In this Discussion

OK Go quotes

Comments

• Skylar, is that from a show at Toad's Place in New Haven?
  • OH GOSH, where to begin... assuming you all got the classic ones outta the way...

from when OK Go came to Brazil, both from Damian:

"We know that you really really like your flag, and everywhere you go you carry a flag with you. which, if we did as americans, we'd get shot everywhere."

"We know that instead of fighting you dance fight, which is the fucking coolest thing I've ever heard. I sort of feel like the 1980's were built around that concept but, it just... didn't happen"

_______

"What we do is we try to sort of blow people's hearing during the first song, and kind of stretch their attention to the limits..by giving them like, you know, feedback for 5 minutes. cuz now everything else will live in your imagination, I presume you can't even hear what the fuck I'm saying. So, if things go right, this is already been the best show you've ever been to" - Damian

_______

talking about the White Knuckles 3D in Vermont:

Damian: We have never shown the world except for the last two cities we played in -

Tim: That was Canada, so that doesn't count.

Damian: No, they're good people, they just don't tell anybody anything, so, our secrets are safe there.

______

"I'm Damian Kulash from the band OK Go, I represent the band OK Go and all white people. That's not true. All americans. ALSO not true. But... we're okay with the whole Sleepover thing *thumbs up*"

______

Someone was taping Damian talking and he goes, "Youtube, I'm not saying anything funny, fuckers!"

"Maybe Tim will kick Andy in the balls and you guys can have a viral video...nothing does better than cats, boobs, and kicking in the balls!"

"If it's the case that you are sitting down because you're worried about the people behind not enjoying the show...fuck those people (...) If you're sitting down because you're medically unable to stand up, then I'm sorry I said that."

ok, I could honestly go on forever.

• I love the bit Damian says about if Stephen Hawkings is behind you, then sit your ass down, but if not, fuck the people behind you and stand. Mayhaps someone could dig up that specific quote for me, since I'm awesome ANDWink lazy?
  • It's from the Boston show, Spring Tour USB:

"If you are lazy as fuck, you can stay seated now. But if you're sitting down because you're worried the people behind you won't be able to see so well, well fuck those people. I mean if you look behind you and Stephen Hawking is there, then yeah, keep your ass seated. But if it's somebody who can rightfully stand and doesn't want to, that's their fucking problem."

• THANKS!! It's always win when a rock band mentions Stephen Hawking.
  • OMG Caporia is awesome.

We are good people :3 Us and our Timmies.

Those made me laugh really hard Laeticia. Thanks!

• "shut the fuck up, it's church time!" - damian
  • somewhere that was not Chicago, quoted by a friend of mine, so it was probably on the UK?

(no freaking idea though)

Damian: "So, we came from Chicago…

crowd goes "wooohooo''

WHAT? Are you guys from fucking everywhere? shut up!"

• I just discovered the interview from LifeMusicMedia  (Feb. 2010) with this quote that made me giggle:

DK: Our live shows tend to be pretty collaborative. We really need to mesh with our audience and our fans are really good at getting that. Dan the other day, out of the blue said ‘I think our show is sort of a big, solid but exciting cow,’ and I was like ‘What, dude?’ and he was like ‘it’s a cow.’ And I said ‘I think it’s more of a dragon,’ so it’s somewhere between a cow and a dragon.

• jamdkoff said:

I just discovered the interview from LifeMusicMedia  (Feb. 2010) with this quote that made me giggle:

DK: Our live shows tend to be pretty collaborative. We really need to mesh with our audience and our fans are really good at getting that. Dan the other day, out of the blue said ‘I think our show is sort of a big, solid but exciting cow,’ and I was like ‘What, dude?’ and he was like ‘it’s a cow.’ And I said ‘I think it’s more of a dragon,’ so it’s somewhere between a cow and a dragon.

Haha I remember reading that somewhere. How true, how true.

