In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ May 8 2007, 06:10 PM)
    This old lady kept calling my mom over the summer and leaving messages for "Jim," even though my mom clearly states in her voicemail greeting, "Hi, you're reached Kim..."

In fact, at one point, this lady left a message in which she said, "Hi, Jim, when did you change your name to Kim?"

Oy.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (mixtape @ May 8 2007, 08:25 PM)
    Americans are like that with Canada, too. "OH! I have a friend who moved to Canada! Do you know Sarah?" then I humour them with "Oh, probably. What province does she live in?" "The..the one that starts with a V, I think."

Haha!
    I may have to try that....
  • It's especially silly considering we're the second-largest country!
  • electra mectra dear - you are so right..
    generally americans are rather ignorant and don't even try to learn about another culture and stuff.. they're too busy like "i'm american bitch!" and its like uhh okay dude..

but i must say.. england is pretty tiny - i mean its not an excuse for people to assume that you know someone on the opposite end of the nation, but i mean look at a globe and it looks like its not even twice the size of california. haha im sorry but i get jealous when musicians tour the UK for like ever playing the same cities like 10 times.. maybe because you guys have better musical taste? yeah probably..

dude keep saying awesome! its such an awesome word!! cool.gif

and kay, thats quite hilarious - people can be so stupid.. canada is massive!

aahhh my eyes are like burning! alsdkfdj
  • woot you can hear the entire Rufus Wainright Album on www.mtv.ca ... click on Mtv drops Rufus on the scroll thinger near the side...

im not sure if only canadians can listen..... unsure.gif try your luck if you wanna take a gander...
  • I'LL BE HEARING THAT SHIZ LIVE IN LIKE 32 DAAAAYYS!
  • im EEEEKKKing for you right now Mixxy!
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ May 9 2007, 03:32 PM)
    I'LL BE HEARING THAT SHIZ LIVE IN LIKE 32 DAAAAYYS!
    BOOOOOO!

When I went to find tickets they were crappy seats, way at the back of the thing. I was like NO. I'll just wait until he comes here again or something. Which may not be for another while unsure.gif
  • Did you try when they added the second show?
  • Yeah sad.gif I was going to buy tickets in person, and then they were like "These are the best ones we have" and I was like damn it. Lol. I don't have a credit card. sleep.gif
  • That sucks. I'll console you with pictures.
  • OOooh, please do. wub.gif
  • !!!! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Rufus Wainwright
    8/29/2007
    Show London, ON CAN / Centennial Hall « just added

OMG. RUFUS in MY LONDON. Centennial Hall is literally beside my school. Like... they almost touch. It's a 10-second walk. Ommgg. And I've played there before, for a piano recital! Isn't that crazy? Rufus and I are going to have played in the same hall...

Screw driving 2 hours to Toronto and sitting in crappy seats laugh.gif Excuse me while I burst into flames (of joy and rapture) smile.gif smile.gif
  • Excuse me for a second, but..

LUCKY WENCH.

*ahem* Have fun!
  • Heee!!

You have fun at your show, too! biggrin.gif You need to tell me how amazing it was afterwards.
  • As you are both my wives, would either of you lovely dears like to smuggle me in? Maybe??? smile.gif
  • sometimes you wake up in the morning with the bassline, a ray of sunshine
    sometimes you know today you're gonna have a good time, and you're ready to go...
  • ... ive seen a million faces... AND IVE ROCKED THEM ALLL!
  • wohhh oh ohh o woah... you didn't stand a chance, but you got carried away,
    what happened to romance? is this the fate of today?
  • QUOTE (Electra @ May 10 2007, 09:57 AM)
    As you are both my wives, would either of you lovely dears like to smuggle me in? Maybe??? smile.gif
    But of course. wink.gif