In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• According to Google, there's no one else on the internets with my name.

That's pretty freaking cool cool.gif
  • Holy crap batman
  • My neck hurts. I hate when I wake up with a stiff neck. I need an Andy rub.
  • This is my horoscope for today.

The decisions you make today are going to affect more than just your life -- other people are more involved than you realize. This doesn't mean that you should make different choices than you were planning to make, it just means that if you do, you should be prepared for some conflict -- not everyone is going to be happy. Is a compromise possible? You have always been someone who is open to new ideas and change, so investigate a way of making everyone happy.

It'd probably be ominous if I were voting today. Alas, I voted last Saturday.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Nov 3 2008, 08:25 PM)
    According to Google, there's no one else on the internets with my name.

That's pretty freaking cool cool.gif

There's no one on the internet with my name either. Yay for us!
  • Dear Middle Aged Men,
    Unless you were a rock star in the 60s or 70s, you are currently in show business, or you are an adorable Scottish talk show host named Craig, I AM NOT INTERESTED! Please cease and desist in your requests for an outing or else I will be required to take legal action.
    Signed,
    The Tempster
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Nov 6 2008, 07:57 PM)
    Dear Middle Aged Men,
    Unless you were a rock star in the 60s or 70s, you are currently in show business, or you are an adorable Scottish talk show host named Craig, I AM NOT INTERESTED! Please cease and desist in your requests for an outing or else I will be required to take legal action.
    Signed,
    The Tempster

Eeekies.
  • QUOTE (YoDoofball! @ Nov 6 2008, 07:08 PM)
    Eeekies.

Heh, would you like the story behind that?

...I went to a car mechanic today for an estimate. In the waiting area, there was a middle aged guy waiting for his car. As this was my first time at this particular mechanic, I asked the man waiting there if he felt the establishment was reliable and trustworthy. He told me about it. Then we just made the usual chit-chat you make while sitting in a mechanic's waiting area with strangers. Seemed like innocent small talk with a complete lack of romance, very boring conversation. His car was ready, he pays, he comes back. Another lady comes in to wait for her car. He then proceeds to mention a good Mexican restaurant downtown. The lady says it is a good restaurant. Her and I get to talking about cooking. Then middle aged guy very subltely brings it back to the restaurant and would I be interested in going to it. I said I'll have to check it out with some classmates and luckily that was the end of it and he left! After he left, the lady said to me, "I think he just asked you out. A bit old, isn't he?" And I've now decided to tell all interested middle aged men about Tetsu, my imaginary ninja boyfriend. I ought to be keeping tally of the middle aged weirdos that have asked me out. Gah, I'm not that sexy. I think the problem is that I'm too friendly and approachable as a person and that gets misconstrude by stupid men (why don't the smart men get it?)
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Nov 6 2008, 10:15 PM)
    Heh, would you like the story behind that?

...I went to a car mechanic today for an estimate. In the waiting area, there was a middle aged guy waiting for his car. As this was my first time at this particular mechanic, I asked the man waiting there if he felt the establishment was reliable and trustworthy. He told me about it. Then we just made the usual chit-chat you make while sitting in a mechanic's waiting area with strangers. Seemed like innocent small talk with a complete lack of romance, very boring conversation. His car was ready, he pays, he comes back. Another lady comes in to wait for her car. He then proceeds to mention a good Mexican restaurant downtown. The lady says it is a good restaurant. Her and I get to talking about cooking. Then middle aged guy very subltely brings it back to the restaurant and would I be interested in going to it. I said I'll have to check it out with some classmates and luckily that was the end of it and he left! After he left, the lady said to me, "I think he just asked you out. A bit old, isn't he?" And I've now decided to tell all interested middle aged men about Tetsu, my imaginary ninja boyfriend. I ought to be keeping tally of the middle aged weirdos that have asked me out. Gah, I'm not that sexy. I think the problem is that I'm too friendly and approachable as a person and that gets misconstrude by stupid men (why don't the smart men get it?)

Heh, Tetsu! Good idea!

And don't worry, honey, the smart people are just too nervous to ask out your extraorrrrdinary self! Just give them some time; they'll come around!
  • QUOTE (YoDoofball! @ Nov 6 2008, 10:20 PM)
    Heh, Tetsu! Good idea!

And don't worry, honey, the smart people are just too nervous to ask out your extraorrrrdinary self! Just give them some time; they'll come around!

Tetsu is a very famous person in my world. BTW, you wouldn't believe how hard it is to have a ninja boyfriend. He comes, he goes. He leaves me, er, interesting little gory presents--or sometimes pointy presents! Oh, Tets.

Aww, thanks, Nance! You're so sweet. tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Nov 7 2008, 04:53 AM)
    Tetsu is a very famous person in my world. BTW, you wouldn't believe how hard it is to have a ninja boyfriend. He comes, he goes. He leaves me, er, interesting little gory presents--or sometimes pointy presents! Oh, Tets.

Aww, thanks, Nance! You're so sweet. tongue.gif

Tets is a lucky man ninja indeed.
  • i can't help but giggle when my dog randomly picks up dog food off the floor on his way to the door to be let out...
  • lol, that would make me giggle too.

my dogs were so happy with the first snowfall, one of them was burrowing his face in the snow, etc.
  • quick question NY area boardies, which airport is easier to get around at: Kennedy or Laguardia? I only have experience with Newark airport.
  • Hm. That's a good question. I will ask my Dad. I don't remember having issues at either airport and I've been to both.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Nov 11 2008, 09:33 PM)
    quick question NY area boardies, which airport is easier to get around at: Kennedy or Laguardia? I only have experience with Newark airport.

Dunno' in terms of how easy it is to navigate the airports themselves, but where are you planning to go from the airport? 'Cause that's real important, too.
  • peace out, y'all
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Nov 12 2008, 11:58 PM)
    peace out, y'all

how cryptic
  • If we can sparkle, me may shine tonight.