In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 7 2007, 03:41 PM)
    ohmy.gif
    really???

wow!!

*hugs*

we'll get through it together, babe
    Yeah! biggrin.gif *hug* Both my parents are type 1. I'm somehow not, but getting there... lol, I've developed a revulsion for chocolate. blink.gif Blech. It just tastes bad to me. I always feel gross after eating it.
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Apr 7 2007, 08:00 PM)
    Yeah! biggrin.gif *hug* Both my parents are type 1. I'm somehow not, but getting there... lol, I've developed a revulsion for chocolate. blink.gif Blech. It just tastes bad to me. I always feel gross after eating it.

No chocolate...well that sucks...

awwwww

*hugs for both of u*

theres diabetes and cancer in my family...but idk if im gonna get it, hopefully not...chances r im getting the cancer part...idk y but i think im gonna die of cancer...i hope not, but things like that can't be avoided.
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Apr 7 2007, 09:00 PM)

You don't like chocolate?
    WOW.

Awww I hope you don't get it. Do your parents inject themselves then?

I don't do injections anymore biggrin.gif
    I have an insulin pump, so I can still eat chocolate

QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Apr 7 2007, 09:07 PM)

awwwww

*hugs for both of u*

theres diabetes and cancer in my family...but idk if im gonna get it, hopefully not...chances r im getting the cancer part...idk y but i think im gonna die of cancer...i hope not, but things like that can't be avoided.

Ooooo I hope you stay healthy Vinnie love smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Apr 7 2007, 04:07 PM)

awwwww

*hugs for both of u*

I never really liked chocolate so it's not like I'm missing out on anything. biggrin.gif I didn't mind it before, but now it's just gross.

I hope you don't get either sad.gif Stay healthy!!

Yeah, my parents have little thingies... that they do stuff with blink.gif I don't really pay attention LOL
    My dad has this thing that he calls "the mini vampire". He pokes his finger with this pricky thing and then lets the machine suck it up and analyze it smile.gif It tells him the blood sugar level and then he gets to decide whether he'll go running tonight or not. It's lots of fun. Ohh yeah.
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Apr 7 2007, 09:17 PM)
    My dad has this thing that he calls "the mini vampire". He pokes his finger with this pricky thing and then lets the machine suck it up and analyze it smile.gif It tells him the blood sugar level and then he gets to decide whether he'll go running tonight or not. It's lots of fun. Ohh yeah.

Yeah I've got one of those biggrin.gif
    I've gone thru so many of them, either coz I got bored or because I stepped on it tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 7 2007, 08:12 PM)
    Ooooo I hope you stay healthy Vinnie love smile.gif

chkl, thanks.

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Claret @ Apr 7 2007, 08:17 PM)
    I never really liked chocolate so it's not like I'm missing out on anything. biggrin.gif I didn't mind it before, but now it's just gross.

I hope you don't get either sad.gif Stay healthy!!.

chkl, idk how ppl can not like chocolate...but i guess thats like me not liking icing.

coolio
  • I don't get how people can't like fruit... then I remind myself I don't like chocolate and that's not normal! I looove fruit. It's all I eat. That, and italian buns... yummy. sleep.gif
  • Yes, I've been skating.

My grandfather died of acquired diabetes. He was a tastetester for Nestle chocolates. ohmy.gif

I've two girls in my advisory class who are diabetic, one of whom has to get a shot everyday. sad.gif
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Apr 7 2007, 05:46 PM)
    My grandfather died of acquired diabetes. He was a tastetester for Nestle chocolates. ohmy.gif
    I'm sorry sad.gif (That's such an ironic death...)

p.s. Hey! I just noticed, but you're a thousandaire! Congrats biggrin.gif
  • courtney! how i've missed u so...

i hope u've been good, ur recently posts lead me to believe u haven't.

QUOTE (Claret @ Apr 7 2007, 08:55 PM)
    I don't get how people can't like fruit... then I remind myself I don't like chocolate and that's not normal! I looove fruit. It's all I eat. That, and italian buns... yummy. sleep.gif

fruit is awesome...

vegetables r gross..totally

what r these italian buns u speak of???

im hungry
  • I love vegetables! Not as much as fruit though. I like broccoli and celery. Yummy. I want some now...

Italian buns are... buns that are italian? I dunno how to define them. I'll take a picture of them for ya the next time I go to the bakery wink.gif
  • fruit sounds good..
    i want strawberries, but good ones! i got some from the dining hall place the other day and they weren't sweet at all! maybe its still a little early in the season? not sure..
    and i want mangoes.. but thats a summer fruit so anything out now is gonna be yuck.

on a random note, my college (UCSD is split into six diff colleges that basically determines your residence and GE requirements) is having a semi-formal dance at hard rock cafe.. i really want to go.. but i don't really have that many friends here so i dunno if i'd have fun..
    but i like dressing up sometimes! and dancing woo! sigh what a conundrum.
  • If you went you could make some friends. tongue.gif It is a social event, after all!
  • Thanks, Dani, yes I am a thousandaire!

Oh, Vinnie, I missed you all too, but I have been well. smile.gif
  • staaying behind a hour at work telling ghost storys was fun

the working part of work was not though

blah
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Apr 7 2007, 10:46 PM)
    Yes, I've been skating.

I've two girls in my advisory class who are diabetic, one of whom has to get a shot everyday. sad.gif

I'm sorry about your grandfather. That's an awesome job tho smile.gif
    I used to take 4 shots a day, that was NO fun whatsoever.

QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Apr 7 2007, 10:57 PM)
    courtney! how i've missed u so...

I miss you too Courtney!!!

How can you not like vegetables, Vinnie???
  • ohmy.gif Another vegetable lover!! We are meant to be!
  • Oh, obviously smile.gif

Dani- greatest pizza in the world -

cheese + tomato, obv
    roasted peppers, eggplant, zucchini and red onion.
    and olives.

fucking gorgeous.
  • I hateth vegetables...I've never eaten more than two piece, but look how I turned out...!...Okay, not a very good statement there.

Oh, Electra, shots are awful, unless they come in a tiny glass and are a cool-tasting liquid.
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Apr 7 2007, 10:50 PM)
    Oh, Vinnie, I missed you all too, but I have been well. smile.gif

Courtney, my love....so good to hear from u! still a genius? of course.

QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Apr 7 2007, 10:51 PM)
    staaying behind a hour at work telling ghost storys was fun

oooo i love ghost stories...i always get too scared tho.

QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 7 2007, 10:54 PM)
    How can you not like vegetables, Vinnie???

not all of them...i like brocoli and lettuce, but like eggplant - gross!
    QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Apr 7 2007, 11:13 PM)
    I hateth vegetables...I've never eaten more than two piece, but look how I turned out...!...Okay, not a very good statement there.

chkl... another vegetable hater

coolio