In this Discussion

The official Album number 3 thread

Comments

• QUOTE (katieyellow @ Jan 6 2010, 10:46 PM)
    p.p.s i may or may not have taken the day off of work jan. 12th... true story.

<3

also i'm wondering if the vinyl release will have like a digital download option... my pocketbook can't see itself buying both versions but I guess It will if there isnt a digital download or maybe just go with the cd.

I'm always down for paying a little more for vinyl if theres a digital download.
  • As promised, for a school assignment I had to make alternative artwork for a CD. I choose for 'Of The Blue Colour Of The Sky'.
    Here is the artwork and the limited edition. Hopefully the boys have some time after their concert in Amsterdam on the 22th so I can hand over a copy, I have 3 biggrin.gif

• That's really gorgeous. smile.gif
  • Wow thats impressive. really turned out great. awesome job
  • That is some incredible artwork. It's so beautiful.
  • Wow, that's incredible Joris. Really gorgeous.

SDLFJHADJFGSDFKGJHSKDFG MY PRE-ORDERED CD (AND POSTER) CAME TODAY. IT'S SO PRETTY. SOSOSOSOSO PRETTY.

Also there's a ridiculously cool explanation behind the cover art and it's so awesome. Like legit I didn't think much of the album cover but now that I understand it, it's 1000 times cooler. It, and the whole liner notes are basically the most ridiculously amazing and nerdy thing ever. I don't even know how to explain it, but akdjshfaldhgakdjhf. I kind of don't want to spoil it for anyone, so I'm not gonna say any more about it, except OMG <3

akjsdhfakjdg I just put it in my computer and apparently iTunes put the genre as "Unclassifiable". That made me laugh for some reason.

Also if anyone pre-ordered the album with the signed poster, it's very pretty. It's the picture of the 4 of them staring out the window, and I'm very happy with it.

ALJKHDGLJKSHDFKGHSDG HAPPY.

Brb listening some more =D
  • Ahhh now I'm really anxious for mine to come! It shipped out a couple days ago so it should be here sooooon. Can't wait to have something they've actually TOUCHED.
  • joris... that is wicked awesome. seriously! kudos! i hope you get to give them one as well : )

i wish iTunes would have let me pre-order... wait, i wish i could have USED my iTunes store... *frustration*
    I am jazzed for Tuesday. Ang and I are gonna get up and go get the cd's and then listen all day.
  • Thanks for the nice comments regarding my artwork. I really do hope I can give them one! smile.gif
    That would be my first time meeting them, too.. Love is in the air!
  • um, I just went to preorder from iTunes and now am already listening to it... (which just completely blew my mind, iTunes saying released Jan12th, when it's only the 11th today? ooookay? )

And also, I figure this is the thread being most read atm so I just post a question, because I cannot decide. So I considered going to at least one show in Europe (because, let's face it, they won't return for another year and a half...), but cologne is a 4 (probably 5 or more considering the nice german weather right now) hour drive away. So then there is copenhagen and amsterdam. (another trip to another country for OK Go? ...well, we did it before, should work..) But I just dunno, cause the dates are more than unconvenient sad.gif why WHY only so few dates on european mainland??
  • Come to Amsterdam. Brilliant venue and you see me!
  • QUOTE (Joris @ Jan 11 2010, 09:28 AM)
    Come to Amsterdam. Brilliant venue and you see me!

That would be really cool indeed ... (but do I manage to go there and return next day in time to give a 90 minute presentation in my linguistics course at uni? ... eeeeeeh

(have to talk to my driver, haha... )
  • The vid for This Too Shall Pass is up. Click me!

Also, choir practice for The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien. So glad they added the "no" for the "live" version.
  • kadjhfka the This Too Shall Pass video <33333

I'm ecstatic, to say the least.

Also can I just point out how much the piccolos rocked their entrance? <3333

so goooodddd smile.gif
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Jan 11 2010, 05:10 PM)
    The vid for This Too Shall Pass is up. Click me!

whoa! what a fun video! they look good in uniform.

also, i love damian's attitude in this vid. it reminds me of his attitude in the cinnamon lips vid. he's all "check me, i got this!"
  • Won't you look at the time. Pre-order from iTunes has been downloaded. Louisiana Land and White Knuckles remix have been listened to, both are rad btw. Now I get to hop in the shower and start my day. At least I'll have some new music to listen to. Well, re-listen to anyway.

Happy OK Go day everyone!
  • http://www.altpress.com/features/chalkboard_okgo.htm is a *really* great interview with Damian.

I was up at midnight, trying to download my pre-order, except stupid iTunes wouldn't let me (and according to twitter, someone else had the same problem), so I cancelled my pre-order and bought it straight out. The problem with this, of course, is that it means I don't have the White Knux remix. I still got Louisiana Land though, so I'm generally okay.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 12 2010, 07:21 AM)
    http://www.altpress.com/features/chalkboard_okgo.htm is a *really* great interview with Damian.

I was up at midnight, trying to download my pre-order, except stupid iTunes wouldn't let me (and according to twitter, someone else had the same problem), so I cancelled my pre-order and bought it straight out. The problem with this, of course, is that it means I don't have the White Knux remix. I still got Louisiana Land though, so I'm generally okay.

I can email it to you when I get home tonight, if you'd like. Sorry iTunes was teh dumb for you. My pre-order wasn't ready until about 2 am CST based on the email they sent me.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Jan 12 2010, 08:48 AM)
    I can email it to you when I get home tonight, if you'd like. Sorry iTunes was teh dumb for you. My pre-order wasn't ready until about 2 am CST based on the email they sent me.

Noooooo is midnights! Must have CD AT MIDNIGHT!!!

I think that's what they mean when they say "Good things come to those who wait." Oh well. I'm going to get it anyway.