In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• QUOTE (geezabird @ Nov 24 2008, 12:57 PM)
    I realised that I am one of the oldest people at gigs I go to now. I need to grow up sad.gif

Growing up is HIGHLY overrated.
  • Stressssssed. sad.gif

Lol, I just realised that my post number is just 50 more than the number of pounds I'm paying for my education this year. Random.
  • today I asked the first professor to write a reference for me. I'll ask the next one tomorrow. And start collect all my credit stuff from those past 3 semesters. And with a little luck I'll be spending some time in England next year tongue.gif Sheffield. Or Southhampton. Or Manchester.
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Nov 24 2008, 03:00 PM)
    with a little luck I'll be spending some time in England next year tongue.gif Sheffield. Or Southhampton. Or Manchester.

you should just go to shefhamchester...
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Nov 24 2008, 10:14 PM)
    you should just go to shefhamchester...

YES, that's right, now that you mention it. perfect place
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Nov 24 2008, 02:04 PM)
    Growing up is HIGHLY overrated.

Agreed. EDIT: I like to put the "im" in "immature."
  • QUOTE (geezabird @ Nov 24 2008, 12:57 PM)
    I realised that I am one of the oldest people at gigs I go to now. I need to grow up sad.gif

How in the world, at 19, are you one of the oldest people at gigs that you go to?? I'm 23 and I'm certainly not one of the oldest people there.

I do go to quite a few 21+ gigs, though...
  • So my brother's been 21 for over 7 months, but this is the first time he's come home drunk and I've been around to deal with it-

AND HE EFFING PEED INTO THE TRASH CAN

GRRRR

and it's Thanksgiving tomorrow, so my mom's stressed enough about company, without having to worry about cleaning up stale pee.

So I'm the only one awake at 2 in the morning, cleaning up my brother's mess.

Hooray!

(he doesn't usually come home drunk, and usually I love him and he's a great brother. But seriously. WTF.)
  • happy thanksgiving!..
  • I MISSED THIS!

EPIC WIN!

(Keep watching 'til 0:40)

• those bastards!
  • God bless America
  • home of the rickroll, goatse, and other things you shouldnt google
  • Greetings from Great Neck, Long Island! Lots of kosher stores around here and lots of nice shoe stores. Mmm, NY Jewish deli *drool*
  • have fun, Tempe!

Suddenly, I'm am listening to nothing but Beyonce. Suddenly, she has almost replaced Gwen Stefani as my modern female hero. I like that she wants women to be women and not have mannish, stick figures. I like that she encourages kids to work hard and didn't go to her prom cuz she worked so hard and still does. And her music is catchy!
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Dec 3 2008, 06:10 PM)
    Greetings from Great Neck, Long Island! Lots of kosher stores around here and lots of nice shoe stores. Mmm, NY Jewish deli *drool*

Umm, my boyfriend lives in Flushing. And I might see him tomorrow night. Perhaps we should meet up?? Haha.
  • hey, my grandparents live in Flushing!
    /random

• I attempted to remove myself from my room to study. I can't go to the library; it drives me insane. Too quiet, too much stress, too many people. It's all sorts of wrong.

So I try and curl up downstairs, wrapped in warm, comfortable clothing, studying statistics while listening to Chocolate Jesus. Through the window, I can see the tree that my roommate won from CAKE (seriously. It helps to have smart, sassy roommates because it occasionally means you have someone who will be able to answer obscure questions about trees posed by John McCrea about ash trees [my roommate does a lot of crossword puzzles]). We managed to lug the (ash) tree home on the metro and up our too many steps to the back porch. I think it's dead by now as we forget to water things and its below freezing. But it stands there, as a reminder: if everything else falls through, at least we're smart and sassy as is.