In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• So apparently The Strokes are doing a lip synching contest now.

I saw one of us does it.....on treadmills.....
  • QUOTE (God @ Aug 16 2006, 09:35 AM)
    Phwoar. Now to endure all of Season Six with Jonas Quinn, not that he's bad but he's no Daniel Jackson.

WOW. blink.gif That is beautiful.

Jonas is pretty cute but it's true, he doesn't compare. Are you watching them on DVD?

I missed so much drama in this thread! madness. Good luck to everyone with all their issues/boy problems/hair cut nightmares/school/stress (boy do I understand that one)!
  • So, I just got an iPod today.

Yeah. smile.gif
  • Yay!! What kind?

P.S. Backseat Kiss is making iPod covers soon!
  • ^ that's always fun!

does it play videos?

QUOTE (agentnumone @ Aug 17 2006, 02:38 PM)
    So kiss me goodbye.
    Honey I'm gonna make it out alive
    So kiss me goodbye.
    I can see the venom in their eyes

hey!

that's the snakes on a plane song!

I can't decide if I like it or not. I mean, its catchy, but its also annoying sometimes.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Aug 18 2006, 11:40 PM)
    So, I just got an iPod today.
    Yeah. smile.gif

Congrats! smile.gif And I thought I was the only human left without one!

That will be remedied soon, though. I have a strong feeling I'm getting one for my b-day, and if not, a friend just upgraded and will sell me their old one cheap. Yeah.
  • Haha, they play the video during the credits. My friends and I jumped up and started singing it as everybody was walking out and eventually it was just us and the staring janitor lady. I totally stole the hilarious hand-drawn sign they made pointing people to the right auditorium. (We have the tiniest theatre ever, haha.) It was this whole elborate cartoon of the snakes.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Aug 19 2006, 12:43 AM)
    Yay!! What kind?

P.S. Backseat Kiss is making iPod covers soon!

It's a 30 gig black video iPod. The Nanos are just too small, I think.

P.S. Yay! I need one. Also, I'm digging the mixtape bookbag...
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Aug 19 2006, 03:42 AM)
    WOW. blink.gif That is beautiful.

Jonas is pretty cute but it's true, he doesn't compare. Are you watching them on DVD?
    I missed so much drama in this thread! madness. Good luck to everyone with all their issues/boy problems/hair cut nightmares/school/stress (boy do I understand that one)!

Yes, I heart my Box Sets. I currently have Seasons 1 - 6 on DVD and when I get paid on Tuesday I'm going to buy Seasons 7 & 8. Season 9 just came out on Box Set in Australia and I'm seriously PISSED OFF 'causae the box doesn't match the other EIGHT freaking seasons and now my collection won't look all pretty like it used too.

Startgate hasn't had much love in Australia. I fell in love with it after I started watching it on the Old School cable channel (which plays Old School TV shows so the episodes are always ancient). Season 9 started playing on commercial TV a few weeks ago but the times are always changing so it's hard to keep up with, which is why I just stick to Box Sets. I haven't seen Seasons 7 & 8 so I'm excited to see them. Weeee.

PS

God he'ssohot.
  • So I was organising my huge-ass memories box, and I just came across - hang on, Kevin Sorbo is wrestling a fake alligator on MAD TV....

All right, I just came across a bunch of old cards and stuff from my ex-best friend, and for the first time in two and a half years....I kind of miss her.

But not enough to be friends again, haha.

Also, is it just me, or did anyone else notice this on the JC:

BEHOLD!

Hello. Welcome to the OK Go Juggling Club. Blah blah blah Street Team blah blah blah Help OK Go blah blah blah Win Prizes blah blah blah FUN!.

Your fearless leader is Captain Internet. The interim leader, Captain Cyberspace, didn't work out. He's Captain Junkpan, now.

Feel free to email CaptainInternet@okgo.net with any questions you might have, comments you'd like to make, ideas you'd care to float, or celebrity rumors you're wont to squash.

