he made her play "They Got The Wrong Guy" over and over. That statement will be WAY cooler when you hear the song.

Wow! I would've totally thunk he would want The Fade to Black or Losing Eyeballs on repeat as they're so much more upbeat. Good thing he didn't want Elephants on repeat. Yes, aross sings "So shut the fuck up" in the nicest way possible, but yeah.

That boy's got some good taste. And he's only freaking 4?!?!?!
  • - urban outifitters fall sale... more specifically the dress i loved but didn't want to pay $68 for being on sale for $30!..
  • ANDY JUST MENTIONED ME BY NAME IN THE BAGGAGE CONTEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SO MANY THINGS

ROSA!!!! AHHHHHHH

- my alphabeat CD just arrived, yay danish music
    - I got a note saying a second parcel arrived and is waiting at the post office for me. YAY Rachel!!
    - Andy!!!
    - this:
    Adam Green playing on the KAZOO we gave him, in Hamburg at the Reeperbahn Burger King, where he signed the setlist THREE times, OUR KAZOO
    - alphabeat
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Oct 21 2008, 05:40 PM)
    SO MANY THINGS

ROSA!!!! AHHHHHHH

- my alphabeat CD just arrived, yay danish music
    - I got a note saying a second parcel arrived and is waiting at the post office for me. YAY Rachel!!
    - Andy!!!
    - this:
    Adam Green playing on the KAZOO we gave him, in Hamburg at the Reeperbahn Burger King, where he signed the setlist THREE times, OUR KAZOO
    - alphabeat

im claiming this is me =]

- suze