In this Discussion

Happy List

Comments

• i got rmoveved by mlb media... must have been super ballsy

but yeah happy cuz:
    -yeah smile.gif

-um smile.gif

-sigh smile.gif
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Apr 28 2009, 05:53 PM)
    First and foremost, apologies in advance to all Yankee fans (I have no team loyalties when it comes to sports... except the Habs), but I just thought this was so cool:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P1b0RN2sB4

If nothing else, it's just REALLY BALLSY

I know without looking that this is a clip of Jacoby Ellsbury stealing home biggrin.gif
    And yes, it's freaking amazing. wub.gif
    Especially because I am definitely a Sox fan.
    tongue.gif

Neil Cicierega is a freaking genius
    And I still love Animorphs hardcore. I own all the books, all the spin-offs, and I have the whole tv series on my computer.
    Such a great series. My god.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Apr 29 2009, 12:58 AM)
    Neil Cicierega is a freaking genius
    And I still love Animorphs hardcore. I own all the books, all the spin-offs, and I have the whole tv series on my computer.
    Such a great series. My god.

YESSSSSSSSSSSS I was OBSESSED with Animorphs when I was younger.

My friend told me she could morph and I was so jealous that I told her I could as well. We then remained pissed at each other for a couple of weeks, each thinking that the other could morph.

Ohhh and the Hork-Bajir. It's all coming back to me now.
  • Changing out my purse last night, I found confetti from the Double Door show. Oddly enough, it was closed the entire night but some still managed to find its way in. Ninja-fetti methinks.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Apr 29 2009, 08:50 AM)
    Changing out my purse last night, I found confetti from the Double Door show. Oddly enough, it was closed the entire night but some still managed to find its way in. Ninja-fetti methinks.

KATY. DID YOU SEE THIS?!?!?!

(I felt it was necessary to point it out)
  • God. I love Cirque du Soleil. I know it's ridiculous, but it makes me so incredibly happy. I thinks it's absolutely fascinating what the human body can do.

I've been inspired to start stretching again. The first time I saw Cirque about 5 years ago, I decided that I wanted to be a contortionist (forget that most start when they're about 5 and limber like noodles). I stretched almost every day and discovered that my back (and knees) are double jointed, which doesn't mean much but means I can bring my foot around back to touch my head. I'm hoping that after a couple of weeks, I might be able to get back to it. It's dumb and I'm bound to accidentally pull something, but I like being flexible. Besides, I'm awkward and lanky, so it's nice to put my gangliness to good use
  • That's awesome, Amy! I wish I were flexible. But I'm so short, there's simply less of me to bend, I think... I can curl up into a ball and go to sleep, that's about as contortionalistic as I'm going to get.
  • I took this down before because I got shy, but I'm actually oddly proud of it, so whatever.
    I used to practice all the time and got to the point that I could do this pretty easily:
    It's not fantastic, but I was thrilled. I can still go down into a backbend without falling over, but I can''t bring my hands as close to my feel as I used to.
  • - poetry slam, so much fun
    - sunny days in the park with strawberries and compliments tongue.gif
    - boyfriend adding secret dakota ring to his fave music and telling me how much he likes that one song Paolo sings wub.gif
    - my project for the most important seminar in my uni years... Kate Fox talking about pub etiquette ... seriously, I have an englishness seminar and I need to write a 20-pages paper, any ideas for a topic?

- Oh oh, forgot: I'M GOING TO THE TARZAN MUSICAL ON THURSDAY!

- AND: THE MACCABEES!! and I have tickets
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ May 2 2009, 05:49 PM)
    seriously, I have an englishness seminar and I need to write a 20-pages paper, any ideas for a topic?

- Binge drinking/alcohol culture
    - Ridiculously high rates of teenage pregnancy/sexually transmitted infections/general uselessness at safe sex
    (I'm portraying England in such a fab way, aren't I?)
    - Oxbridge universities? (wooo!)
    - Sexual repression
    - Euroskepticism?
    - Cadbury's!

