In this Discussion

Few Great OKGO articles

Comments

• I am going to google to find out where one would find a blank deck of cards. I'm just really curious as to where he got them.
    whoa, Damian is so cerebral and that is INSANELY SEXY!
    THAT'S not news, of course...

FU$K!
  • QUOTE (bullshituous @ Jul 22 2008, 03:13 PM)
    I am going to google to find out where one would find a blank deck of cards. I'm just really curious as to where he got them.
    whoa, Damian is so cerebral and that is INSANELY SEXY!

FU$K!

Ok, so after a one second search I found about a thousand options on where to buy them. So they're def. not hard to find.
    It makes me want to illustrate my own tarot deck.
  • QUOTE (MyFavoritePerson @ Jul 22 2008, 05:09 PM)
    Here's a picture:
    I feel bad because I kind of led the guy on that I or a friend might buy it... so you better buy it Alice! smile.gif The people that run the store, who are super nice btw, are going out of town but will be back the 29th.

I told my parents about the cards, who said that, if we have enough money when we're in L.A., I can buy the pack of cards!!! They actually said yes!

I might have to go for it.
  • alie shall be the queen of cards!
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Jul 22 2008, 05:00 PM)
    I told my parents about the cards, who said that, if we have enough money when we're in L.A., I can buy the pack of cards!!! They actually said yes!

Yay Alice! Now I don't feel bad, haha. And if anyone should buy them it should be someone on these boards. Kind of like with Olive the inflatable reindeer. Except this is much cooler.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Jul 22 2008, 05:00 PM)

You have the weak US dollar on your side. Right now, $195 USD = £97.73 GBP
  • We should all chip in and buy it and then we can mail the deck to each other, you know like Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, except it would be Sisterhood of the Traveling Deck of Damian Cards.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Jul 22 2008, 06:44 PM)
    We should all chip in and buy it and then we can mail the deck to each other, you know like Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, except it would be Sisterhood of the Traveling Deck of Damian Cards.

I love this idea!!
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Jul 22 2008, 04:44 PM)
    We should all chip in and buy it and then we can mail the deck to each other, you know like Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, except it would be Sisterhood of the Traveling Deck of Damian Cards.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Nice title

Meh, call me a skeptic, but I don't think it's so exciting or valuable. Even if I lived close to the store and could see it everyday, I still wouldn't care.
  • Just a little quote from Damian.

http://www.boston.com/ae/music/articles/20...23/brash_tacks/

For all the fresh influences, Longwave's new album still maintains the lush romanticism the band has always favored. Longtime fan Damian Kulash of Los Angeles-based OK Go, which plays the Paradise on March 12 before taking Longwave out as openers on a string of East Coast dates, says Longwave's deeply felt music sets the band apart. "The type of music they do would have been really cool in the early '90s, but was not particularly cool when they started doing it," says Kulash by phone during a break from recording a new record. "It seems to me like it fits again in some way - actually beautiful music, and music with a soul, as opposed to music with a snarl or a grimace."
  • I was just going to post that same link. What's EXTRA cool about that, and I totally only just made the connection, is that the article talks about Longwave "founding guitarist Shannon Ferguson and founding drummer Jason Molina's side project Falcon..." which opened for Secret Dakota Ring in September. Shannon's the guy who Becky pointed out looks like Roland Orzabal (from Tears For Fears)! I was looking at pictures of Longwave over the weeks since they were announced as the opening act for this tour thinking "Why does that guy look so familiar???"!!! Incidentally, they're on Original Signal, which is the label that Ingrid Michaelson, my college classmate, is on.

• QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 23 2009, 06:54 AM)
    I was just going to post that same link. What's EXTRA cool about that, and I totally only just made the connection, is that the article talks about Longwave "founding guitarist Shannon Ferguson and founding drummer Jason Molina's side project Falcon..." which opened for Secret Dakota Ring in September. Shannon's the guy who Becky pointed out looks like Roland Orzabal (from Tears For Fears)! I was looking at pictures of Longwave over the weeks since they were announced as the opening act for this tour thinking "Why does that guy look so familiar???"!!! Incidentally, they're on Original Signal, which is the label that Ingrid Michaelson, my college classmate, is on.

That is super crazy!

Now I have to post Roland's pic.

Roland Orzabal, er, Shannon Ferguson
  • A nice little question and answer with Dan.

Nightcrawler: One for the Niffer
    OK Go okays a Nightcrawler interview.
  • http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/music/chi-0417-ok-go-musicapr17,0,5177573.story

KALAMAZOO ENTERTAINMENT
    In this one scroll down to where it says..... Other notable pop music accomplishments by Kalamazoo residents or natives there us a little mention of Timmy there.
  • Nice article. Looks like we can look forward to our summer. =D
    So, what should the audience expect?

“A whole lot of rocking!” Konopka said. “A couple unexpected musical left hooks. Maybe some intense video accompaniment. A shitload of confetti. Not too sure about any dancing.”

For Reals. Especially about the confetti. This is not an environmentally sustainable tour.