Haha, Captain Junkpan. Bets on whether or not this is Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore joking around or Rusty taking back his job....
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Aug 19 2006, 02:39 AM)
    Haha, Captain Junkpan. Bets on whether or not this is Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore joking around or Rusty taking back his job....

Rusty?! How's he involved?
    I'm confused and uninformed. huh.gif
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Aug 19 2006, 04:07 AM)
    Rusty?! How's he involved?
    I'm confused and uninformed. huh.gif

*coughCaptainInternetwasreallyRustycough*

*innocent* biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Aug 19 2006, 03:38 AM)
    *coughCaptainInternetwasreallyRustycough*
    *innocent* biggrin.gif

ohmy.gif How do you know???

And did he ever do anything readable over there? Post anything? And was that Captain Internet email addy in existence then? And did anyone email him and get a response? And ... and ... and ...

?

And back to randomness,

it's about to rain here, it's windy, and it smells really good.

smile.gif
  • Some absolute nob just basically said that I was a big fat liar and that I didn't work for this band and that I didn't get a tour bus back with them. When I did. He's sooooo annoying. But he's very ugly (and not only on the outside), so that makes me feel better hahaha.
  • He's totally jealous. Or just a prick, I guess.
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Aug 19 2006, 05:14 PM)
    that I didn't work for this band and that I didn't get a tour bus back with them.

??
  • hmm...

one of my favorite-est bands ever, Interpol, just signed with Capitol records and I don't know what to think.

On one hand, its cool that they and Ok Go are now labelmates.

on the other, Capitol hasn't exactly impressed me in relation to Ok Go, to say the least.

i dunno. maybe its not that big a deal.
  • I just think it's funny that so many of their fans are like..enraged by this.
  • oh i know.

I don't mind that they signed to a major. I mean, it was bound to happen.

actually, I've been semi-lurking on the Interpol forums just to see the reaction. those boards are so awful... everyone seems to hate each other and yell at each other for random stuff and stuff.
    It's kinda sad, but kinda funny.
    and the reactions have been priceless... "INTERPOL SELLS OUT!"
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Aug 19 2006, 09:29 PM)
    oh i know.

I don't mind that they signed to a major. I mean, it was bound to happen.

actually, I've been semi-lurking on the Interpol forums just to see the reaction. those boards are so awful... everyone seems to hate each other and yell at each other for random stuff and stuff.
    It's kinda sad, but kinda funny.
    and the reactions have been priceless... "INTERPOL SELLS OUT!"

I repeat what my mom said when I told her about people complaining that Franz and OK Go were selling out by being in TV commercials and what-not:

"Nobody nobody goes into the music business wanting to be a nobody."

To which my friend Will added:
    I can just imagine a bunch of guys in a van driving to a gig going, "My dream is to be really obscure!" "Ooh, let's do that!"

Haha.

Anyway. People are silly sometimes. I've only just started listening to Interpol, didn't realise they weren't already on a major label....

Also, if you like Interpol, you'll probably like Cut Copy. They actually sound a bunch like Interpol, haha. But they're good, I saw them open for Franz.

QUOTE (sherib @ Aug 19 2006, 06:12 PM)
    ohmy.gif How do you know???

And did he ever do anything readable over there? Post anything? And was that Captain Internet email addy in existence then? And did anyone email him and get a response? And ... and ... and ...

?

Errr....don't remember who told me, but someone must have figured it out. It makes sense- he's a total computer geek, and it seems like whenever there's been a long stretch of non-blog updating, the JC hasn't been updated, either. And the few random blog entries sound like his writing, as Kikky pointed out.

The Capt. Internet email addy has always been in existence, so someone's probably emailed him and gotten a response.

I just made the assumption that Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore was Captain Cyberspace, 'cause he's been the one updating stuff on the JC lately, and that "Captain Internet rusted away" message sounded like Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore's writing. Oh, that's another thing, they keep using the word "rust" a lot, but I dunno' if that's coincidence or not...