In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Nov 14 2005, 11:22 PM)
    ooh whats the name? i mightve heard of them.

East ramapo Marching Band or ERSD Marching Band
  • QUOTE (justbelieve87 @ Nov 14 2005, 10:46 PM)
    so... anybody else doing anything extremely exciting the next few days?

umm, trip to an observatory than movie night with my friends thursday, getting really drunk and going to a college football game and hoping to see our team beat VA Tech on Saturday followed by a long night of frat parties, going home on Sunday and SEEING OK GO!!!! that night (everyone cross your fingers that I make it to the show, it's not a sure thing yet). And then I have next week off for Thanksgiving so I'll be seeing all my high school friends for the first time in months.

QUOTE (giggleguy @ Nov 14 2005, 11:44 PM)
    I went protesting today

what did you protest?
  • I protested against john howards new law things, bloody dickhead
  • nyes....

so in the office i have been pelted by airhead candy!

twas fun...now it is war!
  • Today my friends and I had to sit by the lunch line in lucn today because some stupid person took our table. Random people in line would listen to our conversations. Why?

My school's new principal came in my 4th hour today (Art III), and was looking at our oil paintings. He comes to me, looks at mine, smiles and says, "I like this, it's very nice. Purple is my favorite." And does this weird eyebrow raise thingy at me when he said that. I looked at him like, "What the fuck?" and said "Uhh, thanks . . . ?" Weird.

He made the four loudest people at my lunch table go take out the garbage yesterday too! Luckily it wasn't me. But my friend Jessica and I couldn't stop laughing. My friend Natalie was one of the people and she started screaming, "I'M NOT LOUD!!!! WHY THE HELL DO I HAVE TO TAKE THE GARBAGE OUT!!!!!??????"

We just laughed more. It was great. biggrin.gif
  • I'M GETTING SNOW TOMORROW! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I'll have a snow day this week . . . . hmmmmmmm. I hope so, cause I still get out the same day! UNDER CLASSMEN DON'T! HA!
  • first snow is fallin today.
  • ^ hah! i already had snow.
    real snow, too. it stuck and everything.
    back in OCTOBER.
    and we had to go marching in it.
    actually, playing Hey Jude while marching in the pretty snow was actually one of those 'moments', ya know?
    I'll never forget it. twas fun, other than the fact that we were outside in 20 degree weather.....
  • My school's marching band played music by John Williams.

They played "Rebel Blockade Runner" and "The Imperial March" from Star Wars, The Harry Potter theme, the Indiana Jones theme, the Jaws theme, and the Superman theme at half time.

It was really awesome. I think it was the best the band has done so far.
  • ^ thats wicked cool!

we tend to go for the more traditional stuff, the Beatles this year was the only thing slightly rock and roll-ish in ages. and it was still completely band instruments- we didnt even have a guitarist in the pit this year, but we did last year for west side story.... and before that for the phantom of the opera.
    the kid who played guitar before decided to join his friends in battery. and everyone else was afraid to join pit because the staff lady is creepy and evil.
  • hahahaha! That's funny about the pit lady. My school doesn't have a guitarist section or anything, even though I know some people in the band do play guitar. I think we should have one.

Last year my school's band played West Side Story. The color guard did a little skit for it too. biggrin.gif
  • haha, that kill hannah radio special could be summarized as the co-host girls calling everything about kill hannah "hot," which is pretty true but come on now...and the caller questions were mostly about touring their city or with their fave bands...

of course my question was about the "rebel yell" cover. give me a 'b-side!' wink.gif
  • weiiird
    we're doing the music of paul mccartney. so it's all beatles songs + live and let die. yeahh
    we've never had a guitar in the pit... we've always thought it dumb. this is the first year we have a drumset in the pit, which it think is just plain dumb

my freshman year we played the music of alan silvestri... who did the abyss, and back to the future, and a bunch more cool ones i cant remember

and part of our soph show was "time" by pink floyd.
  • mmm Garth Brooks is on the TV
  • My throat hurts. It probably doesn't help that I was just on the phone for an hour.
  • QUOTE (shades of blue @ Nov 15 2005, 10:55 PM)
    of course my question was about the "rebel yell" cover.  give me a 'b-side!' wink.gif

oooh, that was your question?!? nice... i was most amused by:
    "it's radio and jonny's still fixing his hair"
    "there's a fucking webcam"
  • You guys see the new white stripes video with Conan in it? It rizocks!

http://www.stereogum.com/archives/002070.html
  • i can't stand the white stripes. i used to think they were ok but rolling stone named jack white as the #17 guitarist of all time......
  • You don't like the white stripes cause jack white was named #17 guitarist?
  • yeah...it's like that's what people think. like....when people like stuff that sucks it makes me mad. i mean, they're ok but they're nothing special and their drummer is horrible...horrible.