In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jun 21 2006, 08:04 PM)
    My name is Amy. However, my very slavic grandmother can't pronounce hard "a"s. So, when my mother first brought me over as a very tiny baby, the convo went something like this:
    My mom: "her name is Amy."
    Grandma (in a very thick Ukrainian accent): "I'll call her Emily."
    Mom: ".... .... ... what?"

This is why my grandma calls me "Emy" rather than "Amy." It's wonderful.
    Second story: today I went to a carnival and went on a kiddy rollercoaster. Since I was with two friends and we couldn't fit three people into the really tiny seats, I sat with a little girl a couple of rows ahead. She didn't talk the entire time, but was so awesome. I convinced her to turn around and throw the "rock on" sign to my friends whenever we rounded the corner. She looked so proud of herself. I taught a little girl how to rock out propery.

So, Tonetoile, why aren't you writing down these hillarious stories and making them into a book? I will be in charge of the publicity campaign for that awesomeness of a book. biggrin.gif

My cousin is named Kent. My grandmother wanted him to be named Avrum, which is Hebrew for Abraham. My uncle refused to name his child Abraham or Avrum. So for the first few years of his life, my grandma called my cousin "Avrum-ala" (little Abraham), whether my uncle liked it or not.
  • OMG, I'm going to a zoo tomorrow!!!
    I'm almost as excited as the times I got to camp out in the other zoo with the Girl Scouts.

Panama City Beach ZooWorld - everyone be there at 10AM sharp. We'll get a group discount.
  • hahahahaha for the longest time my father (well he still does this)
    always finishes statements or requests to me with "a papa" which was his way of saying in our dialect/slang - for dad our do thjis for your father or whatever...

nehhoo - all of mty friends thought my nickname or name was apapa
    that is all i have sorry folks i wish it were funnier
  • hahahahah! i just opened the "newbie" thread the one with almost naked damian and then realized I was at school, and anyone who looked at my screen would have thought I was a creep. So i quickly closed it and giggled to my self.
  • My parents didn't even have a boy's name picked out for me. If I'd been a boy, I probably would've ended up with a ridiculous name cause it would've been completely spur-of-the-moment. Lucky me, instead I got the same name as 50% of the world. or at least the girls at my school.

oh and even better, my initials are STD. wacko.gif
  • std? that is fkn amazing

just like if u get your phd in theology you can be considered to have your sacred theological doctrine
    std...

i love the irony
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Jun 22 2006, 04:19 PM)
    oh and even better, my initials are STD. wacko.gif

My two friends' initials are both BLT. biggrin.gif

If I ever have twin girls, I'm going to name them Brienne and Brielle. If I just have one daughter, I'll probably wind up naming her Kimberly Elizabeth, the first name after my mom, and the second 'cause I like Elizabeth a lot. Or maybe Elizabeth Kimberly. But I feel like that doesn't have the same ring.

I like James as a middle name for boys a lot. I also like the name Kellen a lot. I'm not going to tell you what other names I really like, 'cause you're all going to laugh at me. tongue.gif

Mind you, I don't really want to have kids. laugh.gif

I just made a LOT of really delicious cupcake batter...I want to eat it instead of baking it...mmm...batter....
  • Double post, woohoo!

Here is today's finished baking project:

Egg Cupcakes!!!! biggrin.gif
  • THOSE ARE ADORABLE! and probably tast delicious as well!
  • random i know. but i love my new hat i got(user pic and the rest are on my myspace)!! i need to buy more hats now.
    wooohooo for hats!!!
  • K katy - i want that recipe to your cupcakes!

denise - as i mentioned to u on myspace - YOU NEED TO MAKE A PURSE FOR THAT SEXY ASS HAT
  • It's a Tim-like hat! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (vinyl_days @ Jun 22 2006, 09:31 PM)
    random i know.

That's why this is the random stuff thread. wink.gif

QUOTE (RoRo @ Jun 22 2006, 09:37 PM)
    K katy - i want that recipe to your cupcakes!

They are teh yummy! Well, I haven't eaten a full cupcake yet, because I ate too much batter (HAHA), but the batter was yummmmy! As was the frosting.

