In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• I don't think it's going to be on every week..?
  • I think it was cancelled. I'm pretty sure it was just that one episode. however, thanks to the glory of YouTube, I'm sure there are clips floating around.
  • This is a double post but like I care.

I was listening to This American Life, as I am prone to do, and I was listening to an episode about neighbors and one's relationship with one's neighbors and whatnot.

On it, someone interviewed Fred Rogers. I watched Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood all the time as a kid, mostly for The Land Of Make-Believe. I loved it.
    Listening to the interview, when Mr. Rogers started doing the voices of all the different characters in the Land of Make Believe, I had the same reaction that I had as a kid. It felt safe. Daniel Tiger saying that it's OK to be different.
    I forgot how wonderful a man Fred Rogers was. His voice so iconic and so soothing. The world felt better with him. Problems solved. Being frightened from time to time was alright, just to talk about one's feelings are realize that the world could be safe. It was warm and great and I really don't think there's been another show like his since, what with all the flashing Saturday morning cartoons (which don't even seem to be mildly stimulating any more. Whatever happened to shows that were actually clever? Animaniacs anyone?).
    He created a world that everyone wanted to be a part of, a neighborhood that encompassed so much more than just a street or block, but for everyone that was willing to become a part of it.
  • man u really must be bored if u had time to type that.
  • I'm a fast typer. I'm like Kerouac, only with less drugs.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jul 18 2007, 07:55 AM)
    I think it was cancelled. I'm pretty sure it was just that one episode. however, thanks to the glory of YouTube, I'm sure there are clips floating around.

WHAT?!?
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • mmm I used to love Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood, too. I know exactly what you mean.

and the cartoons do seem to be getting worse and worse, don't they?
  • VB's show was supposed to be a six-episode series, but they didn't think it would be such a big hit, so it was only the one hour special. She's "hosting" prime time Thursday night on NBC, though, meaning she'll appear during commercial breaks squawking, "MAAAYYJAAHH!"

And I'll love every second.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Jul 19 2007, 12:33 AM)
    mmm I used to love Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood, too. I know exactly what you mean.

and the cartoons do seem to be getting worse and worse, don't they?

Truth. I've had a fascination with animation ever since I saw "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" as a kid and it's sad to see animation turn away from witty characters to, excuse my choice of words, two-dimensional characters that don't engage the kids at all. I mean, Histeria! was just as full of poop jokes as the rest, but I remember my mom ROLLING in laughter when they showed the segment "the Invasion of Poland" with various groups just running across the screen. That and Pinky and the Brain. I mean, they were no Looney Tunes, but it was pretty damn good. Not this Teen Titans crap that's on now. Seriously.

• yo... i like teen titans....

hahaha but thats mostly for the song that starts it off by that cutesy japanese band.

but ya... damn no gangster pidgeons... no hopped up mexican mice..... cartoons aren't that witty or politically incorrect any more... this saddens me.

i like sponge bob though... you have to admit that its pretty funny. they make some refrences that kids won't get but its still safe for them... but you know not as rad as animaniacs or loony toons etc...

also fairly odd parents... damn i love it just for the terminator fairy alone.
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Jul 19 2007, 04:18 AM)
    yo... i like teen titans....

hahaha but thats mostly for the song that starts it off by that cutesy japanese band.

but ya... damn no gangster pidgeons... no hopped up mexican mice..... cartoons aren't that witty or politically incorrect any more... this saddens me.

i like sponge bob though... you have to admit that its pretty funny. they make some refrences that kids won't get but its still safe for them... but you know not as rad as animaniacs or loony toons etc...

also fairly odd parents... damn i love it just for the terminator fairy alone.

Truth about Sponge Bob (and nothing against Teen Titans. I've watched it from time to time myself because, really, all I want to do on Saturday mornings is watch cartoons), I totally forgot about SpongeBob Squarepants. That show is pretty clever (who am I kidding? very cleveR). Still the ratio of good shows to crappy shows is much lower than it was in the past.

I do love Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. I just really like the style of animation.

Hahahah the GoodFeathers. Hahahaha. I totally didn't get it as a kid. Or Slappy the Squirrel. Ammaaazing
  • FOSTERS ROCKS!!!!!

guess what i won tickets to.
    GUESS.
    okay.

THE SIMPSONS MOVIE SCREENING!!
    yaya.
  • Here comes a stingray
    There goes a manta-ray
    In walked a jelly fish
    There goes a dogfish
    Chased by a catfish
    In flew a sea robin
    Watch out for that piranha
    There goes a narwhale
    HERE COMES A BIKINI WHALE!
  • We were at the beach
    Everybody had matching towels
    Somebody went under the dock
    and there they saw a rock
    but it wasn't a roooccck
    IT WAS A ROCK LOBSTER!
  • Motion in the ocean
    His air hose broke
    Lots of trouble
    Lots of bubble
    He was in a jam
    Said the giant clam!!!
  • I am sooooo BORED!
  • Your av reminds me of the live-action Peasant's Quest faux-trailer on HomeStarRunner.
  • i just ate more rice than my stomach can handle
  • darbie is off to a land without internet... actually she's not off to a land at all, she's off to the ocean, there's no land there... well, there is under there, but darbie can't reach that, she's only 5'4"... why is darbie talking in third person?!?