I've been meaning to post some quotes on this board but most of my favourites have already been posted! This is such a beautiful thread. It's like an abundance of super-sweet-dopeness-redonkey-kong-deliciousness as Damian would say... oh hey that's a quote right there! Damn, I'm good.

• laeticia said:

somewhere that was not Chicago, quoted by a friend of mine, so it was probably on the UK?

(no freaking idea though)

Damian: "So, we came from Chicago…

crowd goes "wooohooo''

WHAT? Are you guys from fucking everywhere? shut up!"

That's the Boston show from the Spring Tour USB. :-)

• So I love this thread, and it'samazing, and the world needs more OK Go quotations compiled in one easy-access place, but the title drives me INSANE.

And I know that'san obnoxious thing to post, and it can't be changed, but it's been driving me insane for months and I reallyreally needed to get it out there.

Quote is a verb.  Quotations is a noun.  >> << >>

[/englishgeek]

Sorry. ><

• Hahaha. I didn't notice that until now, but now that you mention it, it is a bit bothersome. Oh well, I guess nothing can be done about it. Just bask in the awesomeness of this thread and try to not think about it XD
  • Paraphrasing from Damian, since I can't remember the whole thing:

" My dad challenged me to not say fuck that many times, but I guess I kind of broke that."

From the Club Nokia show 12/27/10.

• Tim's "fine pectoral" comment, I can't remember exactly what he said, though.

Here are a few good ones from the Boston show on the Spring Tour USB, when Damian was talking about the USBs:

"It's our way of saying, 'you are being watched.'"

"Are you sitting at home making f***ing telegraph machines!?"

From the same show:

Damian: We will not be webcasting this show.

Tim: Aww…

Damian: Why the f*** do you care?  You're here.

"We recently did some shows in England, and usually in the U.S., the people in the front row will be yelling random syllables strung together or 'FREEBIRD! FREEBIRD!'  In England, they're like, 'I'm going to go get some chips!' and then they disappear for 3 songs and then they'll be back with some French fries." -Damian

"I knew someone would have their laptop here.  Are you from MIT, sir?" -Damian

Those last two I was paraphrasing because I can't remember exactly what Damian was saying, but I know basically what he said.
  • "Why the f*** do you care?  You're here."

!!  LOL.

*Edit:

"Maybe Tim will kick Andy in the balls and you guys can have a viral video…nothing does better than cats, boobs, and kicking in the balls!" 

I was just silently shrieking with my hand over my mouth at that.  He kills me.
  • sherib said:

"Why the f*** do you care?  You're here."

!!  LOL.

*Edit:

"Maybe Tim will kick Andy in the balls and you guys can have a viral video…nothing does better than cats, boobs, and kicking in the balls!" 

I was just silently shrieking with my hand over my mouth at that.  He kills me.

I love that one.

Okay, I think I remember now.

"You want to see a major injury?  Check this out."  (Opens shirt) "Oops, that's just a fine pectorial."

Yes, I know it's "pectoral."  But that's not what Tim said.

Edit: Laeticia, if I am thinking of the show that your friend was talking about, it was in Boston, and to be more exact, it was:

Damian: So, the band started in Chicago.

Crowd: Woo!

Damian: What, are you from every f***ing city in the world?  Shut up, I'm talking.

That was on the Spring Tour USB.
  • A gem from Ex'Pression:

Tim: I peed all over myself too.

Damian: Wait, was it just the water looking like that, or was it-

Tim: A little of both, actually.
  • MooseMoose said:

A gem from Ex'Pression:

That was actually Andy that peed all over himself.
  • beckysioux said:

MooseMoose said:

A gem from Ex'Pression:

That was actually Andy that peed all over himself.

I think it was that they were saying that it looked like Andy peed all over himself, then Tim chimed in with that.

Edit:

The conversation got weirder from there:

Damian: Tim was like in this totally awesome zen space.

Tim: Yeah, I was...floating...oh man, I just said that on the Interwebs.

Damian: That's a good place for it, your best comments usually end up there.