I shall message you the recipe...unless anyone else wants to see it here???
  • QUOTE (RoRo @ Jun 22 2006, 08:37 PM)
    denise - as i mentioned to u on myspace - YOU NEED TO MAKE A PURSE FOR THAT SEXY ASS HAT

i need to get one, i might go to the puma outlet store and i'm totally buying another purse!

yep kat tis a hat like tim's. i need to get one cause it looked rad on him and i was like damn i want to be rad like tim!

dude those cupcakes look fanastic!!
  • People named Tiffany should die. mad.gif
  • ok so clearly some girl named tiffany needs to be shot

how can your fellow rose help?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jun 22 2006, 09:49 PM)
    People named Tiffany should die. mad.gif

NOOOO! don't say that. my little sis is named Tiffany. sad.gif
  • k all stupid retarded ppl named tiffany who are not your sister.....should be shot
  • QUOTE (vinyl_days @ Jun 22 2006, 09:44 PM)
    yep kat tis a hat like tim's. i need to get one cause it looked rad on him and i was like damn i want to be rad like tim!

dude those cupcakes look fanastic!!

Hee hee, I knew that's why you got it. wink.gif You are totally rad like Tim.

And those cupcakes are fantastic- I just had one, in spite of my batter-induced stomachache. I just typed up the recipe for RoRo, so I might as well share it with all of you:

White Cupcakes:
    Ingredients:
    3 cups all-purpose flour
    2 1/2 tsps. baking powder
    1/2 tsp. salt
    2/3 unsalted butter, softened
    1 3/4 cups sugar
    2 eggs
    1 1/4 cups milk
    1 tsp. vanilla extract

Instructions:
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degree, line cupcake tin with liners or foils. (Or you can wait to do that later. Whatever.)
    2. Mix flour, salt, and baking powder in medium bowl.
    3. In a separate, larger bowl, cream the butter. Gradually add sugar, creaming until light and fluffy.
    4. Add the eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
    5. In a small bowl, combine vanilla and milk.
    6. To the butter mixture, add about one quarter of the flour mixture and mix well. Then add about one quarter of the milk mixture and mix well. Keep alternating until everything's mixed in and smooth.
    7. Pour batter into cupcake tins. The recipe says back for 15-20 minutes; I had to bake mine more like 25 minutes, so you may have to bake yours longer.
    8. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes, take them out of the cupcake tin, and let cool completely.

The recipe says this makes 14-18 cupcakes; I got about 24.

Fluffy Frosting:
    Ingredients:
    1 cup milk
    6 tbsps. all-purpose flour
    1 cup unsalted butter, softened
    1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
    1 tsp. vanilla extract

Instructions:
    1. Put milk and flour in a saucepan and whisk until its smooth. Put over medium heat and stir constantly; the recipe says that you should bring the mix to a boil for one minute and then take off the heat, but my mixture never boiled. Basically, you're waiting for it to start to get really thick and smooth, and then take it off the heat and let it cool. (And remember to stir constantly!!!)
    2. In an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar, and vanilla for a couple of minutes until light and fluffy.
    3. Add the cooled milk and flour mixture and keep beating for a few more minutes, until the forsting is soft, light, and fluffy.

Making the "eggs":
    1. Frost the cupcakes; the messier, the better, 'cause then they'll look more like eggs.
    2. Buy two cans of canned apricot halves. Drain the apricots in a colander and put them on a paper towel for a few minutes, so they're less watery/syrupy.
    3. Put one apricot halve on top of each cupcake to look like an egg!

Have fun! They're reeeeeeeally good cupcakes- my mom just had one and was like, "Wow! That's a damn good cupcake!" biggrin.gif The recipe is from a book called Hey There, Cupcake!, and there are a LOT of really cute cupcake ideas in there. You should all check it out.
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Jun 22 2006, 06:53 PM)
    NOOOO! don't say that. my little sis is named Tiffany. sad.gif

Oh no! I take that back then. I didn't know you and Fel had another dynamic sibling! I'm sorry. Your baby sister is very adorable I'm sure. Ok, only the Tiffany I'm thinking of should be shot! She got on my bad side real bad today. Badly. Ok, now I'm just totally enjoying using the word "bad."

Roro, my dear, what you can do to help is beat this Tiffany up for me and cut off all her long blond hair.

And on a COMPLETELY unrelated subject, that reciped looks really yummy, jedi_grrlie. I'm gonna try it this weekend!

Wow! Was that not the most schizo post you've ever read?
  • hahahha no ive read/written worse LOL

nonna rosa will take care of her dont worrry !