In this Discussion

all known OKGo songs

Comments

• ^^ I would suggest purchasing the You're Not Alone EP off of iTunes as all proceeds go to Sweet Home New Orleans.

You can also pick up the HIGA UK Surf version from the Banana Republic City Stories website. At least I'm pretty certain it's still available there.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Jun 25 2009, 05:49 PM)
    ^^ I would suggest purchasing the You're Not Alone EP off of iTunes as all proceeds go to Sweet Home New Orleans.

You can also pick up the HIGA UK Surf version from the Banana Republic City Stories website. At least I'm pretty certain it's still available there.

Yeah I know that the money is for a charity project,there's just a little problem:
    My parents forbid me to book something via Internet because they don't want to indicate their
    bank code -.- That's so depressing!! I've ask a friend of mine if she could book it for me
    but her parents don't want to book it either. Does anybody know if 'You're Not Alone' is available
    on Amazon?? Because another friend of mine often books something on Amazon and I could ask
    him if he could book the EP for me . wink.gif
  • QUOTE (PinkMuffin @ Jun 25 2009, 02:50 PM)
    Yeah I know that the money is for a charity project,there's just a little problem:
    My parents forbid me to book something via Internet because they don't want to indicate their
    bank code -.- That's so depressing!! I've ask a friend of mine if she could book it for me
    but her parents don't want to book it either. Does anybody know if 'You're Not Alone' is available
    on Amazon?? Because another friend of mine often books something on Amazon and I could ask
    him if he could book the EP for me . wink.gif

Err, are they worried about just their bank account number? Or their credit card / debit card numbers as well? Because you can create a Pay Pal account and have it hooked up to a card but not verify your bank account number, if that's the issue. Either way, Pay Pal is rather secure and I've never had a problem with it.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jun 26 2009, 05:02 AM)
    Err, are they worried about just their bank account number? Or their credit card / debit card numbers as well? Because you can create a Pay Pal account and have it hooked up to a card but not verify your bank account number, if that's the issue. Either way, Pay Pal is rather secure and I've never had a problem with it.

Oh don't ask me!! I don't know. XD I think I should ask them another time because it's really depressing
    when you aren't allowed to book something via internet.My parents are so old school.... dry.gif
  • I just found this topic... believe it needs updating with 13 awesome new tracks smile.gif
  • I believe you may have missed "Don't Bring Me Down", originally by Electric Light Orchestra. I believe OK Go performed it at the Main Street Arts Festival in Fort Worth Texas a few years ago. Can anyone confirm that memory?
  • They have performed it live quite a few times. You can actually purchase the acoustic version of it off iTunes. It's on the Live from SoHo (iTunes Exclusive) EP.

I don't have access to iTunes here at work so I can't provide a link, but I'm sure you can put in a search for it and it'll show up.

• beckysioux said:

They have performed it live quite a few times. You can actually purchase the acoustic version of it off iTunes. It's on the Live from SoHo (iTunes Exclusive) EP.

I don't have access to iTunes here at work so I can't provide a link, but I'm sure you can put in a search for it and it'll show up.

I have that, of course. I just didn't see it Don't Bring Me Down in the list of live covers in the original post.

Laugh

• They also did a Father Christmas cover.
  • I didn't see it on the first post, and i can't be bothered looking through 10 freaking pages! but they've done studio recording cover of the Pixies "Gigantic", TMBG's "Letterbox" and of The Kinks "Father Christmas"…

There's some Live videos recorded by Triple J when they were in Australia, they did acoustic version of This Too Shall Pass and "Wave of Mutilation" originally by the Pixies

You can grab them off the JJJ podcast http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/tv/vodcast/vodbyteMusicMp4.xml

Also, I'm really keen to hear the other TMBG covers they've done :D

• Byron Green III said:
    beckysioux said:

They have performed it live quite a few times. You can actually purchase the acoustic version of it off iTunes. It's on the Live from SoHo (iTunes Exclusive) EP.

I have that, of course. I just didn't see it Don't Bring Me Down in the list of live covers in the original post.

Laugh

The original post can't be updated anymore because the person who posted it is no longer using the boards.  See the date?

And this is why we need the button that brings us automatically to the most recent post.

• I hope this is the right place to post this...

I recentley lost a lot of stuff off my computer and included in this was Appendices. (or Apprendices? There's variations on it and I'm not sure which is correct...)

I've been searching for it for weeks on the internet to no avail, but I would be ever so grateful if someone could send it to me!

Thanks Laugh

On a side note; does everyone else have to do math problems to post, or is it just me?

• It's Appendices (the plural of "Appendix").  Someone on here will send it to you, I'm sure.  I'd offer, but I'm complete pants at large file transfers.  We all have to do math to post now, it's to prove we're real humans and not spambots.

• Awesome.

Thanks for that info!

• Edit: Sorry about the double post, my computer is being a total screw up. x_x

Does anyone know how to delete double posts?

• Hey I've been looking for Appendices too (and really, anything that wasn't available on iTunes) and since okgocentral is defunct, and the email addresses are either empty or hacked, I've been having a really hard time. Can I get them from someone? Pretty please?

• BUMP!

Hey I know it's a double post, but this needs to be bumped…

Can I please please please get Appendices from someone? Also, any covers or things that arent commercially available or on Youtube…

• I second Aidan's request. I have a scant few of those. I haven't got, for instance "The Boys Are Back in Town" and "Crimson and Clover" (and, really, I don't want that one... and shouldn't ever hear it... and absolutely MUST have it!).

Actually, I was just in this thread to check which Talking Heads' songs besides "Psycho Killer" they've done, because a little birdie told me there were more, and tonight Talking Heads is my "editmusic" (it's like "writemusic" only it has to have more variation or oddness to keep me alert while I attempt to make sense of other peoples' ideas of what constitutes language, not to mention proper use Yell).

So my shuffle starts with "Gangster of Love" and I'm all about that groove, so I'm thinking, "OK Go should cover this." Then I encountered a review that failed to mention the title or the artist at all, and committed so many sins against my native tongue that I suspect the "writer" comes from another galaxy. I had to leave the desk to collect my patience, which had just exploded and scattered like confetti around the room. While finding shreds behind the sofa bench, "Road To Nowhere" played, and I thought, "OK Go might have covered this, and if not, totally should do so."  

How much does it worry me that OK Go intrudes upon my thoughts about other bands' music now? Um. Quite a lot, actually. But then, "Popsicle" came on. OK Go has to cover "Popsicle!" That's what brought me to this thread. It would be perfect. Perfect and devastating. Possibly not appropriate for OK Go's youngest audiences, or indeed the older audiences, given that I personally find every member of OK Go much more physically attractive than I find David Byrne. However, since when are OK Go about being appropriate? "Popsicle" is musically an ideal fit and sounds as though it'd be fun to play. Plus, I know I'd melt if I ever heard the guys perform it.

Of course, I'd melt at "Crimson and Clover."

• I'm not ignoring your requests, ladies.  I'm just hoping someone else helps you, to be honest, because as I said before, I am complete pants at this sort of thing.  But let me see what I can figure out. 
  • ChristelAdina said:

Of course, I'd melt at "Crimson and Clover."

I did not know that OK Go covered this song but every time I hear it I think to myself "This is a fantastic song. OK Go REALLY need to do this song!"