In this Discussion

Don't Ask Me. Have a question about OK Go/Paracadute? Come on in and ask away!

Comments

• Thankyou for telling me.  I have to tell you it was driving me crazy.

• Here's a companion video for you.  It's me, Liz, Hannah, Tat, and Adam on the train home from the London gig in question.
  • Where was the Damian apologizes clip shot?
  • Umm I *think* it was Hamburg?
  • I have another question.  Who is the fifth guy in this interview?  And what happened to him?  
  • That would be Burleigh Seaver, childhood friend of Damian.  He used to play keys for the guys before Andy Duncan left the band.  The guys went looking for someone who could play both guitar and keys, hence replacing both of them.  Burleigh was never an actual member of OK Go, from what I understand, just a hired keyboard player for gigs.  I did see him play with the band back at my first show in 2003.  There's A Fire.  Live.  Oh Yes.

And the best thing (I know) about Burleigh Seaver?  The spoonerism of his name is Surly Beaver. Laugh
  • Thanks, my roommate asked about him and I didn't know the answer.  I lost 2 cool points :(
  • Rachel, you are a fountain of knowledge. Laugh

And don't worry, Becki- I would probably lose points for that, too. 
  • silver12 said:

Rachel, you are a fountain of knowledge. Laugh

When I was in high school I was a member of the Academic Bowl team (ie Trivia team).  My teacher/coach always said "We've got the math and science guys, we've got the history and art guy, and then we've got Rachel on Miscellaneous Bullshit."  That's what I do; remember miscellaneous bullshit. ;-)
  • A friend on YWP NaNo told me that Damian was a Draco Malfoy fan... maybe. She wasn't sure. I came here to confirm. Is he?
  • I'm not sure, but I could have sworn I had seen him wearing a Gryffindor scarf a few years ago.
  • DJRose said:

silver12 said:

Rachel, you are a fountain of knowledge. Laugh

When I was in high school I was a member of the Academic Bowl team (ie Trivia team).  My teacher/coach always said "We've got the math and science guys, we've got the history and art guy, and then we've got Rachel on Miscellaneous Bullshit."  That's what I do; remember miscellaneous bullshit. ;-)

Ha! I love this. :D I was on Knowledge Bowl (I'm assuming it's that same thing) the last three years of high school, too. Couldn't do it this year, though, because I have way too much stuff to do. But I loved it, it was a lot of fun.

You're very handy to have around, Rachel. :)
  • Does anyonje know the story behind this pic of Damian?

http://grainnerhuad.blogspot.com/2011_04_01_archive.html (about two thirds down the page.)
  • This one:

It was a photo shoot for a magazine. I think it was Sassy or Seventeen.
  • It's Jane magaizine.  All the photos are here: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/2201756.html
  • Thanks guys, it was a mystery to me and I never handle those well.  I have one more question about this and then I can drop it.  There is a picture out there somewhere (alas lost to me due to the death of my last computer) with Damian on stage holding up an enormous blow up of that same pic, showing it to the audience.  Anyone have any clue what that was all about?

And on an unrelated topic, who sings "I Shall be Released" on "You're not Alone?" It doesn't sound like Damian at all.
  • He was either showing it off or making fun of himself or both. I don't know the answer, someone else might, but I'm thinking it's a mixture of both.

Al "Carnival Time" Johnson is the vocalist on "You're Not Alone".  Damian said that he put Al's vocals through a program to make it sound like multiple Als singing.

Edit: What I meant was, he's the vocalist on "I Shall Be Released". I really need to read what I write before hitting post.
  • Whenever the Jane magazine photo comes up, Damian makes fun of his skinny white ass.  He definitely does not see this as something to brag about. 
  • DJRose said:

Whenever the Jane magazine photo comes up, Damian makes fun of his skinny white ass.  He definitely does not see this as something to brag about. 

What ass?