Hmmm I'll keep thinking. Those are generally what I think of when it comes to Englishness lol
  • QUOTE (Electra @ May 2 2009, 01:35 PM)
    - Binge drinking/alcohol culture
    - Ridiculously high rates of teenage pregnancy/sexually transmitted infections/general uselessness at safe sex
    (I'm portraying England in such a fab way, aren't I?)
    - Oxbridge universities? (wooo!)
    - Sexual repression
    - Euroskepticism?
    - Cadbury's!

Hmmm I'll keep thinking. Those are generally what I think of when it comes to Englishness lol

LOL! Alice! I thought for a second that was your happy list and I started to feel very nervous for you! I thought someone might need an intervention.

How bout also, the amazing music contributions of the United Kingdom? That's all I can think of when I think England.
  • Hahahaha go, imagine if that WAS your happy list! If I ever get like that, someone shoot me, please!!
  • ang and i's 2 year anniversary/boardaversary came and went smile.gif
  • Feels way more than two years smile.gif
  • - I have a pre-dental minion, consisting for four adorable college boys who do whatever I say and worship me in the hopes that that will somehow get them into dental school

- The pre-dental minion lad who very vaguely resembles Tim but not really at all gave me a really cool cd of a guy singing acoustic Portugese versions of David Bowie songs.

- Same pre-dental lad paid a huge compliment and said that he was initially scared of pediatrics and could never see himself doing it, but by working with me, his fears about weary children have been completely reversed. He says I exude such patience and a friendly vibe that instill trust in even the most fearful child, and has made him even more excited about trying to enter the field. Now, is part of this maybe just some kissing up so I'll write a nice recommendation? Maybe. But I'm smiling because I'm not yet a pediatric dentist, but I've already inspired the next generation to go into the field. (Ha, next generation, he's only four years younger than me, but in dental land, that's a big gap.)

• aoilghleaihglieahglieahgliajfkljakfj
    I'm so happy!!
    (So, I was majoring in Art but planned to Minor in Music or something, but haven't been able to take any music classes yet, but now I'm not doing art and I'm just switching to a Music Major)

And I passed my Music Theory placement test that I had to take to be able to take music theory classes. I've already failed it once. And I was really nervous about it this time, too, because there were still a lot of the things on the test that I didn't know, so I was afraid I was gonna fail again. But I didn't!!

And I had to take a Sight/Ear placement test again and pass it. I failed this one the first time too. For this test, the person giving it plays notes on a piano and you have to match the pitch by singing it, and sing it in tune. Well, the first time I took this test, a year ago, I didn't even know I had to do this! It came by complete surprise. We had to take both of these tests when we went to do our audition to get into the music program.

So, when I got there and they were like "Ok, now you're going to take the Sight/Ear test" I was like...what? I didn't even know what it was. And people were saying that we had to sing. And I'm like....CRAP! I don't sing! Like, I've never had to sing in front of anyone before. I play trumpet! And then all of a sudden I was suppose to match pitches and sing in tune and sing a major and minor triad. Not to mention I was nervous as heck because I know I don't sound amazing when I try and sing. No wonder I failed the first time...But I practiced for this one since I knew what I had to do. And I passed it too!!! YAY!

Now, I just have to RE-AUDITION!! Kind of a long frustrating story. But basically the music program people made a stupid mistake and for some reason even though my acceptance letter said that I was accepted for either Music Minor OR Major, (cuz I wasn't sure which one I wanted at the time since I was going to major in Art) "that doesn't work" and if I want to switch to Major in Music I have to audition again. Stupid Whatever it's not that big of a deal. And that's the only thing left now!! I'm done with all my finals and everything!!! Yay!! So, that's all my happy biggrin.gif

• Ooo, that's a lot to be happy about! Wow, what a brutal screening they put you guys through. You're going to nail the audish!
  • Wow, good luck Rebekker! That sounds intense D:

I'M DONE WITH FRESHMAN YEAR OF COLLEGE FOREVERSSSSSS
    Just turned in my last paper.
    So freaking relieved that it's over.

And and and, I get to go home tonight! whoooo!
  • my soon to be new car

called rusty, due to its colour...and slight rusting issues